Surplus players

39 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

that touch for Abrahamsssssss tho

I'm in the Fondop fan club too. Has led the line brilliantly in some of the away games I've seen, you could tell on Sunday that the Torquay players were terrified of him. We generally lack physicality as a side in a very physical league, Fondop is one of the few players we have that brings that. I excuse the misses on Sunday because, well 1. I love him to bits but, more objectively, 2. He was rusty after an injury absence and he still made an impact and got an assist.

Unless Willoughby is an upgrade on Fondop and offers something different to Nuttall and Reid it would be a BIG mistake to get rid of Magic Mikey, great option to have in the squad.   

1 hour ago, Hemel latic said:

I'm in the Fondop fan club too. Has led the line brilliantly in some of the away games I've seen, you could tell on Sunday that the Torquay players were terrified of him. We generally lack physicality as a side in a very physical league, Fondop is one of the few players we have that brings that. I excuse the misses on Sunday because, well 1. I love him to bits but, more objectively, 2. He was rusty after an injury absence and he still made an impact and got an assist.

Unless Willoughby is an upgrade on Fondop and offers something different to Nuttall and Reid it would be a BIG mistake to get rid of Magic Mikey, great option to have in the squad.   

Add in the fact he’s produced his best goal scoring return this season. Which coincides with a run in the side before his injury. 

17 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Add in the fact he’s produced his best goal scoring return this season. Which coincides with a run in the side before his injury. 

Hmmm. Two of those goals were against opposition from a lower division and I'm still convinced the one credited to him against Eastleigh was an O.G. 

Personally, I think he's absolutely crap and if the manager is looking to replace him, then it reassures me he might have a slight idea of what he's doing...

Just now, Lee Sinnott said:

Hmmm. Two of those goals were against opposition from a lower division and I'm still convinced the one credited to him against Eastleigh was an O.G. 

Personally, I think he's absolutely crap and if the manager is looking to replace him, then it reassures me he might have a slight idea of what he's doing...

But yes, I know. A goal is a goal whether it's against Man United or the Buck and Union...

fondop doesnt make many runs off the ball. willoughby and nuttall do more of that, whilst holding the ball up. play to fondops strengths he is a handful but if you have peck in the team then off the ball runs should produce more goal chances.

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Darren Royle is doing a Twitter Q & A with Suzanne from the Times and has just said there are no plans to sell or transfer Hallam Hope 

Reasonably illuminating.  Fancy that; directors communicating with the fans.

36 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I was pulled up for being the spelling police by @LightDN123 but that wasn’t the point. People genuinely think that that’s his name. The podcast guy calls him that for example. I wouldn’t correct a typo 

Isn't it just the collective noun for Tammy and Timmy?

5 hours ago, ShireBlue said:

He’s done ok Fondop, but I’d expect Nuttall to be the better player in his role.

Fondop's goals to games ratio for us must be pretty decent.  He'd be one of the last I'd try to shift on, if I'm honest..

Unless injuries are a factor?

12 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Fondop's goals to games ratio for us must be pretty decent.  He'd be one of the last I'd try to shift on, if I'm honest..

injuries do piss me off but hes all action throws himself in there dunt he so.

ronaldoing on his own probs doesnt help tho

46 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Possibly. Also Nuttall has scored more in the last 2/3 years, at a higher level, and is younger.

3 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Reasonably illuminating.  Fancy that; directors communicating with the fans.

Was there anything else said on the twitter q&a? I don’t frequent that particular social media platform.

Archived