Signing & Player Rumours

59 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

He's far better than what we have got, but I agree it's a big risk considering his most recent misdemeanor. There are better long term prospects out there from what I've seen though for less money.

If he was far better than what we have he'd not be playing in non league again next season, which he will now.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Clifford said:

At which point do you think the owner is involved? Given his recent operation he'll have not been round much. Scouts, Unsworth, D Royle and then Frank for the sign off is I guess how most transfers go.

"We've sorted a deal for this lad, good player but questions over him off the field Frank" is the sort of conversation that took place from what I'm told. Decision made that the clubs budget and firstly reputation was more important. 

Lets face it he isn't even that good. Never heard of him before we were linked. 27 year old bellend playing non league. Next.

You don't half talk some shite

17 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

I’d rather have Lyden for 3 games in 10 that play any of our current midfielders, including 3 in 10 Gardner…

Mick will have him up at fives! got room for him anyway, the turnaround on % of players injured has dropped massively with the infrastructure changes

soz 'Arry 🤣

33 minutes ago, True Tic said:

Anymore word on the Lyden thing? 
just had a look on the web and apparently Pete Wild was lining him up as John Rooneys replacement at Barrow. 

Really? That would be a surprise since Lyndon is definitely a defensive midfielder and Rooney is apparently a attacking midfielder but we've yet to see anything to suggest he's good anywhere unfortunately.........

2 hours ago, samgoafc said:

Colclough confirmed at Chesterfield then hopefully the club have players of a similar quality lined up instead

Yes surprised they let that one go, really wish we'd push the boat out for Haughton, him in behind Nuttall and Fondop or Reid would be potent at this level.

34 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Yes surprised they let that one go, really wish we'd push the boat out for Haughton, him in behind Nuttall and Fondop or Reid would be potent at this level.

I'm hoping the EPL lad can come in in loan, he's quite similar to Haughton.

21 hours ago, samgoafc said:

Rumour tonight on the phone in is that Jordan Lyden is on trial - shame he’s made of biscuits

Who started that rumour? If it was Ibby then I'm taking it with a pinch of salt.

There are other people who often appear in the know, but most of them said we were signing Colclough. Their success rate is probably better than 50:50 though.

27 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Who started that rumour? If it was Ibby then I'm taking it with a pinch of salt.

There are other people who often appear in the know, but most of them said we were signing Colclough. Their success rate is probably better than 50:50 though.

Dave said it on the Phone In last night saying sources said he's on trial which is when I posted it then he asked Ibby if there was anybody else later on in the show so likely it was.

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

To be fair to those who said we had got Colclough, we had agreed a fee and wages. The owner pulled it last minute due to his character/ recent bellend behaviour.

Archived