Signing & Player Rumours

Just now, Monty Burns said:

well yeah if youre gona get like that about it then Evertons best young player will probably be playin for Everton.

l rephrase and say a good young player from Everton.

No i understood what you meant but top young players from Premiership clubs tend to go out of loan at Championship or League 1 level.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which is the point i've been making for a while when people have been saying we haven't made the best use of the loan system. It's not as easy to get an Iversen, Lang, Surridge etc in the National League as it has been previously.

49 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

l would imagine at least one of Evertons best young player will be heading over in january when the window opens

I hope I've got the wrong end of the stick, but some of the things I've read recently give me the impression that Everton won't be sending any players to Unsworth...

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Well at least that makes the ‘only 5 loanees in the match day squad’ decision a tad easier  👍

So Unsworth was a big fan, had watched him a lot, recommended by lots of people, energetic with an eye for goal and a powerful left foot, a great character, hoping he impresses and we can extend the deal. But barely plays him so he leaves early to join a rival.

Unsworth’s looking like a mug. That’s Bolton and Man Utd who are unlikely to want to do business with us for a while.

6 hours ago, PeteG said:

Agree with the majority of this except it sometimes takes longer than a month for them to get to grips with the physical demand. McAlmont took at least 3 months, a lot of people wrote him off early doors and then from about December he was arguably our best player till the end of the season.

Yep don't disagree with that 

2 hours ago, Sloshed Joe said:

So Unsworth was a big fan, had watched him a lot, recommended by lots of people, energetic with an eye for goal and a powerful left foot, a great character, hoping he impresses and we can extend the deal. But barely plays him so he leaves early to join a rival.

Unsworth’s looking like a mug. That’s Bolton and Man Utd who are unlikely to want to do business with us for a while.

It takes two to tango. Maybe Carty didn’t do enough in training to make an impression.

9 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

It takes two to tango. Maybe Carty didn’t do enough in training to make an impression.

I didn't get that impression of him when he came on and I think it was more to do with Unsworths reluctance to go two up top, would of liked to have seen him with Abraham, I think they could of been an handful and helped us to defend from the front a little better.

3 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

I didn't get that impression of him when he came on and I think it was more to do with Unsworths reluctance to go two up top, would of liked to have seen him with Abraham, I think they could of been an handful and helped us to defend from the front a little better.

I hope that Carty doesn’t have an impact at Gateshead, given they are fighting at the foot of the table with us. I don’t have a strong opinion on him, given he didn’t get much time to shine. He looked fairly bright in the cameo v Yeovil. Set up the 2nd and narrowly missed a goal for himself.

In his Gateshead interview, he states that they play a high intensity pressing game and look to spring attacks in behind opposition defence, and that will suit his play. It’s different to the sitting deep style (or sitting on the bench!!) that he experienced with us.

I just think it reflects badly on Unsworth, as he talked so positively when bringing Carty in. If Carty does bang a few in for Gateshead and we continue to struggle, Unsworth’s judgement will be brought further into question. Let’s hope his time there is quiet.

13 minutes ago, Sloshed Joe said:

I hope that Carty doesn’t have an impact at Gateshead, given they are fighting at the foot of the table with us. I don’t have a strong opinion on him, given he didn’t get much time to shine. He looked fairly bright in the cameo v Yeovil. Set up the 2nd and narrowly missed a goal for himself.

In his Gateshead interview, he states that they play a high intensity pressing game and look to spring attacks in behind opposition defence, and that will suit his play. It’s different to the sitting deep style (or sitting on the bench!!) that he experienced with us.

I just think it reflects badly on Unsworth, as he talked so positively when bringing Carty in. If Carty does bang a few in for Gateshead and we continue to struggle, Unsworth’s judgement will be brought further into question. Let’s hope his time there is quiet.

Carty looked to have something about him in his limited appearance, if he goes to be revalation with Gateshead we will look very silly.

On the other hand Im not bothered about Wellens

Archived