Retained List

I'd imagine a few released players were always going to end up back in league 2 for better money that being said it's a decent base to build from happy we've kept hold of Hart & Clarke at the back, happy we finally seen the back of Diarra, a few good signings and we could playoff push on our hands next season 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Just making a brew and nearly spat it out when I read that. He's scored a grand total of 36 goals in his entire career he's 28 his highest tally was 10 in a season. What you are saying is he's going to have the best season of his life by about a million miles. I will happily admit I'm wrong in 12 months if he actually does that though.

Fondop career stats

how do you make a brew in your mouth?

2 hours ago, SweeperKeeper said:

I guess this now shows that the "Vaughan to Burnley" rumour which was repeated as gospel on here was just more Twitter bollocks?  If so, look forward to seeing him again next season.

I don't think Shez fancies him at all 

I would have been happy to see the back of the lot of them if I’m honest. But in hindsight it’s probably wise to keep hold of a few. 
Any that are under contract that want to go should be allowed to go. These players failed last season, the fewer that stick around the better. 

5 minutes ago, Peak Latic said:

I would have been happy to see the back of the lot of them if I’m honest. But in hindsight it’s probably wise to keep hold of a few. 
Any that are under contract that want to go should be allowed to go. These players failed last season, the fewer that stick around the better. 

Different manager, different coaching and different team mates will hopefully make a few of them much better players.

Hopefully Leutweiler though will be back up to a better keep come the start of the season.

I realise I'm in a minority of one but I think Stobbs could be a decent player coached well  

I would imagine that some of the stay/go decisions made themselves based on cost and desire of players to re-sign. Would imagine it’s hard to agree an affordable settlement with, say, Leutwiler. Some may have been automatic extensions triggered after appearances (though hard to see who that would apply to).

34 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

His size doesn't help him, I was a decent player in my primary school and early high school days but as the other lads got bigger and I, well didn't I struggled massively in 4th and 5th year and gave it up entirely in college

7 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I'm surprised Jameson has gone.

Assumed he'd be staying with him featuring so much at the end of the season.

He looked much better than he had previously too 

A bit too airy fairy for Shez's liking I suspect.

Expect a couple of Pidge types in.

if it is really as bad down ere as everybody suggests l struggle to see how any youth players other than Sutton will benefit from being at the club.

the sight of quite a few 'proper' teams soothes me a bit, but l'm not as hopeful as usual for a gem to come gliding up.

3 hours ago, SweeperKeeper said:

I guess this now shows that the "Vaughan to Burnley" rumour which was repeated as gospel on here was just more Twitter bollocks?  If so, look forward to seeing him again next season.

36 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

1 minute ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

His size doesn't help him

Harry Vaughan is a decent footballer hampered by his lack of physicality. 
If he is going to have a career in football then he has to bulk up and improve his stamina.

He is still young and on a long contract - worth persevering with and I sincerely hope that he comes good 🙏 

44 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I heard a club in the play off zone are interested.

Pretty sure it’s a team below that- he’s supposed to be there signing now, won’t tell me until it’s signed. 

Archived