Changes under new owner.

26 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Planning permission for a new main stand wouldn't be easy with the houses opposite, they'd need to design it as close to the current configuration I'd imagine which was shite in 1906 (or whenever it was originally built)

Demolishing it alone would see the street closed unless they did it pitchside which creates its own issues 

Not too difficult to be honest.  Temporary traffic regulation order to make road one way, with occasional closures during off season.  Main thing is to consult residents and get them on board.  Precedent is established for Planning if stand remains same height just needs to run full length of pitch.  Facade may need to be clad in similar brick to existing but all is feasible. Include office space and lease to hospital to generate income.  

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Whitts said:

Not too difficult to be honest.  Temporary traffic regulation order to make road one way, with occasional closures during off season.  Main thing is to consult residents and get them on board.  Precedent is established for Planning if stand remains same height just needs to run full length of pitch.  Facade may need to be clad in similar brick to existing but all is feasible. Include office space and lease to hospital to generate income.  

One way traffic doesn't solve the issue of a crane in the road with a rather large turning circle and the necessity of an exclusion zone.  The whole street would need to be closed 

Edit - apologies seen you mention closures 

40 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Planning permission for a new main stand wouldn't be easy with the houses opposite, they'd need to design it as close to the current configuration I'd imagine which was shite in 1906 (or whenever it was originally built)

Demolishing it alone would see the street closed unless they did it pitchside which creates its own issues 

I think the current main stand was built in 1913. 🧱

They could demolish the stand brick by brick and sell them as souvenirs to grateful supporters! :wink: 

4 hours ago, BP1960 said:

And hopefully make sure reserve seat stickers are on for season ticket holders.

Something despite my asking sevral times last season they couldn't be bothered doing.

Had to turf a bloke out once and led to an awkward scene.

Like to think that wouldn't even feature in big Dave Og's top 50 priorities.

6 minutes ago, mickjagger said:

I am sure the fan base would rally round have a few volunteer days amazing what a lick of paint & TLC can achieve for minimal cost.
Name the day im there.

I reckon we must have plenty of people who are fans of the club who are tradesmen who could really help do little bits of work here and there that would really improve Boundary Park maybe if we can get them to do it at mates rates if you like.

The facilities in the Main Stand must get completely sorted out. If it isn't worthwhile then shut the stand immediately. How the Main Stand passed any form of safety inspection last season is crazy. 

After that the club just needs to look like it's loved again on and off the field.  Things like the side panelling of the Chaddy and RRE, seats with season ticket stickers on them,  floodlights fully operating and being able to walk round the ground without falling into a pothole or down a slippery banking. 

25 minutes ago, Peak Latic said:

The facilities in the Main Stand must get completely sorted out. If it isn't worthwhile then shut the stand immediately. How the Main Stand passed any form of safety inspection last season is crazy. 

After that the club just needs to look like it's loved again on and off the field.  Things like the side panelling of the Chaddy and RRE, seats with season ticket stickers on them,  floodlights fully operating and being able to walk round the ground without falling into a pothole or down a slippery banking. 

It needs bulldozing to be fair.

2 hours ago, Peak Latic said:

It's a very ordinary plain building of no architectural significance and it's a slum. It should be razed to the ground. 

17 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

It's a very ordinary plain building of no architectural significance and it's a slum. It should be razed to the ground. 

But keep my old seat with a nail it to be framed in the new main stand.

7 hours ago, L1onheartNew said:

Ensure live games are a watchable option for overseas dyed in the wools such as myself.

Similar to i-Follow, but not i-Follow and sans heavy touch Mikey and deary me Roy.

I thought Mikey was excellent, a proper fan and Roy was … well, Roy - enjoyed the pair of ‘em. 👍

10 hours ago, LaticsLegend said:

Find it amazing how many mentions of stickers on the seats of season ticket holders there's been in a few days of talking about priorities for the new owner.

Never change, Latics fans.

Yet another high horse moaner. The point is Its endemic of how the club was run and how simple things can can be remedied by a new regime to bring back the feel good factor at the stadium.

As I pointed out there was an ugly incident when one inebriated person to refused to leave a season ticket holders seat as he insisted it was unreserved with no sticker on it.

Easy to avoid with the will to listen to fans.

It wasn't just one seat it was half the stand without them or half torn.

28 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Yet another high horse moaner. The point is Its endemic of how the club was run and how simple things can can be remedied by a new regime to bring back the feel good factor at the stadium.

As I pointed out there was an ugly incident when one inebriated person to refused to leave a season ticket holders seat as he insisted it was unreserved with no sticker on it.

Yep, there are so many easy, virtually zero cost wins that incrementally will make an impact 

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

I think you’ve misread his reply. 

He was giving a backhanded compliment to the idiosyncratic nature of Latics fans. 

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

I thought Mikey was excellent, a proper fan and Roy was … well, Roy - enjoyed the pair of ‘em. 👍

Yes Mikey was decent his only weakness was that he almost sounded like he was on helium if we merely crossed in to the opposition half, I'll miss the IFollow coverage and will now have to trek to the likes of Yeovil and Southend to see us that I've already been to and could ordinarily watch at home.

Roy is Roy and has the distinction of being one of the only employees to see it out of the other side with the Lemsagams in charge, can think of Dean and Sue as well as Wendy Noble at the Community Trust but there can't be that many others. Blokes knocking on and deserves a little bit more respect in my opinion.

Archived