Retained List

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disappointed but not surprised by Pidge - think he’ll find league football and deserves it. One of the few 7/10s most games last season.

Likewise DKD. A very limited footballer but demonstrated at times that he could score goals, for that reason alone I would have kept him if we could.

Won’t be too disappointed if we hold onto Stobbs - if fit and in the right position he scares the crap out of defenders and was one of the few players last year who tried to attack quickly. Still limited but will do alright with us.

Not sure I can face another season of Hope’s running about with zero end product. Maybe last season was a blip - I’ll be glad if he proves me wrong.

4 hours ago, Armchair said:

Disappointed but not surprised by Pidge - think he’ll find league football and deserves it. One of the few 7/10s most games last season.

Likewise DKD. A very limited footballer but demonstrated at times that he could score goals, for that reason alone I would have kept him if we could.

Won’t be too disappointed if we hold onto Stobbs - if fit and in the right position he scares the crap out of defenders and was one of the few players last year who tried to attack quickly. Still limited but will do alright with us.

Not sure I can face another season of Hope’s running about with zero end product. Maybe last season was a blip - I’ll be glad if he proves me wrong.

Money at Stevenage very good apparently. Much closer to home too.

16 hours ago, philsalt said:

I’ll take Shez’s word for it. But Kane Badby being offered a professional contract earlier in the season, not playing and then being released, all under the same manager, adds further evidence (as if we needed anymore) to the fact that decision making at the club is a mess. Feel sorry for the lad and his family. 

I think the EFL/FA regulations around transfer of young professionals may have had something to do with that.

Think we would have received significantly more compensation for a player on professional terms than one who is on YTS (or whatever it might be called these days) terms. Would only take one club to be sniffing about him, even if that interest is very minimal to warrant offering him a very low salary professional deal.

Or we offered him the same terms but someone has come in and offered better terms. So we "release" him but it was Badby who wanted to move. Akin to how we "released" Pidge but his signing is announced by Stevenage the same day.

9 hours ago, Armchair said:

Stobbs seems to sometimes have an excellent cross on him aswell

17 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

I thought this towards the back end of last season his set pieces were quite decent, I think there is a player in there if he plays direct, wouldn't imagine he would break the bank and he may have found his level.

41 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I thought this towards the back end of last season his set pieces were quite decent, I think there is a player in there if he plays direct, wouldn't imagine he would break the bank and he may have found his level.

I think the problem is most of the players have the odd decent thing in them. But there's a reason none of them play or have played any higher - they can't do those decent things regularly enough.  You can carry a few of those sort of players but our squads have been made up entirely of them of late.

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

He can hit the stands from anywhere on the pitch.

Seriously though, I don't think the one decent cross a match makes up for the six he blooters straight out of play.  

21 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

He can hit the stands from anywhere on the pitch.

Seriously though, I don't think the one decent cross a match makes up for the six he blooters straight out of play.  

l like the word blooters

14 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Stobbs inability to defend gave away what 2 last min goals in that awful run we had ? He kept our shit run going needlessly. 

Get rid, I have a few mates who can put a cross in the box if that’s all it takes. 

He should be coached to aim low for the near post, that way he might find the far post with a high cross.😉

Archived