Unsworth

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

A player he dropped when on 5 goals in 8, and has been trying to offload, gets back in and scores a hat trick wearing the goalkeepers spare boots 😉😂 

Wonderful stuff 😆

“Unsworth deserves a lot of credit for Saturday”

29 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

A player he dropped when on 5 goals in 8, and has been trying to offload, gets back in and scores a hat trick wearing the goalkeepers spare boots 😉😂 

Wonderful stuff 😆

It was Unsworth who picked him. And picked him despite him having an obscenely bad game against Notts County. The manager deserves credit for a bold decision...

42 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

It was Unsworth who picked him. And picked him despite him having an obscenely bad game against Notts County. The manager deserves credit for a bold decision...

I for one thought Fondop should have been a sub on Saturday.

So well done the manager and Fondop, credit when its due.

• Like 2

The idea that dropping Fondop was a disgrace earlier in his reign is laughable. The lad needed oxygen tanks to get into a trot passed 60 mins (still does actually) and i only recall him playing well in the glorious Wrexham home game.

Unsworth has done well recently. Worked a plan out for Notts County after a quick turnaround. Bit of luck we win that late. Worked out a very good plan for Dorking Working Mens.

You'd think Reid was the next Romario the way people reacted to Saturdays line up. 

20 minutes ago, Clifford said:

The idea that dropping Fondop was a disgrace earlier in his reign is laughable.

Not really.

Fondop's form was good (5 in 8 as said) despite the teams poor form.

The teams already poor form then somehow got even poorer 

Edited by HarryBosch

1 hour ago, Clifford said:

Unsworth has done well recently. Worked a plan out for Notts County after a quick turnaround. Bit of luck we win that late. Worked out a very good plan for Dorking Working Mens.

Really, or did he stumble upon it by accident?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, frizzell54 said:

Really, or did he stumble upon it by accident?

Do you think he picks the team and formation at 2pm or works on it all week? He needs credit where it is due.

Do we have people so ignorant to what their eyes see that they won't at least adjust their opinion on things? Very Brexit.

On 1/9/2023 at 4:52 PM, Clifford said:

Do you think he picks the team and formation at 2pm or works on it all week? He needs credit where it is due.

Do we have people so ignorant to what their eyes see that they won't at least adjust their opinion on things? Very Brexit.

Just using DU’s own words after County match.

Where’s your sense of humour 😀😀😀😀

seeing as we are cutting him some slack, l'm concerned by our lack of central midfielders. l expected him to whip out a mega january signing present thing.

tbh l expected Alfie McAllamont but l now realise l was being overly optispecific*.
l would be prepared to accept Jose*

*lm aware this probably is not a word. 
** l would probably actually, inadvertently, do a small sex wee.

On 1/9/2023 at 4:52 PM, Clifford said:

You’re obviously a lot more lenient than I am. Does he deserve credit for finally moving away from his 5-4-1 after 16 games when it was blatantly clear it didn’t work months ago. And again does he deserve credit for setting them up in a basic 4-4-2 sitting narrow which tbf was not a tactical masterclass v country and very lucky to get a point out of. They’ve had one win v a pt team. I’ll hold judgement yet on if any credit is due on recent formation changes or team selection

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

seeing as we are cutting him some slack, l'm concerned by our lack of central midfielders. l expected him to whip out a mega january signing present thing.

tbh l expected Alfie McAllamont but l now realise l was being overly optispecific*.
l would be prepared to accept Jose*

*lm aware this probably is not a word. 
** l would probably actually, inadvertently, do a small sex wee.

Plenty of time yet. I've  I've recommend 2 possibilities, both EPL.

The Jack Byrne type is the one I'd prefer.

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

Plenty of time yet. I've  I've recommend 2 possibilities, both EPL.

The Jack Byrne type is the one I'd prefer.

Do we not need a bit of experience (30 years old, 400 career apps type) in the middle of the park as opposed to another young gun from a PL side...? 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Do we not need a bit of experience (30 years old, 400 career apps type) in the middle of the park as opposed to another young gun from a PL side...? 

These lads are really good so I've no doubts.

34 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Well we kind of got one of them in Gardner and that hasn't worked out too well. Would need to be a lot better than Gardner if we got one.

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Injuries have taken their toll I'm afraid.

In his first spell with suffered from the same judgement as Pidge did from a certain section of our fanbase - labelled as "shit", when in reality he got involved more than anyone else and didn't hide and in doing so made the odd mistake, when others around him were too scared to.

A fully fit Gardner is first name on the team-sheet in from this squad.  Unfortunately, he does seem susceptible to injuries now and can't play in the way he used to, which is a shame.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JoeP said:

In his first spell with suffered from the same judgement as Pidge did from a certain section of our fanbase - labelled as "shit", when in reality he got involved more than anyone else and didn't hide and in doing so made the odd mistake, when others around him were too scared to.

A fully fit Gardner is first name on the team-sheet in from this squad.  Unfortunately, he does seem susceptible to injuries now and can't play in the way he used to, which is a shame.

"Pidge" was shit more than he was decent for us, his sending off and subsequent renaissance for Stevenage establish him firmly as a pony tailed cunt

Gardner was average first time, and past it now

Release him