National League Thread

We've had these threads in League 1 & 2 and I couldn't find one for our latest level.

Nine matches happening tonight and we could start November in the Bottom Four! 

At the top it seems it's a clear battle between County and Wrexham for the title while the play-offs are still anyone's game.

8 minutes ago, Mr Banks, Zone 3 said:

If the unthinkable happens and we are relegated yet again, this time I really would fancy us to bounce straight back. I can't see us going part time like Stockport did, with our resources and things hopefully continuing to improve off the pitch I think we'd have too much for NLN. 

The devastation to morale and the fan base would be irreparable, I think.
We can't let it happen again.

Meanwhile, Torquay go 5-0 up. 

l understand contingency planning and people being scarred by the past but its november. l'm not even going to look at the table until next month (never do. apart from that year we started off pretty well) and even then there will still be just under half of a year of Football left to play!

2 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

We are not going down mark my words. Even if we went with what we have now until the end of the season (which we won't) we won't go down

Bromley have equalised against County, so the tension is certainly building! 
I have to admire your optimism, though.

3 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

l understand contingency planning and people being scarred by the past but its november. l'm not even going to look at the table until next month (never do. apart from that year we started off pretty well) and even then there will still be just under half of a year of Football left to play!

16 games in, we are a third of the way through.

Points required...like now!

Our next league game will see us two in hand over many but possibly bottom four.

Player mentality cannot be weak any more.

10 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Bromley have equalised against County, so the tension is certainly building! 
I have to admire your optimism, though.

It's the 1st of November we will get stronger as the season goes on. I'm not saying everything is completely hunky dory on the pitch at all far from it their is alot of work to do, but we will get better. At some point it will click I still expect us to get better in the 2nd half of the season 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

It's the 1st of November we will get stronger as the season goes on. I'm not saying everything is completely hunky dory on the pitch at all far from it their is alot of work to do, but we will get better. At some point it will click I still expect us to get better in the 2nd half of the season 

Just ignore me, I'm in one of those fickle moods [whisky induced].
I agree on the whole, especially if Unsworth continues to strengthen the squad. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

We keep our spot in 19th. Scenes.

Scunthorpe back on the way down as Torquay make it six to jump-start their promotion push.
County held by Bromley, Hollywood Wrexham take advantage as do Chesterfield.
Hotting up at the top.

Meanwhile Latics twiddle their thumbs.

8 minutes ago, Sloshed Joe said:

How come we weren’t involved in a fixture tonight?

Rearranged our rearranged game against Borehamwood to reflect the fixture congestion.

The fact that we have since had to move 2 other midweek games as we are now playing on the Sunday before, probably means we will have fixture congestion elsewhere.

11 hours ago, Wardie said:

Scunthorpe back on the way down as Torquay make it six to jump-start their promotion push.
County held by Bromley, Hollywood Wrexham take advantage as do Chesterfield.
Hotting up at the top.

Meanwhile Latics twiddle their thumbs.

No excuse for being 'tired' on Sunday now.

46 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

So after last night's results, we still find ourselves out of the dropzone despite teams around us having played two games more (except for Gateshead who we play at home for their game in hand).

It's only a stay of execution for a week or so

Games in hand mean zilch when there's no sign of any fight