Unsworth

9 hours ago, Midsblue said:

A wins a win but Tuesday was an unconvincing win.  

Granted it’s baby steps and the signing of both Yarney and Shelton is moving us in the right direction.

I would say majority of fans are still wanting DU gone and only a winning streak and surge up the table will change the opinions of most.

For me the front two still look like strangers rather than a partnership.  We’re too narrow with most play through middle resulting in hoof ball.  Most want a RW as Oldham fans were brought up on a team with wingers & width but if that was in DUs plan then he would have sorted that out but hasn’t.

I crave for the zinging, fast-paced attacking play where we played pressing football, played it out wide & created chances aplenty for the front two.  Yes, I want us to win but I want exciting, attractive and attacking play.  Tuesday was more dross than gloss with only Dorking A being anything reminiscent of the Oldham I grew up with.  I want us to unearth the next creative maestro in the middle of the park, the next Holden, Eyres etc on the flank & a new Stitch up front.  I love the history… it’s 10 years to the day we beat Liverpool… I just want this team to create new memories…

Do I see it happening under DU?  Nope.  I guess though we just appreciate that if we get the wins, secure safety, perhaps knock briefly on the door of playoffs then fingers crossed we see a step up next season with a genuine assault on the title.  It’s just not exciting & not mirroring the great work off the pitch.  All credit to DU if he pulls this off but I’ll still be thinking… what if….

We won but it wasn't a good enough win. Jesus wept

9 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Said this the other day, split them up and pair up with Abraham and Reid.

Play one pair to start and bring the other pair on at 60 minutes if they're not doing the business.

Makes sense, let's see what happens when Reid is fit again but I don't think he will put the two on the bench together.

9 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Our striker is shit. All he does is score goals...

Can’t rely on a worldy every week. There was a slight improvement 2nd half but overall the contribution from the front two was piss poor.

They need to up their work rate and movement 100%. I’m sorry, but half hearted challenges and general laziness is totally unacceptable!!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Can’t rely on a worldy every week. There was a slight improvement 2nd half but overall the contribution from the front two was piss poor.

They need to up their work rate and movement 100%. I’m sorry, but half hearted challenges and general laziness is totally unacceptable!!

He can sit on a bucket by the corner flag for 89 mins if he continues his goals to game ratio

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

He can sit on a bucket by the corner flag for 89 mins if he continues his goals to game ratio

He's no fucking Haaland though is he, it would of been a tough one pulling him after his goal but it still would of been the right decision, they wouldn't of enjoyed the pace of Abraham the last half hour today and thought it weird he didn't get used today.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Oldham fan not happy with someone scoring goals because he doesnt run around enough. Shock

Apart from his worldie, Fondop was extremely poor today. Slow off the mark, continually failing to keep hold of the ball and for most of the game looked disinterested. I’m fact, both he and Nuttall were bang average and either one/both should have been hauled off at the hour mark.

34 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Apart from his worldie, Fondop was extremely poor today. Slow off the mark, continually failing to keep hold of the ball and for most of the game looked disinterested. I’m fact, both he and Nuttall were bang average and either one/both should have been hauled off at the hour mark.

But Fondop scored so who cares?

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

51 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

But Fondop scored so who cares?

BD is right, they were both poor today. But I also agree with fluff-  if a striker scores his performance becomes moot, because that’s ultimately what he’s in the side for. 

In Summary.

Nuttal was poor. 

Fondop did his job. 

• Like 1

But they were good in training. Unsworth has to go. He's cluless. Any other manager would have brought on Abrahams in the second half today and gone for the win. Instead he was happy with a point against bloody aldershot. Tactically this man is inept. Please Frank,Darren and Joe get us a decent manager.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Was said to have a niggle that wouldn't keep him out too long so expecting him to be available next weekend.

It is strange he didn't introduce Abraham into the fray, certainly he would have given Aldershot a fresh problem to deal with. Either of the front two could have gone off, I really do not think they are a working partnership.

It wouldn't surprise me if Reid didn't even make the bench next weekend.

43 minutes ago, Wardie said:

It is strange he didn't introduce Abraham into the fray, certainly he would have given Aldershot a fresh problem to deal with. Either of the front two could have gone off, I really do not think they are a working partnership.

It wouldn't surprise me if Reid didn't even make the bench next weekend.

They certainly don’t complement one another. I may be totally wrong but I can’t  even remember them passing to each other in the whole 90 minutes!