MATCH: vs York City (A) 29/08/22

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I agree largely, but there does seem to be real basics lacking on the pitch which if corrected could mean we're a club in recovery AND be successful this season.

I'm not there today, but it sounds a lot like Friday where we were unbelievably fortunate to beat a woeful Aldershot side.  It was such hard work because we played Fondop up front on his own, which just didn't work and we, yet again, so often fluffed simple passes and allowed the opposition space to play.  These players aren't world beaters, but I don't believe they're so bad that they can't do the most simple things.

Oh I agree that on the pitch improvements can occur at the same time as off the pitch ones but both will take time.

22 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Oh I agree that on the pitch improvements can occur at the same time as off the pitch ones but both will take time.

Right you are, but is questioning why a player can't complete a simple 5 yard pass or why Fondop is being played without any support being unreasonable?  There's no harm in suggesting we could be getting more out of the resources we've currently got..

Archived