Signing & Player Rumours

1 hour ago, Clifford said:

Work to convince Frank this can be a rehabilitation case like Jose Baxter rather than like signing a binman Joey Barton is the key to getting him.

Our coaching staff will have connections to Jose Baxter and he’s still only 30.

If, and it’s a big if, he could get proper fit, and fancied another go at football he could light this place up and would be just the sort of player we need to run our midfield!!

Gets tin hat on!!😂

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

If, and it’s a big if, he could get proper fit, and fancied another go at football he could light this place up and would be just the sort of player we need to run our midfield!!

Gets tin hat on!!😂

Our midfield is that bad I'm sure Ebbrell would probably improve it if he turned up with his boots.

48 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Gets tin hat on!!😂

He was at the game yesterday...

Very mpressed with the Welsh club lad today, played wide right, big, strong, pacy, direct, very good in the air, excellent low crosses,  scored 2 (11 this season) and 2 assists in the first half then subbed after an hour in preparation for a big game next up.

He will certainly be followed up.

13 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

Don't know if this has been said already but BERRY hat trick today. Surely worth getting?

Berry on the left and the lad mentioned above on the right would tear any NL team to shreds.

4 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Very mpressed with the Welsh club lad today, played wide right, big, strong, pacy, direct, very good in the air, excellent low crosses,  scored 2 (11 this season) and 2 assists in the first half then subbed after an hour in preparation for a big game next up.

He will certainly be followed up.

If it's who I think it is, he's not young though is he? Pretty badly affected by injuries too.

At Mossley today Bailey Marsden looked excellent again, unfortunately came off at half time injured.

Decembeplayer of the month again worth looking into this kid !r 

35 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

If it's who I think it is, he's not young though is he? Pretty badly affected by injuries too.

Wrong one, he's young, never missed a game with injuries and super fit.

A bigger, but lesser league version of Kyle Walker I'd say.

You don't see many wingers scoring 2 goals with powerful headers from corner kicks at any level like he did today though.

He was taken off as he's needed for a big match we are following up on. 

18 minutes ago, joey76 said:

At Mossley today Bailey Marsden looked excellent again, unfortunately came off at half time injured.

Decembeplayer of the month again worth looking into this kid !r 

Was told he was signing a few weeks ago!!!

I`ve just viewed our non league Table and it's very hard to stomach that we have sunk so low after all the excitement of the takeover. Add in that some are now getting giddy about the prospect of signing some non-league "prospects" here as if they are the new Ronaldo or something. We really do have to set our sights higher or we'll be stuck down here for a very long time. Frank - it's time to stop being nice; this is a multi-million pound business and you must now be seriously questioning some of your employees (apologies if Frank is too ill to address such issues, in which case other family members will have to step up to the mark).

8 hours ago, wiseowl said:

I`ve just viewed our non league Table and it's very hard to stomach that we have sunk so low after all the excitement of the takeover. Add in that some are now getting giddy about the prospect of signing some non-league "prospects" here as if they are the new Ronaldo or something. We really do have to set our sights higher or we'll be stuck down here for a very long time. Frank - it's time to stop being nice; this is a multi-million pound business and you must now be seriously questioning some of your employees (apologies if Frank is too ill to address such issues, in which case other family members will have to step up to the mark).

Don't worry about the league table or how poor the team is or that the manager is almost as bad at bullshitting as he is managing - just join the cult instead and bask in all the AMAZING stuff that's going on off the pitch (so AMAZING nobody can explain what any of it is).

8 hours ago, wiseowl said:

We are not Wrexham, with high-profile owners and bags of cash lying under the table...plus, the prospect of promotion is a long way off, unlike our illustrious Welsh neighbours. I would say attempting to bring in quality non-league players makes a lot of sense. Obviously, the major obstacle is Unsworth and his seemingly innate capability to coach the quality out of these players, our recent acquisitions being a prime example.

He has to go.

9 hours ago, wiseowl said:

The criteria is always are new signings better than what you have got, irrespective of where they come from.

I'm looking for young exciting, dynamic players who will eventually play in the EFL. I've seen several already who fit the bill well documented on here. They are excellent players now and the 'prospects' aspect applies on how high they go in their careers.

IMO very high.

Others opinions may differ though and all I can do is make recommendations to be followed up, and of course other clubs may want them too.

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

The criteria is always are new signings better than what you have got, irrespective of where they come from.

I'm looking for young exciting, dynamic players who will eventually play in the EFL. I've seen several already who fit the bill well documented on here. They are excellent players now and the 'prospects' aspect applies on how high they go in their careers.

IMO very high.

Others opinions may differ though and all I can do is make recommendations to be followed up, and of course other clubs may want them too.

ironically our recent level drops could work in (y)our favour IMO.

the players you were seeing you don't know their off field mental attributes and they could hardly ever make the six divisional jump asked. well, not first go anyway. some eventually did and our percieved car crash with them was what instilled the required backbone.

granted its a smaller jump now in terms of ability (not as much as a few years ago tho) and l wouldnt be surprised if this became a fifth pro league. 

however, the pressure level playing here is similar to Roma or something so there is that. online anyway!!

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

ironically our recent level drops could work in (y)our favour IMO.

the players you were seeing you don't know their off field mental attributes and they could hardly ever make the six divisional jump asked. well, not first go anyway. some eventually did and our percieved car crash with them was what instilled the required backbone.

granted its a smaller jump now in terms of ability (not as much as a few years ago tho) and l wouldnt be surprised if this became a fifth pro league. 

however, the pressure level playing here is similar to Roma or something so there is that. online anyway!!

If Berry couldnt walk into this or last seasons team I'd give up Monty. 

Archived