MATCH: vs Southend United (A) 20/08/22

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Getting battered. Again. 

Not fucking surprising if true about Sheridan not having the oppo watched and adapting the team tactics to suit. Lose this and for me he can go because no matter how much time he gets I do not believe he will get the results needed to keep the club in even this division. 

Go on old man, prove me wrong.

I’m afraid this season was always in trouble with the deal (well half a deal so far) coming so late in the day and the squad that’s been assembled is basically lower 3rd of the table NL quality and let’s face it, most of us felt it was a season too far for Shez

The concern for me is there does seem to be a problem getting players in and we don’t know the reasons.

Life is challenging for everyone atm and I don’t think I can justify too many £100 trips to watch the likes of McGahey and Francis-Angol struggling to do the basics and tactics which consist of lumping it over midfield to Porter and Fondop…frankly my old Sunday league team played better football.

I thought there was an overreaction after Tuesday (albeit not unjustified), but it was clear that significant changes were needed today and it hasn't really happened.  The team and performance is so similar to Tuesday we're getting battered.  There has to be an improvement in the 2nd half.

Just heard Roy say "at least it's only one goal".  Not good enough.

I think the keeper is the least of our worries and hasn't made any mistakes so far.   We seem to be absolutely wide open down the flanks with teams over loading us and getting decent balls into the box.   The whole 3 5 2 or 5 3 2 whatever its supposed to be isn't helping especially with Stobbs and Angol as neither are suited to it.   Angol is a left fullback and isn't comfortable going forward and Stobbs is just crap with no end product and no defensive ability.   Stobbs is forever sending left footed players onto the the outside which means they can get a good cross in. 

Wealdstone and Dorking in 2nd and 3rd spots at the moment, Latics down to the usual 17th. I expect Chesterfield will be top after their game and it's obvious points are needed early doors to prevent a gap opening up. No use in denying I am worried about where those points are going to come from, given the current level of playing ability and lack of tactics.

Archived