Unsworth

18 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

It's a forum. Surely people can post about what they've heard from a mate etc without scrutiny. It's not as if it has been posted as gospel.

'Forum' - meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

"we hope these pages act as a forum for debate".

'Scrutiny' - critical observation or examination.

That's what a forum should do isn't it? We know it could all be bollocks but sometimes there's no smoke without fire........

Edited by IanMarshall's Mullet
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, IanMarshall's Mullet said:

'Forum' - meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

"we hope these pages act as a forum for debate".

'Scrutiny' - critical observation or examination.

That's what a forum should do isn't it? We know it could all be bollocks but sometimes there's no smoke without fire........

And some of the bollocks stories have been some of the funniest in the 15+ years I've been on this site.

• Like 2

Just now, longtimeblue said:

And some of the bollocks stories have been some of the funniest in the 15+ years I've been on this site.

It’s laughable how these rumours gain traction - for some the truth is irrelevant, it’s all about what they want to believe 😮

• Like 1

Just now, TheBigDog said:

It’s laughable how these rumours gain traction - for some the truth is irrelevant, it’s all about what they want to believe 😮

yep. its gone from a political tactic quietly effecting the planet and denying climate change. to a widely used social engineering tactic deployed by narcissists round every corner, in the time its taken climate change to actually start setting parts of the planet on fire.

fuelled by social media. its such a nightmare to pin trurh down these days.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

I remember being convinced we'd become Spurs' feeder Club at one point.

That's the trouble with social media. In the 'good old days' all we knew was what Bob Young told us in the Chronicle once a week and that was generally factual stuff that the club or a player had told them. Nowadays everyone expects and demands to know everything including the inside of a ducks arse and as a consequence some of it is fake news or not factually correct.

Ignorance was bliss and what you didn't know about you didn't worry about..........

Edited by IanMarshall's Mullet

4 minutes ago, IanMarshall's Mullet said:

That's the trouble with social media. In the 'good old days' all we knew was what Bob Young told us in the Chronicle once a week and that was generally factual stuff that the club or a player had told them. Nowadays everyone expects and demands to know everything including the inside of a ducks arse and as a consequence some of it is fake news or not factually correct.

Ignorance was bliss and what you didn't know about you didn't worry about..........

there is an increased accountabilty flipside to this argument and one about increased 'peer reviewing'.  l also don't wana sound like it was better in the olde days. but yes l'm with you.

35 minutes ago, IanMarshall's Mullet said:

And the sad thing is that, if there is an element of truth out there, it gets submerged in the feeding frenzy. 

Hopefully, somewhere down the line, the facts will emerge - until then I’m focussing on the first home game - top of the league versus bottom of the league… 😉

Has anybody actually heard anything from Unsworth or the club about Saturdays embarrassing debacle?

I won't even consider Ebrells post mstch comments as they were as pathetic and piss poor as the performance...

I'd be offering to reimburse those who traveled with their ticket money at least, and would like to hear from Rhino himself what his thoughts were of his set up, our sharpness or lack of it, and having only 30 odd percent possession when we were apparently starting on the front foot.

But I'd wager a few quid on him sidestepping any difficult questions, talking in bollocks and riddles and not taking any of the responsibility himself.

9 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Has anybody actually heard anything from Unsworth or the club about Saturdays embarrassing debacle?

I won't even consider Ebrells post mstch comments as they were as pathetic and piss poor as the performance...

I'd be offering to reimburse those who traveled with their ticket money at least, and would like to hear from Rhino himself what his thoughts were of his set up, our sharpness or lack of it, and having only 30 odd percent possession when we were apparently starting on the front foot.

But I'd wager a few quid on him sidestepping any difficult questions, talking in bollocks and riddles and not taking any of the responsibility himself.

The post match interview was quite telling and showed me why those players feel they can just turn up and cruise, Ebbrell had nothing about him and although the man is a well respected coach it is obvious his role is nothing more than Unsworths yes man, he isn't going to motivate and his answers to some of the questions posed were really rather worrying. 

19 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

We won’t hear from DU until his pre match interview. At which he will be asked about the result and he will say something along the lines of it’s been and gone and then have to look forward, his usual rubbish. 

Spent just shy of £200 that day to watch that crap. My first and last trains cancelled to make the trip even longer, and was stood shell shocked after 5 minutes from kick off. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Londonboy said:

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

The post match interview was quite telling and showed me why those players feel they can just turn up and cruise, Ebbrell had nothing about him and although the man is a well respected coach it is obvious his role is nothing more than Unsworths yes man, he isn't going to motivate and his answers to some of the questions posed were really rather worrying. 

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

We won’t hear from DU until his pre match interview. At which he will be asked about the result and he will say something along the lines of it’s been and gone and then have to look forward, his usual rubbish. 

Spent just shy of £200 that day to watch that crap. My first and last trains cancelled to make the trip even longer, and was stood shell shocked after 5 minutes from kick off. 

To be fair to Unsworth, you couldn't pay me enough money to be that close to someone known to recently have COVID-19 for a quick 5 minute interview for a football club's media content.

11 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

To be fair to Unsworth, you couldn't pay me enough money to be that close to someone known to recently have COVID-19 for a quick 5 minute interview for a football club's media content.

True but if you're out and about at the minute you will no doubt be in close proximity to someone who has Covid, we have a couple in the office with it at work (still working by the way) and no doubt public transport, pubs and other public places and gatherings will be rife with people carrying it, I understand Unsworth being away from the club for a week to prevent him passing it on but unless we are testing everyone every day it could be in and around the club anyway.

9 hours ago, longtimeblue said:

It's a forum. Surely people can post about what they've heard from a mate etc without scrutiny. It's not as if it has been posted as gospel.

Free world. I don't mind rumour as I don't mind verifiable fact.

Yet its important to except the two are dealt with differently. You'd be surprised how often that's not the case. 

Should it be true, then its true as Clarke see's it and again taken in that context. 

Nothing to do with scrutiny. 

Edited by Lags
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lags said:

Free world. I don't mind rumour as I don't mind verifiable fact.

Yet its important to except the two are dealt with differently. You'd be surprised how often that's not the case. 

Should it be true, then its true as Clarke see's it and again taken in that context. 

Nothing to do with scrutiny. 

We've been exposed to so much nonsense since ALMO

we don't know what to believe but nothing ever seems to be off bounds as far as Latics are concerned.

We just know that right now, something isn't quite right, I think we can all agree on that.

3 hours ago, Londonboy said:

Who will reimburse that cost? We're not premier league. It all looks well and good when they do it at that level cos that's one players weekly wage. Bit different

4 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Erm Zoom, MS Teams, and a host of other video services available to him or indeed a pre recorded message to the fans would suffice.

2 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Who will reimburse that cost? We're not premier league. It all looks well and good when they do it at that level cos that's one players weekly wage. Bit different

Shouldn't matter. Shit embarrassing performance of the highest order. Fans let down abysmally.

So yes the club should stump up. 

We can pay all.Unsworths cast offs every week for doing not very much at the moment it seems.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Londonboy said:

Shouldn't matter. Shit embarrassing performance of the highest order. Fans let down abysmally.

So yes the club should stump up. 

We can pay all.Unsworths cast offs every week for doing not very much at the moment it seems.

No, the club shouldn't stump up. Next