Unsworth

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Wasn't it around this time last year that we were urged to forget everything that had gone on before and get behind the team? Or does it only apply when you have a manager you like...?

Put that spoon down.

8 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Wasn't it around this time last year that we were urged to forget everything that had gone on before and get behind the team? Or does it only apply when you have a manager you like...?

You realise that Shez is gone don't you?  He can't hurt you anymore.

Not convinced by Unsworth but glad for him that he picked up a win tonight.  Win at Aldershot and we may be putting some semblance of a good run of form together.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Not convinced by Unsworth but glad for him that he picked up a win tonight.  Win at Aldershot and we may be putting some semblance of a good run of form together.

It's already a good run of form...

I've moved on pal, seems like there's many that can't.

10 points from 15 is already a semblance.

56 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

It's already a good run of form...

The Trophy is clearly not as important as the league, but it was such a bad defeat that it caused an uproar from fans demanding Unsworth's sacking, so it definitely counts.

47 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I've moved on pal, seems like there's many that can't.

😄 you clearly haven't.

48 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

10 points from 15 is already a semblance.

With two poor Trophy performances after the last two wins, it's patchy form at best.  This happy-clapping mindset is what keeps our club in the such a bad place, the fanbase needs to raise our expectations of what "good" is.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

The Trophy is clearly not as important as the league, but it was such a bad defeat that it caused an uproar from fans demanding Unsworth's sacking, so it definitely counts.

😄 you clearly haven't.

With two poor Trophy performances after the last two wins, it's patchy form at best.  This happy-clapping mindset is what keeps our club in the such a bad place, the fanbase needs to raise our expectations of what "good" is.

The Trophy obviously wasn't a priority. Sounds like they were disappointing performances and results but the League is a priority and we are getting decent results in that recently (I won't say performing well cos that bored me to tears last night)...

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

The Trophy obviously wasn't a priority. Sounds like they were disappointing performances and results but the League is a priority and we are getting decent results in that recently (I won't say performing well cos that bored me to tears last night)...

Every competition should really be treated with importance, if only to maintain a winning mentality and the satisfaction of the fanbase. I thought the game was more frustrating than boring and really enjoyed watching Norman earn his wages by making two cracking saves.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

😄 you clearly haven't.

The 'accepting mediocrity' bollocks that folk love to come out with is as much to blame.

• Like 1

Well now 4 4 2 and the long ball reaps dividends.  Unsworth now with us for the rest of the season.  Main stand moaners rather quiet.  I suppose it is worth mentioning that recent the signings have improved the squad.

Everton would love the run we are on!

9 minutes ago, old codger said:

Well now 4 4 2 and the long ball reaps dividends.  Unsworth now with us for the rest of the season.  Main stand moaners rather quiet.  I suppose it is worth mentioning that recent the signings have improved the squad.

Everton would love the run we are on!

I loved Martin Samuel's quote re Everton in The Times this morning:

Everton's strategy is so inconsistent that if they queued for hours for a seat at the latest hot sushi bar they'd give up when they were two minutes from the front and nip off for a steak and kidney pie.

19 hours ago, Boyyou said:

Find this business of the interviews amusing. DU is called a shithouse by some numpty fans, responds with a bit of shithousery and is still called a shithouse. Can't  win with some people.

This I completely agree with.  Ebbrell was always going to do the next win, I respect Unsworth for making the point.

This I completely agree with.  Ebbrell was always going to do the next win, I respect Unsworth for making the point.

Personally I think he's over thinking it a bit and I'm not really sure what point he's trying to make by sending Ebbrell out again, everyone knows he spat his dummy out and looked like a twat for fucking off post match against Gateshead, he doesn't have to drag it out any longer than necessary. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I'm not really sure what point he's trying to make by sending Ebbrell out again,

He’s making the point- that interviews are always pre planned win or lose, and he didn’t spit his dummy out. . . 

He had to send Ebrell out after winning, otherwise it further highlights the bullshit he came out with. 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Personally I think he's over thinking it a bit and I'm not really sure what point he's trying to make by sending Ebbrell out again, everyone knows he spat his dummy out and looked like a twat for fucking off post match against Gateshead, he doesn't have to drag it out any longer than necessary. 

Neither do we!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

2 hours ago, League one forever said:

He’s making the point- that interviews are always pre planned win or lose, and he didn’t spit his dummy out. . . 

He had to send Ebrell out after winning, otherwise it further highlights the bullshit he came out with. 

I think his sending Ebbrell out again was the perfect riposte 👍

19 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I think his sending Ebbrell out again was the perfect riposte 👍

I saw you post similar the other day, why is it perfect, and what is it a riposte to? 

It’s a blatant arse covering exercise of his own making. 

He spat his dummy out - desperately tried to spin it, then sent ebrell out to cover the spin. 

I absolutely guarantee if we had lost on Tuesday Unsworth would have done the presser. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I saw you post similar the other day, why is it perfect, and what is it a riposte to? 

It’s a blatant arse covering exercise of his own making. 

He spat his dummy out - desperately tried to spin it, then sent ebrell out to cover the spin. 

I absolutely guarantee if we had lost on Tuesday Unsworth would have done the presser. 

Seriously time to move on.  We won!  Hands up who's never done anything stupid.

8 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Seriously time to move on.  We won!  Hands up who's never done anything stupid.

It’s a thread on Unsworth Dave. . there is another thread to celebrate Tuesday. 

I’m not overly arsed he stormed off, (still don’t think it’s great leadership) but shit happens. But just own it- and  don’t gaslight the fans and make out it’s them overreacting when is was an issue of his own making. He’s compounded something fairly trivial, by making it more than it was. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

It’s a thread on Unsworth Dave. . there is another thread to celebrate Tuesday. 

I’m not overly arsed he stormed off, (still don’t think it’s great leadership) but shit happens. But just own it- and  don’t gaslight the fans and make out it’s them overreacting when is was an issue of his own making. He’s compounded something fairly trivial, by making it more than it was. 

Hang on a minute - an OWTB thread staying on subject??  World's gone mad!!

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, League one forever said:

@League one foreverMy last word on the subject and then, as @Dave_Ogpoints out, it’s time to move on.

I’ll respond to your questions in reverse order:

2. It’s a riposte to all those who called him out for sending Ebbrell in his stead only when we lose…

1. it’s perfect because it’s a riposte to all those who called him out for sending Ebbrell in his stead only when we lose…

😎

1 minute ago, TheBigDog said:

@League one foreverMy last word on the subject and then, as @Dave_Ogpoints out, it’s time to move on.

I’ll respond to your questions in reverse order:

2. It’s a riposte to all those who called him out for sending Ebbrell in his stead only when we lose…

1. it’s perfect because it’s a riposte to all those who called him out for sending Ebbrell in his stead only when we lose…

😎

Fair enough. 

Which must mean you believe every word he says, the press are always made to wait- Despite this never happening before. People looking though the window and seeing his car had gone is perfectly normal. The shocked look on Ebrel’s face and inability to construct a coherent sentence when asked - where’s the gaffer, was because he was suppressing a fart. 

I’m also enjoying yourself and others commenting on it- and when challenged on your view, saying move on. 😂😂

I’ve got same thing to say on this thread.

Really? I disagree.

Whatever - move on.

Great chat. 

• Like 1