Unsworth

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

Oh, and he’s changed his mind from just needing 3 players when he was on the Pod to now saying he wants more players to get the squad to look like how he wants it. Oh this man. He never fails to disappoint. What a helmet.  

I think he’s signed 16 players since he came to the club that are in this season’s squad and there are only 10 or so left from the squad he inherited, quite a turnover.

After initially saying he wanted 5 more in for the start he’s signed 8 and listening to his comments he wants one or two more.

If I was Frank I would put a hold on any more recruits until the injured players are back and he’s worked out how to utilise those he’s brought in already.

For me there has been no improvement in performances at all and Frank must be beginning to think he’s pouring money down the drain!

I think the outcome of the next two home games are crucial and losing them both would surely leave the board with little choice!

24 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

I would ask if you think his assessment up until the sending off was correct, but you didn’t even go. Let me tell you, every single fan in that stand was shell shocked from about 5 mins in. It never improved, we had a half chance here and there, but Southend absolutely spanked us. For him not to recognise that, is absolutely taking this piss. 

Said it before but we are on rocky ground if you have to attend a match in order to air an opinion.

I wouldn't necessarily agree with his interpretation in this instance but that isn’t really the point I'm making.

Just now, deyres42 said:

No trophy but the results are there for all to see despite some seeking to pretend they didn't happen.

There was an upturn in performances last season, no doubt. When the pressure was off. But people are entitled to have concerns after last weeks performance. It wasn't just a hiccup, it was one of the most pathetic displays I've seen from any Oldham side. A lot of people, myself included, are doubtful he can take us to the next level. With the Norwood signing, automatic promotion should be the aim.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Said it before but we are on rocky ground if you have to attend a match in order to air an opinion.

I wouldn't necessarily agree with his interpretation in this instance but that isn’t really the point I'm making.

So I have pointed out his incorrect assessment, you have said people will bite back at anything his says, and then you say you don’t agree with his assessment ? - what? So you disagree with yourself ? 

I don’t care you don’t go to games. I was pointing out that 600+ of us who did, stood in shell shock from the 5th minute in and never felt we were in the game, the atmosphere didn’t change in the 60th minute during the sending off. - To be honest, we had a 5 min spell after the sending off which is the period we looked our best ! Makes his assessment even more strange. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

I think he’s signed 16 players since he came to the club that are in this season’s squad and there are only 10 or so left from the squad he inherited, quite a turnover.

After initially saying he wanted 5 more in for the start he’s signed 8 and listening to his comments he wants one or two more.

If I was Frank I would put a hold on any more recruits until the injured players are back and he’s worked out how to utilise those he’s brought in already.

For me there has been no improvement in performances at all and Frank must be beginning to think he’s pouring money down the drain!

I think the outcome of the next two home games are crucial and losing them both would surely leave the board with little choice!

Exactly he’s signed a whole new squad and the performance is the same as Bromley (A). Started this year with 5 at the back despite him saying he only played that formation as he didn’t trust our defence and we needed to be more solid. Literally nothing has changed. Admittedly he signed better quality players thanks to Frank and Co, but in terms of tactics (if we have any) nothings changed and it’s the quality of the better players which dragged him through to scrape results. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

So I have pointed out his incorrect assessment, you have said people will bite back at anything his says, and then you say you don’t agree with his assessment ? - what? So you disagree with yourself ? 

I don’t care you don’t go to games. I was pointing out that 600+ of us who did, stood in shell shock from the 5th minute in and never felt we were in the game, the atmosphere didn’t change in the 60th minute during the sending off. - To be honest, we had a 5 min spell after the sending off which is the period we looked our best ! Makes his assessment even more strange. 

Incorrect in your opinion, he's entitled to see it differently if he wishes.

Anyway that will do for today, I'm going to the match so my opinions will have some merit this week.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

Incorrect in your opinion, he's entitled to see it differently if he wishes.

He's entitled to, doesn't mean he isn't incorrect. 

I could say dinosaurs live on the moon, just because it's my opinion doesn't make it any less mental.

Edited by Guy Branston Pickle

12 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

There was an upturn in performances last season, no doubt. When the pressure was off. But people are entitled to have concerns after last weeks performance. It wasn't just a hiccup, it was one of the most pathetic displays I've seen from any Oldham side. A lot of people, myself included, are doubtful he can take us to the next level. With the Norwood signing, automatic promotion should be the aim.

If the performance had come later in the season then fair enough, it might be cause for alarm. First game of the season, freaky things can happen.

One thing is for sure, he can’t afford for there to be many more of them.

56 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

He's entitled to, doesn't mean he isn't incorrect. 

I could say dinosaurs live on the moon, just because it's my opinion doesn't make it any less mental.

Off topic a tad, but it's no more mental than the notion that man ever stepped foot on there...

55 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

If the performance had come later in the season then fair enough, it might be cause for alarm. First game of the season, freaky things can happen.

One thing is for sure, he can’t afford for there to be many more of them.

The performances his team consistently put in, added to the bullshit that consistently comes from his mouth, do not make for a good combination...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

I want him to succeed by the way, I'm still pissed off about last weeks result and his comments haven't helped. But a couple of positive performances and I'll be behind him. I just can't help having reservations about him at this point.

I don’t actually dislike him, but I dislike the way we play under him. I just don’t think it’s necessary at all. 

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

No trophy but the results are there for all to see despite some seeking to pretend they didn't happen.

We on about last Saturday here?, it's a new season. We haven't started off on +20 because we won a few dead rubbers at the back end of last season, we're a winning machine in case you haven't heard.

3 minutes ago, True Tic said:

I don’t actually dislike him, but I dislike the way we play under him. I just don’t think it’s necessary at all. 

Yep. Ultimately football is an entertainment sport, we want to enjoy it to a degree. Even when we're winning it's really hard to get behind his brand of football. Especially with the quality of player they've brought in this summer

1 hour ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

I want him to succeed by the way, I'm still pissed off about last weeks result and his comments haven't helped. But a couple of positive performances and I'll be behind him. I just can't help having reservations about him at this point.

Just how I've felt,

Nothing has changed, still stuck in reverse and with better quality players,

Even if he had city's first team at his disposal, he'd still fall short, maybe football management isn't his forte.

2 hours ago, deyres42 said:

sometimes one gets a better reading watching on tv

also if you watch the official southend highlights and add in Norwoods early chance then it was even on stats until Wills harsh red.

but l dont wana watch us get run over like that ever again.

Opinions on games are infinitely more valuable when they come from people who were there .

The modern notion that everyone's opinion is equally valid and valuable is utter, utter bollocks.

Most conspiracy theories are even bigger bollocks.

There were some seriously weird results last weekend. Hands up who thought Wrexham and Notts County would both concede five and Barnsley would score seven having lost a striker that most of their fans wanted to keep.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Stand by this. That was great today, despite his interview yesterday he's clearly learnt lessons from last week. That's all I ask. That was a shape that suited the players we have, and players who knew their jobs. A million miles from last week. Long may it continue!

• Like 1

I quite like Unsworth the man.  I also quite liked the side he put out yesterday and how they entertained me. 

Same Tuesday and next Saturday then the mood music will be completely different.  The downside will be less to read on here.