Changes under new owner.

13 hours ago, LaticsLegend said:

Would love to see the matchday experience brought up to date.

Get a fan zone outside the ground for pre match with local street food vendors, some entertainment (bands/ex player appearances) craft beer bar etc etc..

If we are to attract fans back, a visit to BP on Saturday has to be more of an occasion than just a non league football match for 90 mins.

Get the fans down early and keep them late, spending their money at the club.

Would be great if they do it. Other clubs seem to do well out of it.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

You used to be able to purchase your half time drinks in the Ford Stand/Lookers Stand before the game and got a numbered ticket in return. At half time, the drinks were pre-poured and you just provided your ticket. 

Not a bad short term solution until can get one if those multi-pouring ones?   

They still do that in the Frizzell Bar using raffle tickets.  The drinks are poured out and left on the counter with the corresponding raffle ticket left next to it.

It always strikes me as a massive trust exercise, that no one else will swipe the drinks! 

1 minute ago, philwhite said:

Would be great if they do it. Other clubs seem to do well out of it.

What i saw at Lincoln City that night Phil, the night that turned out to be Scholesey's last game in charge. Forget the Air raid sirens everytime they got a corner (still got it tingling in my ears now), but the whole set up outside was of a club on the up and people buying into the experience. 

We haven't been on the up as a club for so long and I think there are lots of other improvements that can be made relatively quickly but I think this idea is something we should be aspiring to in the relatively near future      

1 minute ago, JoeP said:

They still do that in the Frizzell Bar using raffle tickets.  The drinks are poured out and left on the counter with the corresponding raffle ticket left next to it.

It always strikes me as a massive trust exercise, that no one else will swipe the drinks! 

I am sure it is Joe but we always managed to get ours at half time in Ford Stand! 

Short term solution to long queues? Worth a go at Rochdale Road End and North Stand once again?  Only till a better solution is found   

21 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

I am sure it is Joe but we always managed to get ours at half time in Ford Stand! 

Short term solution to long queues? Worth a go at Rochdale Road End and North Stand once again?  Only till a better solution is found   

Definitely worth a go in the interim.

Have a queuing system in place - one for pre-paid and one for non-prepaid and Bob's your Uncle..

2 hours ago, underdog said:

Who knows. You can even get trailer tankers converted into bars with a marquees to connect them/seating areas

Yes I looked at this too a long, long time ago. With a legends walkway around BP.

A nice welcoming fan zone area like at Man City 

And a statue of the lord.

Another one is a temporary fenced off smoking area out side the exit gates (might not be doable in from the main stand..) so people can have a smoke at half-time.

I'm not a smoker and think it's a stupid habit, but I don't think smokers should be treated like naughty school children by the stewards if they try and have a sneaky one while they're in the ground!

57 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Another one is a temporary fenced off smoking area out side the exit gates (might not be doable in from the main stand..) so people can have a smoke at half-time.

I'm not a smoker and think it's a stupid habit, but I don't think smokers should be treated like naughty school children by the stewards if they try and have a sneaky one while they're in the ground!

And it might sort out the issue of them smoking in the toilets.... 

1 hour ago, JoeP said:

The walking access outside the ground is a disgrace, slippery narrow trodden dirt paths behind both the RRE and the Chaddy stand. I wonder why BO with his passion for H&S never insisted work was done to remedy these accident hazards? 

6 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

The walking access outside the ground is a disgrace, slippery narrow trodden dirt paths behind both the RRE and the Chaddy stand. I wonder why BO with his passion for H&S never insisted work was done to remedy these accident hazards? 

Because they aren't owned by the FLG or part of the North Stand

The Hutt is not and never has been concerned with Safety and his vendetta has been nothing to do with it will be seen when the stand is reopened as soon as the takeover is done

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

Opportunity for the new owner(s) get the help of the Local community.  The fan base will have many of the skills to help with maintenance of these areas to improve the matcday experience.  The Council will also have term maintenance contractors who can repair the walkways, car park and carry out landscaping.  I  have organised this type of volunteering for Grimsby Town FC in the past.  The club pay for materials and my team of roadworkers do the repairs to the surrounding paving as part of volunteering / responsible business.  The club will throw in some corporate hospitality, usually a fish and chip supper at a midweek match for those who help, everyone is a winner.  It's not difficult when you have an organised set up and a community based club.

4 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Because they aren't owned by the FLG or part of the North Stand

The Hutt is not and never has been concerned with Safety and his vendetta has been nothing to do with it will be seen when the stand is reopened as soon as the takeover is done

True, but he could have made recommendations for work to be done in the interests of public safety 

1 minute ago, Whitts said:

Opportunity for the new owner(s) get the help of the Local community.  The fan base will have many of the skills to help with maintenance of these areas to improve the matcday experience.  The Council will also have term maintenance contractors who can repair the walkways, car park and carry out landscaping.  I  have organised this type of volunteering for Grimsby Town FC in the past.  The club pay for materials and my team of roadworkers do the repairs to the surrounding paving as part of volunteering / responsible business.  The club will throw in some corporate hospitality, usually a fish and chip supper at a midweek match for those who help, everyone is a winner.  It's not difficult when you have an organised set up and a community based club.

Great ideas whites. Oldham college used to send work experience learners to BP once.

