MATCH: Woking (H) 07/03/23

50 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Whilst I'm not for booing him Nuttall has been gash there is absolutely no disputing that, to say he's our best striker is frankly bollocks. 

I wouldn't boo him or sarcastically cheer his substitution, but I expect more from him, perhaps I need to lower my expectation levels. 

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, disjointed said:

What does that even mean. 

4 minutes ago, welshgaz said:

Where are you drawing this opinion from? Based on what? 

He gave a slight glimpse on Tuesday where he held the ball, got his head up and played a lovely ball out of to Kitch.

From what I have seen, which is most his games. He can hold the ball up, presses from the front, run the channels and can finish if given the opportunity. He is also good at the defending of set pieces. 
Reid and Fondop can do parts of the above and better than Nuttall. But overall I think he’s the better player. 

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

From what I have seen, which is most his games. He can hold the ball up, presses from the front, run the channels and can finish if given the opportunity. He is also good at the defending of set pieces. 
Reid and Fondop can do parts of the above and better than Nuttall. But overall I think he’s the better player. 

Thanks for clearing that up, I don't think he holds the ball up well, it seems to bounce off him, drops too deep(maybe Unsworths instructions). Runs the channels? I would say Reid does that of the 2, I will give you the defending of set pieces, infact I would go so far as to say he is better in our box than the oppositions. All about opinions eh. 

2 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Nuttall is our best striker and since coming into the side our results have picked up, that’s no coincidence in my opinion. 

Why as a set of fans we have to see players run around like headless chickens to be satisfied I’ll never know. 

I got some new lucky pants and then our results started to pick up. 

Causation and correlation. 

22 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Thanks for clearing that up, I don't think he holds the ball up well, it seems to bounce off him, drops too deep(maybe Unsworths instructions). Runs the channels? I would say Reid does that of the 2, I will give you the defending of set pieces, infact I would go so far as to say he is better in our box than the oppositions. All about opinions eh. 

When playing 442 he is the striker that sits in to fill the gap between the strikers and midfield, at his detriment probably but important for the shape of the team. 

I want him to score goals, he needs to score more than he has been doing, but he contributes a lot in other areas and it’s not like we are struggling to score goals as a team. 

30 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

When playing 442 he is the striker that sits in to fill the gap between the strikers and midfield, at his detriment probably but important for the shape of the team. 

That isn't really his job though is it, if we want someone to fill that role we need a number 10 not a slow off the mark centre forward, this suggestion that he is a target man or maybe a battering ram is just not true, his close control is painful the ball never sticks it just bounces off him, he can't win a duel with a centre half (plenty of examples of that Tuesday night when their No 5 literally had him in his pocket) he pinned him down all night and he hardly won anything, Fondop showed more aggression in a 5 minute spell and has the nous at this level to be effective, as for running the channels that's Reid's strength on the shoulder of the last man, Nuttall ended up four yards up goal side on Tuesday night 30 yards out and didn't have enough about him to get the shot away and that's why I think he needs a rest and hopefully his confidence will come back.

It's admirable that Unsworth is sticking with him, he's backing his man and fair play to him for that but I personally think he's lucky to have that and hopefully at some stage he'll repay the managers faith, for me he's still developing, I'm not trying to patronise him I just think he's more of a project than the finished article and should go on and play at an higher level but he does need to work on certain aspects of his game for sure.

3 hours ago, JoeP said:

I think it's more to do with having a more settled team and the improvement of players like Rooney and Hogan.

I haven't been overly impressed by Nuttall, but cheering when he was subbed is pretty embarrassing.

But why have players like Rooney and Hogan improved? They're not kids learning the game.

12 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

But why have players like Rooney and Hogan improved? They're not kids learning the game.

Rooney has improved because he is being played in his natural position of centre midfield. Hogan has only improved in the last game! Nuttall is just bobbins.

7 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

That isn't really his job though is it, if we want someone to fill that role we need a number 10 not a slow off the mark centre forward, this suggestion that he is a target man or maybe a battering ram is just not true, his close control is painful the ball never sticks it just bounces off him, he can't win a duel with a centre half (plenty of examples of that Tuesday night when their No 5 literally had him in his pocket) he pinned him down all night and he hardly won anything, Fondop showed more aggression in a 5 minute spell and has the nous at this level to be effective, as for running the channels that's Reid's strength on the shoulder of the last man, Nuttall ended up four yards up goal side on Tuesday night 30 yards out and didn't have enough about him to get the shot away and that's why I think he needs a rest and hopefully his confidence will come back.

It's admirable that Unsworth is sticking with him, he's backing his man and fair play to him for that but I personally think he's lucky to have that and hopefully at some stage he'll repay the managers faith, for me he's still developing, I'm not trying to patronise him I just think he's more of a project than the finished article and should go on and play at an higher level but he does need to work on certain aspects of his game for sure.

Entitled to your opinions. As long as we are winning, I don’t care. 

9 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Hit a bit of form?  The penny's finally dropped with Big Dave about how to get those two to perform?

Who knows..

3 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Maybe Rooney wasn't match fit when most on here wrote him off...

Maybe you need to stop making stuff up about ‘what most on here say’ - it’s just generalised nonsense. 

He was really poor- but was asked to firstly play out wide, then even more strangely in front of the back hour. He was shit- because he was out of position. He ‘s played centre mid since his return to the side and been great recently. 

Similar thing happened with Sheron, he did ok at centre half, but he was poor playing as a right back, he then goes to his natural position in midfield and has really steady since moving there. 

5 hours ago, League one forever said:

Maybe you need to stop making stuff up about ‘what most on here say’ - it’s just generalised nonsense. 

He was really poor- but was asked to firstly play out wide, then even more strangely in front of the back hour. He was shit- because he was out of position. He ‘s played centre mid since his return to the side and been great recently. 

Similar thing happened with Sheron, he did ok at centre half, but he was poor playing as a right back, he then goes to his natural position in midfield and has really steady since moving there. 

Loads on here wrote him off. Am I wrong?

11 hours ago, League one forever said:

Most said exactly this😁

• Bender unfeatured this topic

Archived