MATCH: vs York City (A) 29/08/22

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Right you are, but is questioning why a player can't complete a simple 5 yard pass or why Fondop is being played without any support being unreasonable?  There's no harm in suggesting we could be getting more out of the resources we've currently got..

Not at all such constructive criticism is fine but it was more a response to a poster who mentioned booing that occurred.

12 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Tried our best to lose near the end but managed to hang on for a draw. 

Can't keep hold of the ball.  

Should have gone looking for a second goal.  far too negative.

Gardner wasn't mentioned on commentary ?

Mid-table team this season

Played Ok for 25 minutes. Fondop had a decent 2nd half to be fair and i’m his biggest critic. Far too sloppy in possession again and why oh why after they score do we not change things up? 
Most worrying thing for me was we were hanging on at the end, after having 24h more rest. 
We are a very very boring side to watch, and this support will not carry on if we continue with these crap tactics.

Just now, Littlemoor Lad said:

Sounded good at the restart but went missing yet again

Mid table at best until we start performing 

Agreed.

The players are only performing in short bursts, other than that- it’s abject. Who is responsible for these performances? 

Are the players just not good enough to give consistent performances? Is drifting in and out of games what to expect from division 5 players? 

Shez can’t run or pass for the players,  but he decides the team and the tactics- Kow said earlier shez doesn’t want to lose, and I think that’s spot on. Also, overly defensive sides rarely challenge. 

I think we’ll bob along in lower mid table under Shez, but should that be the limit of our expectations- given the squad we’ve got? 

39 minutes ago, TJ1952 said:

Can't keep hold of the ball.  

Should have gone looking for a second goal.  far too negative.

Gardner wasn't mentioned on commentary ?

Mid-table team this season

To be fair the Radio York commentators said we weren't sitting back at one nil but pushing for a second.

Question to those at the game.

Should Sheridan have changed it sooner? Seemed pretty negative again.

Subs only used in the 80th and 88th minute. What's the point in Junior playing for 2 bloody mins..... again??

Also no Vaughan.....again? Was it too physical for him? Stobbs comes on but not Vaughan....bit mystifying from afar but any views from those that attended?

I am beginning to wonder what shezs tactics are? We only seem to pass backwards and lump it forwards. We dont press as a team. There is no urgency in getting the ball forward. Players get the ball and dont appear to have options other than backwards. I dont feel like we have played a quality side yet, and we look average at best against who we have played. Shez has been a legend for us but I do feel like we need a change of direction as I feel someone else could get more out of these players and actually set us up as a half decent team

25 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Question to those at the game.

Should Sheridan have changed it sooner? Seemed pretty negative again.

Subs only used in the 80th and 88th minute. What's the point in Junior playing for 2 bloody mins..... again??

Also no Vaughan.....again? Was it too physical for him? Stobbs comes on but not Vaughan....bit mystifying from afar but any views from those that attended?

100% this. Needed changing as soon as they scored. That game was there for the taking today with a bit of positive tactics from the manager. 

2 hours ago, League one forever said:

For anyone that was actually there, is it fair to say we played well for 15/20 minutes in the second half? 

That's exactly what happened. Scored and were well on top for the next 20 minutes then for some reason, we let York back into the game. Personally think it's time for the Sheridactyl to retire in to the sunset and let us name the Strike it Lucky draw after him...

37 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

That's exactly what happened. Scored and were well on top for the next 20 minutes then for some reason, we let York back into the game. Personally think it's time for the Sheridactyl to retire in to the sunset and let us name the Strike it Lucky draw after him...

Was about to say the same about that 20 mins. Something changed just before they scored because Roberts was suddenly covering 2 players for about 5 mins then eventually they equalised. Not sure if they changed tactics or we did but we looked to be playing with purpose and confidence straight from 2nd half kick off. After they scored we lost our way. 

1 hour ago, OAFC_ULTRA said:

I am beginning to wonder what shezs tactics are? We only seem to pass backwards and lump it forwards. We dont press as a team. There is no urgency in getting the ball forward. Players get the ball and dont appear to have options other than backwards. I dont feel like we have played a quality side yet, and we look average at best against who we have played. Shez has been a legend for us but I do feel like we need a change of direction as I feel someone else could get more out of these players and actually set us up as a half decent team

A direct runner like their number 7 would be handy.

Weak defending for their goal, we need a proper centre back replacement for Hogan.

Not convinced with Tollitt, he loses possession far too often for my liking and puts our defence in trouble.

Cooper was anonymous most of the game and Clarke made more passes to the referee than his own team mates, granted the ref was wearing black like the back of our shirts.

25 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Personally think it's time for the Sheridactyl to retire in to the sunset and let us name the Strike it Lucky draw after him...

Personally I think that Sheridan has earned enough credit over his time at Latics to be given disrespectful nicknames from our fans, regardless of results.

I'm not saying that he's covering himself in glory currently because performances don't sound good enough and we need to be showing signs of improvement pretty soon.

Chesterfield will be a good indicator of how up-for-it Sheridan and this squad are.

Archived