MATCH: vs York City (A) 29/08/22

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

We've been out played and out thought for over 9 hours already this season in the centre of the park and he's been given half hour at Southend and about 5 minutes at the weekend against Aldershot, didn't go Southend listened on iFollow but by all accounts was the only bright spark in another lacklustre performance. 

Here's the problem I have with it, Vaughan even at just 18 has EFL experience, now you can see why Shez doesn't fancy him;

1. He's not Shez' player

2. He's lightweight and it's an easy excuse to keep him on the bench as the physicality of the NL would be too much for him.

It could be argued that these are valid points but he's pushing three lads in that midfield who are weak as piss but more importantly can't look after the football, Tollitt and Burgess are passengers the majority of the time and don't even get me started on Stobbs whose turning out a couple of leagues higher than he should be.

What message does it give the youths when a player of Harry's ability can't even make the bench, there's no doubt about it he has the attributes and football brain to play at an higher level and is the type of player we should championing not alienating in favour of sub standard replacements, I'm not claiming he's the next Messi but surely he would of been better than Tollitt in that midfield on Monday who on top of being weak is lazy and can't find a blue shirt.

Cooper doesn't put himself about either which leaves Gardner to do all the work, hence a lot of his bookings are for chasing back.

Tollitt is another who seems to lack workrate and even Shez must see he's been caught in possession so much it's a liability. 

The 2 loanees could play in midfield and they don't look bad.

No excuse for players not putting a full shift in, I seen several non league matches this season at a lower level and players far better than we have.

Hopefully  another couple of loanees who can pass a ball and have a good work ethic will improve things.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It appeared to me nothing was done to nullify the threat of York City winger Hurst, nor pick up those who knew to run on to the centre forwards flick ons. (The exact opposite with Fondop's flick ons which no one read).

Same with their throws ins, which found men in space while ours stood still like statues.

Every team has its strengths and weaknesses and we should be fully aware of these pre match.

It could be our analyst has passed on relevant information, if so it looks like it's either not being implemented on the pitch or the players aren't capable carrying out instructions.

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Same with their throws ins, which found men in space while ours stood still like statues.

Said this for ages re throw ins - we always give the opposition loads of time and space to do what they want and from our throws we usually lose possession straight away. Same happened pre Shez so not just a recent thing.

29 minutes ago, mick26 said:

Said this for ages re throw ins - we always give the opposition loads of time and space to do what they want and from our throws we usually lose possession straight away. Same happened pre Shez so not just a recent thing.

What happened to the throw in coach ?

2 minutes ago, OAFC_ULTRA said:

I heard he couldn’t handle the expectations 

I remember in the olden days Manchester United had a player who could throw as far as Dublin.

However this was surpassed later by a player who could throw as far as Valencia. 😁

• Matt unfeatured this topic
  • 1 month later...

Archived