Changes under new owner.

Hypothetically, want do we realistically hope changes immediately at the club under the new owner?

- Pay bills 

- Pay staff and players on time

- Don’t interfere with the team

- Treat staff and players respectfully

- Rebuild relationships with other clubs and lost sponsors.

- Keep Shez

- Dissolve the Sporting Director Role.

- Lose BO.

Any more?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Hypothetically, want do we realistically hope changes immediately at the club under the new owner?

- Pay bills 

- Keep Shez

- Lose BO.

Any more?

Let Darren & Joe run the club like a club should be done, getting back into league must be a top priority, whether that be this season will be a huge ask, there are others who believe they should be league clubs too sadly.

2 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

Let Darren & Joe run the club like a club should be done, getting back into league must be a top priority, whether that be this season will be a huge ask, there are others who believe they should be league clubs too sadly.

We'll piss it.

My wish list

• 3yr plan. Investment, investment, investment
  • Asset lock BP and club so we don't have to go through this dysfuntional mess again. Invite ORLFC have a stadium for various supports/event. Look at FGR build for eco -sustainability.
  • Embrace EFl reform and prep for fan shadow boards, golden share
  • Fan engagement - work with OASF.PTB.Athleticos any other supporter groups, embedding those fan expectations of openess honest transparency, MOU
  • OACT - provide them with better facilities, a home to work out of. Little wembley build like honeywell centre with training pitches onsite.
  • Community - build in a community hub to address in-equalities we have and tackle them, via OACT and Oldham cares initiative. Little wembley? Bangla bantum or NUFC hub
  • Academy - Grow our own talent
  • Youth - work with Oldham College, 6th form. Work experience from grounds/pitch maintenance, admin, social media 
  • Housing - plumpton clough. Work with NHS to provided housing for key workers. Eco friendly and via Northern roots initiative too
  • OMBC - have support just in case
  • CBS - offer  fans a chance to invest in CBS via OASF if model is right

Off top of my head...

ouch that hurt

14 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

Promotion has to be the no.1 aim. 

Promotion should be the aim I agree. 

Realistically though I think we are looking at a reset and rebuild. Over the past four years the club has lost it’s soul - hopefully, with yesterday’s announcement, we have found a way back.

A lot will depend on our recruitment for the coming season. I hope that we can now bring in a little more quality.

Either way I am pumped for that opening  home game. The fans will turn up. The journey back will begin.

7 minutes ago, underdog said:

My wish list

• Asset lock BP and club so we don't have to go through this dysfuntional mess again. Invite ORLFC have a stadium for various supports/event. Look at FGR build for eco -sustainability.
  • Fan engagement - work with OASF.PTB.Athleticos any other supporter groups, embedding those fan expectations of openess honest transparency, MOU
  • OACT - provide them with better facilities, a home to work out of. Little wembley build like honeywell centre with training pitches onsite.
  • Community - build in a community hub to address in-equalities we have and tackle them, via OACT and Oldham cares initiative. Little wembley? Bangla bantum or NUFC hub
  • Youth - work with Oldham College, 6th form. Work experience from grounds/pitch maintenance, admin, social media 
  • Housing - plumpton clough. Work with NHS to provided housing for key workers. Eco friendly and via Northern roots initiative too

Off top of my head...

ouch that hurt

You dont half make me chuckle underdog

Always a massive 'to do' list

25 minutes ago, underdog said:

My wish list

Off top of my head...

ouch that hurt

That's quite a list and I get BP, ORLFC, FGR and a few others but EFI, MOU, NUFC ?

Can't be Newcastle United Football Club. 😄

6 minutes ago, tGWB said:

You dont half make me chuckle underdog

Always a massive 'to do' list

Cheers my friend. Its how I roll...you should see my housework list...hahah

TBH. It was the OASF strategy we rolled out 14 months ago. 21 steps into fan ownership. "be ready"

It great fans are embracing the 1895 stuff. It puts us in a stronger position more cash we have as well as EFl reform

Also  I have been working with a group that was looking at securing BP as a CBS for the wider sport and the community. This was before OASF announced at the May fans forum they were going down this road .