They were desperate to get onsite experience. BP is the ideal model to do this from admin, media, general site maintenance, grounds keeping, landscaping, art work/muriels and they did have a sewing academy a yrs ago-think kits and stuff.

Last time it was tapped into was when Neil Joy was at the helm. I helped get both college and club together

Oddles of ideas we all have for better Match day experienced

Hope new owner can cope with it all haha

3 minutes ago, underdog said:

Great ideas whites. Oldham college used to send work experience learners to BP once.

They were desperate to get onsite experience. BP is the ideal model to do this from admin, media, general site maintenance, grounds keeping, landscaping, art work/muriels and they did have a sewing academy a yrs ago-think kits and stuff.

Last time it was tapped into was when Neil Joy was at the helm. I helped get both college and club together

Oddles of ideas we all have for better Match day experienced

Hope new owner can cope with it all haha

I have loads of ideas but unfortunately live in Lincolnshire.  Organise a JCB  to clear and level  areas of vegetation to the rear Frizzell stand and around the existing car park to create more space for parking and more income. There is room for another 100 spaces. The use of road planings, a bi-product which can be obtained for free from any surfacing companiy, rather than expensive asphalt, creates a permeable surface for parking and avoids the need for expensive drainage.  All easy to do with help from the community and Council. Something, I have organised in my local area with help from plant hire companies, farmers, Construction companies.  Many organisations encourage staff to volunteer 2 days a year, the club needs to tap into this free labour.  I know the ground needs major investment but it can be spruced up with some paint, posters, signs and help from the fan base. And if nothing else, I hope the owners will replace and clean the end panels to the RRE and Chaddy which are an embarresment. 

2 minutes ago, Whitts said:

I have loads of ideas but unfortunately live in Lincolnshire.  Organise a JCB  to clear and level  areas of vegetation to the rear Frizzell stand and around the existing car park to create more space for parking and more income. There is room for another 100 spaces. The use of road planings, a bi-product which can be obtained for free from any surfacing companiy, rather than expensive asphalt, creates a permeable surface for parking and avoids the need for expensive drainage.  All easy to do with help from the community and Council. Something, I have organised in my local area with help from plant hire companies, farmers, Construction companies.  Many organisations encourage staff to volunteer 2 days a year, the club needs to tap into this free labour.  I know the ground needs major investment but it can be spruced up with some paint, posters, signs and help from the fan base. And if nothing else, I hope the owners will replace and clean the end panels to the RRE and Chaddy which are an embarresment. 

And hopefully make sure reserve seat stickers are on for season ticket holders.

Something despite my asking sevral times last season they couldn't be bothered doing.

Had to turf a bloke out once and led to an awkward scene.

A huge opportunity for the club to reintegrate with the community and rid itself of the vitriolic relationship it has recently had with the fans, sponsors and media alike. Good times on the pitch, if they can be achieved, will possibly motivate fans and local businesses to help where needed and broken links to be re-established with former sponsors.

At this moment in time, we know nothing of the buyer's identity, standing within the borough of Oldham or the nature of the personality taking over. We can only hope that whoever it is are the complete polar opposite of those on their way out. 

This will be a key website to monitor

Because of the ACV held by OMBC on behalf of OASF.  Brassbank have to "trigger" the ACV if they are intending to sell.

OMBC have to notify OASF. 

OASF have the power (or another not for profit organisation) to delay the sale. For up to 6 months

Sport England would have to be involved in any pre-planning when it comes to any development of Little wembley as a loss of a community pitch. In 2009 lapsed housing permission there was a section 106 placed on it with a value and replacement pitch 3g pitch and floodlighting

I would hope by then, a  new owner would have briefed OASF so they can decide to delay the stadium sale or give its blessing to go through

Wouldn't mind a big tidy up around the ground. If we are to expect big attendances (which will happen if we start winning) the ground infrastructure needs changing too. The ground just couldn't cope with 8k people for Rochdale. 

if it is Manchester Cabins Man we will not want for ideas. smokin shelters, pre match all day drinking, fire up the bbq, car boot sale, he will have loads of ideas 😁

lettin it catch me here aren't l 😬

l mean, steady on lads its not even happened yet..

6 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Are we allowed to mention that two stands need knocking down and rebuilt ASAP...? 

Yes. Has to be factored in and hence I requested SAG info that is with FOI commisioner after OASF being denied info although we won the OMBC appeal (internal review). It formed part if the ACV pre-trigger plan. Get intel on the state of BP

So we have to be open minded. But factor in that land for a new stadium build is being gobbled up too.

So the vision/plan for all the site dont forget Little Wembley and Plumpton too. Will have to be big for us to be sustainable.

Deep pockets

15 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Are we allowed to mention that two stands need knocking down and rebuilt ASAP...? 

Not sure that's the case, anyway we'll probably still have one of the better grounds for the level we are at, both are functional if a little dated and I couldn't care less where the away fans stand/sit, priority would be the main stand but it would be on the back burner for me.

29 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Planning permission for a new main stand wouldn't be easy with the houses opposite, they'd need to design it as close to the current configuration I'd imagine which was shite in 1906 (or whenever it was originally built)

Demolishing it alone would see the street closed unless they did it pitchside which creates its own issues 

Archived