Signing & Player Rumours

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

well, thats not what l meant to do 🙄

No I didn't see that tweet as don't follow him or it wasn't on the hashtag - thanks for sharing though, think at Scunny, it's Lee Turnbull who used to be at us briefly who looks after that side of it so won't be up to an interim manager anyway if he stays or goes

ITK & we have apparently offered in the region of 14 - 18k for Willoughby, Chester would want closer to 60k, contract is up in the summer but we can substantially increase his current salary, Willoughby is mulling over the move, his agent WANTS the move, next few days a clearer outlook on the situation will emerge.

Just now, yarddog73 said:

I'd still like to see a midfielder on the books.....

How has Peck played so far? Could he be the sort of player we need once in form? Could see a similar situation to McAlmont who took a good few games before he was up to speed.

8 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

How has Peck played so far? Could he be the sort of player we need once in form? Could see a similar situation to McAlmont who took a good few games before he was up to speed.

I thought he was poor against Barnet but started quite brightly against Solihull but did fade as the game went on. Didn't see the Maidstone or Boreham Wood games...

2 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I thought he was poor against Barnet but started quite brightly against Solihull but did fade as the game went on. Didn't see the Maidstone or Boreham Wood games...

Roy gave him man of the match at Boreham Wood....

3 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I saw both the Maidstone and Boreham Wood games. Thought he played well in both games. He's heads up, his passes go where intended most often and he has positive intent. We improved significantly on Tuesday when he dropped back in place of Gardner and Rooney came on. Might expect that change to continue on Sunday, if it's on.

For me he's a very good footballer given his age, would ve keen to keep him for the season.

We’re crying out for someone like Ousmane Fane, legs to get about the pitch, the ability to tackle and to win back the ball.

Desperately need an attack minded right back so the fullbacks can give us width.

Unsworth isn’t going anywhere obviously but if he doesn’t have those positions on his radar then we’re screwed regardless of how many strikers we sign

He (Peck) put the pass through for Tollitts goal at Borehamwood. In first half only Chapman turned up in the midfield, Gardner and Peck weren't at it, second half as others have said Gardner came off for Rooney, played Rooney in behind Striker and looked good. We did have more of the ball as the game went on, which meant Peck looked better, not convinced with him defensively, as Unsworth digged out Vaughn for same failings at Accrington.

Archived