So it is seared in my brain so to speak

Our new owner is a 'local business man' you would assume with some wealth and good connections to funds

His absolute No1 priority should be to raise cash which can easily be achieved by reviewing season ticket prices and launching a promotional campaign

His 2nd priority should be to advise John Sheridan of his playing squad and resource wage budget

His 3rd priority should be to qualify 'minor works' that are needed within the stadium to make it safe and fit for purpose

You would think that there wont be a shortage of businesses prepared to promote their brand with there being a new owner at the club, which is more cash

He can then spend a good few weeks getting himself and his management team familiar with the football club and its financial obligations so no surprises occur in the future

Typically a new owner will have his thoughts of progression already mapped out but always best to be absolutely certain in what you have acquired

6 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Our new owner is a 'local business man' you would assume with some wealth and good connections to funds

His absolute No1 priority should be to raise cash which can easily be achieved by reviewing season ticket prices and launching a promotional campaign

His 2nd priority should be to advise John Sheridan of his playing squad and resource wage budget

His 3rd priority should be to qualify 'minor works' that are needed within the stadium to make it safe and fit for purpose

You would think that there wont be a shortage of businesses prepared to promote their brand with there being a new owner at the club, which is more cash

He can then spend a good few weeks getting himself and his management team familiar with the football club and its financial obligations so no surprises occur in the future

Typically a new owner will have his thoughts of progression already mapped out but always best to be absolutely certain in what you have acquired

Or her...

10 minutes ago, redlion said:

That's quite a list and I get BP, ORLFC, FGR and a few others but EFI, MOU, NUFC ?

Can't be Newcastle United Football Club. 😄

EFL - Reform via MP Tracey Crouch and the FSA. It is coming and was in Queen speech this April. Empowering fans. Clubs are the heart of the communities and should be treated like so.  OASF chosen topic last summer to Tracey Crouch was assets seperated from clubs. OASF also got on the agenda the financial regulator and golden share (rather than the Bundesliegh model). I know we are not EFL but we need to plan as if we are

MOU - Is an FSA good guidance document and is an "understanding" between supporter groups and their respective clubs on how they work together. Like  transparency on clubs finances, changes to stuff like badges. SAG representaion

NUFC - yes it is. April time they opened an £8 million pound community hub with 32 partners investing. It supports the communities. All ages, all abilities. Bangla Bantums is another one. they are due to break ground on their build this summer...I think. 

1 hour ago, JoeP said:

- Pay bills 

- Keep Shez

- Lose BO.

i don't think the idea of a sporting director is a bad one per se. Its obvs been a complete disaster here because of:

1. The utter incompetency of Mo

2. The inability to sack him due to the fact he was the owners brother. 

Having a consistent approach on recruitment/youth development sitting above coaches seems like a good idea to me. 

Obviously all parties have to have good working relationships and a clear understanding of roles and responsibilities.

There's a lot of positivity on here at the moment- perhaps that spreads wider than this board.

For now whoever the owner is has a lot of goodwill.

Priorities-       1-do the basics- pay the staff and team on time, man the ticket office

2- be clear about the realistic budget for the season and let the manager get on with it

3- build the revenue base- season ticket offer, reach out to sponsors, engage with the community

4- get the small stuff done to improve the match day experience

5- finish the north stand to increase all week revenue

6- lay out the vision

23 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Keep seeing EFL mentioned, last time I looked we were no longer members and are not guaranteed to return any time soon despite the positive news.

Your right

but we need to aim high and getting back into the EFL is a target the club, owner, supporters and wider community of Oldham can embrace.

When the club does well, the town does well. 

1 minute ago, underdog said:

Your right

but we need to aim high and getting back into the EFL is a target the club, owner, supporters and wider community of Oldham can embrace.

When the club does well, the town does well. 

I wonder if Oldham Rugby will be brought on board,

Should have included the pretty obvious one in the OP - rebuilding relationships with fans.

Promotion and winning matches aren’t really something the new owner can control - and neither should they try to!

The ground should be made safe (if there are any safety issues!) - with ground development a medium-term project, there’s a few things that wouldn’t cost masses (you wouldn’t have thought) like putting a roof on the concourse of the RRE to just make it a better experience wouldn’t be a bad starter for ten..

Archived