Consolidation

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

It's easy throwing someone else's money at it, even if Frank stumped up 2 million this season it wouldn't guarantee anything.

Some else's money is a strange concept. The hundreds of thousands of pounds spent by fans in the last 3 weeks has been given to the club. 

Frank's a hero, no doubt. The idea that every penny spent is his now is an odd line.

10 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

So whether it's an extra hundred grand for players, £2m, £10m he shouldn't bother trying? 

Owners been here less than a month and he's being accused of not trying already, I'm pretty sure they are trying as hard as they can and they've brought in a couple of loan players already this week, if players don't want to come here there is not much we can do, I'm still happy to give them more than 29 days to try and sort out the shitshow they inherited.

20 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Some else's money is a strange concept. The hundreds of thousands of pounds spent by fans in the last 3 weeks has been given to the club. 

Frank's a hero, no doubt. The idea that every penny spent is his now is an odd line.

Of course it's his, he hasn't bought it to then plough money in that he hasn't got, any money spent will go towards running the football club, as it should, how he then decides to spend it is up to Frank and the board.

To have a real cut at promotion would probably involve transfer fees, would certainly involve higher wages than we've been paying and I'm sure would demand longer contracts. So we do all that this season and don't go up? Stuck with a squad that wasn't good enough on long contracts and we can't get rid of them. If there was ever a time for sensible, prudent management this is it. 

But yes, of course I want to us to go up. 

16 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

People do realise we will have a chance to get promotion next season don't they? probably a better chance than this season.

How will we have a better chance?

We'll see a big turnover of players, sell less season tickets and not be seen as a club likely to get promoted in the eyes of potential targets. 

If Frank isn't wanting to spend his personal money on the football side now why would he then? We will soon be back to the ever dwindling hardcore of fans if the football side of things isn't doing well.

Fingers crossed tonight is the start of an upturn. 

4 minutes ago, Clifford said:

How will we have a better chance?

We'll see a big turnover of players, sell less season tickets and not be seen as a club likely to get promoted in the eyes of potential targets. 

If Frank isn't wanting to spend his personal money on the football side now why would he then? We will soon be back to the ever dwindling hardcore of fans if the football side of things isn't doing well.

Fingers crossed tonight is the start of an upturn. 

Because we are still looking for investors to come on board there is a good chance we will find them and we will have everything in place behind the scenes as a club to move forwards.

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

Because we are still looking for investors to come on board there is a good chance we will find them and we will have everything in place behind the scenes as a club to move forwards.

Ah the old hope thing. Yes hopefully some businesses will come on board and want to spend their hard earned on wages and transfers. Question is if we don't think Frank should, why should they? 

The longer you stay in this league the smaller you become. We'll be less of a draw for players year on year and our income will shrink also.

Frank doesn't own the ground yet,  so investment will be a bit thin on the ground. 

He said he is looking for a consortium after a year or so too. 

I worked for a company that the owner refused to sell to a large British player,  it was sold to a large American  company outwardly looking to gain a foothold in the UK market. 

It was sold to the UK company 1 year and 1 day later. 

I expect we may see the FLG backers return but Abdallah refused to deal with them directly. A hunch no insider info. 

So this year,  whilst disappointing we haven't at least tried to sign some established proven players,  may be the scapegoat for a much more aggressive push later that ultimately may prove more satisfying  if we can kick on to L1 rather than languishing in L2 if we go boom and bust. 

We need a long term strategy and a team based in a solid core of a long term players not mercenaries after a quick buck. 

I don’t care what anyone says about the background stuff, I fully expect us to go into every game and have a good chance of winning and at a minimum compete. We are in the National League playing bloody Aldershot on a Friday night. The size of our crowds alone should mean we are able to compete I don’t care what anyone says. 

Four games in, we are four games in…

There is a certain type of football fan, and every club has some, who will only see and focus on the negative. 

If it makes you feel better then knock yourself out guys. 

Me? I see the failings but I understand the bigger picture. 

13 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Four games in, we are four games in…

There is a certain type of football fan, and every club has some, who will only see and focus on the negative. 

If it makes you feel better then knock yourself out guys. 

Me? I see the failings but I understand the bigger picture. 

It isn't four games as far as Sheri is concerned though, it is an extended period of decline.

He doesn't improve players through coaching so how else are we going improve results if it isn't by increasing the wage bill?

45 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

This idea that we shouldn't spend money because it doesn't guarantee success, can only conclude anyone coming out with this nonsense are the real trolls.

Given the Rothwells will have a finite amount of money for this whole thing, what percentage are you advocating they spend on new players? Transfer fees etc. What do think would be a fair amount to spend?

7 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Given the Rothwells will have a finite amount of money for this whole thing, what percentage are you advocating they spend on new players? Transfer fees etc. What do think would be a fair amount to spend?

Pointless coming up with arbitrary figures but I'm staggered there isn't a decent pot available to bring the quality levels up.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Of course it's his, he hasn't bought it to then plough money in that he hasn't got, any money spent will go towards running the football club, as it should, how he then decides to spend it is up to Frank and the board.

The 500k or so brought in by fans isn't Frank's personal money is it? It'll be oafc money. Let's not too daft with things unless you're accusing Frank of pocketing club funds?

He'll do wonders off the pitch, just hope he gives Royle and whoever is manager half a chance on it.

39 minutes ago, Clifford said:

The 500k or so brought in by fans isn't Frank's personal money is it? It'll be oafc money. Let's not too daft with things unless you're accusing Frank of pocketing club funds?

He'll do wonders off the pitch, just hope he gives Royle and whoever is manager half a chance on it.

You're making figures up now and think every penny should be spent on players - okay.

Archived