National League Thread

On 1/29/2024 at 6:24 PM, diggleblue said:

Think ebbsfleet have sacked their manager

So new manager bounce and TV.could be bad for us.

Who is the new manager?
We could be down to eighth by the time we play them.

Results not too bad tonight. Aldershot 2 up then 3-2 down before 91st minute equaliser at Wealdstone,  who had 2 sent off late on.  Solihull pegged back in 89th min in 1-1 home to Dagenham. 

18 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Josh Kelly has left Solihull Moors to join Wimbledon. One of their better players IMO.

Posted same on t'other thread, Frankly. Agree he's done well for them and will be a big miss. Will they want Reid back?

• Like 1

Solihull v Altrincham today. A draw would be nice in that one. Barnet and Bromley both have winnable home games though so hoping for a slip up from at least one of them otherwise a bit of added pressure when we kick off. 

6 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Chesterfield are 19 points clear at the top. 

This time last year they were 1 game into a 9 match winless run in the league. 

I think they're on course to trump the points tally of Wrexham last season. Very little has been mentioned of that in mainstream media.

They're a good blueprint for us if truth be told. 

• Like 1

Just now, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

I think they're on course to trump the points tally of Wrexham last season. Very little has been mentioned of that in mainstream media.

They're a good blueprint for us if truth be told. 

Yep. Cook got the job in Feb 2022. So he had the end of that season, then the whole of 22/23 and got to the play off final (despite that massive blip of form). Now this season he’s got them dominating. 110 games in charge. 

Mellon has had 18 games. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Yep. Cook got the job in Feb 2022. So he had the end of that season, then the whole of 22/23 and got to the play off final (despite that massive blip of form). Now this season he’s got them dominating. 110 games in charge. 

Mellon has had 18 games. 

I'm sure Chesterfield had their share of cranks when they went on that massive blip of form last season.

• Like 1

I hate this league. I hate being shit in this league. I hated being League 2. Thought it was shit compared to League 1. We were shit in League 2. I thought League 1 was pretty shit but it was actually ok. No matter what League we are in, I always think we have half decent players, but they’re not. They’re always just shit. Until they leave us like Callum Whelan or Ollie Banks. Then they look decent. Hate football. It’s shit. If we get to the play off final and win it I will love football. 

• Like 2