Changes under new owner.

18 hours ago, LaticMark said:

I think the current main stand was built in 1913. 🧱

They could demolish the stand brick by brick and sell them as souvenirs to grateful supporters! :wink: 

about one brick would survive, that stand is held together by paint.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Peak Latic said:

The facilities in the Main Stand must get completely sorted out. If it isn't worthwhile then shut the stand immediately. How the Main Stand passed any form of safety inspection last season is crazy. 

Agreed….how you could close the North Stand re H & S issues whilst continuing to use the Main Stand beggars belief. Seriously, if a fire broke out in the bar or the food outlet under that stand It would cause absolute pandemonium!
Seats and aisles are so cramped I’m really not confident everybody would get out safely!

There would certainly be broken limbs at best as it’s difficult enough just to get out at full time!

17 hours ago, Peak Latic said:

The facilities in the Main Stand must get completely sorted out. If it isn't worthwhile then shut the stand immediately. How the Main Stand passed any form of safety inspection last season is crazy. 

Agreed….how you could close the North Stand re H & S issues whilst continuing to use the Main Stand beggars belief. Seriously, if a fire broke out in the bar or the food outlet under that stand It would cause absolute pandemonium!
Seats and aisles are so cramped I’m really not confident everybody would get out safely!

There would certainly be broken limbs at best as it’s difficult enough just to get out at full time!

4 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

I thought Mikey was excellent, a proper fan and Roy was … well, Roy - enjoyed the pair of ‘em. 👍

For the first few games, I would agree. Then when it became repetitive and turned into "one-eyemanship",  it lost its charm.

Still, given the material they had to work with every week, I am probably doing them an injustice.

30 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Roy blotted his copybook for me with his criticism of the fans during the protests last season...

Was he just criticising the pitch invasion against Salford or was it more general ?

If it was just Salford I can see his point.

10 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Was he just criticising the pitch invasion against Salford or was it more general ?

If it was just Salford I can see his point.

He was slagging them off from the tennis balls early season

The man is a dinosaur, yes hes given his time but his commentary is painful and that pain has multiplied since Gordy hasnt been around to rein him in 

Give him a season ticket and put him out to pasture 

On 7/2/2022 at 3:59 PM, Lee Sinnott said:

Are we allowed to mention that two stands need knocking down and rebuilt ASAP...? 

Now we're non-league, are we allowed to convert the Chaddy End into a standing terrace now? Keep the structure, whack a new cantilever roof on (with special acoustics) and bring the home fans back into it.

1 hour ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Now we're non-league, are we allowed to convert the Chaddy End into a standing terrace now? Keep the structure, whack a new cantilever roof on (with special acoustics) and bring the home fans back into it.

No.

On 7/5/2022 at 12:06 AM, Monty Burns said:

No.

iirc ones a stand has been fitted with seats you arent allowed to rip them out for standing 

some prem clubs are trialing rail seats that allow safe standing more than likely not financially worth while for us 

3 hours ago, peanuts2 said:

iirc ones a stand has been fitted with seats you arent allowed to rip them out for standing 

some prem clubs are trialing rail seats that allow safe standing more than likely not financially worth while for us 

Haven't the Premier League clubs you refer to "ripped them out" to install safe standing rail seats?

Archived