MATCH: Woking (H) 07/03/23

59 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Not against that. I think he's struggling, I'm just not convinced that it's because he's lazy or shit. It might be that he needs a rest, he's played a lot of games. It would also help if fans would get off his back and cut out the cheering when his number comes up on the sub board.

He got a good reception from the fans at Chesterfield, if he can't hack the fact he ain't coming up with the goods and the fans can see this, perhaps he should go and get another job. 

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although I think Nuttall has been awful, I don't think it's the wisest of decisions to boo him. I understand that booing isn't really all that hurtful or bad, but I don't think it benefits anyone. He's clearly suffering from a lack of confidence. 

The Alex Reid song sang by the Athleticos sounds decent. Caught on quite quick too. I still think some of our chants have gone far into that weird Italian/German/French ultra style though. Not sure it suits the English atmosphere. 

A bottle came from the middle/back of the Athleticos block and went onto the pitch near their Goalkeeper. What's the point? It's just thuggish behaviour. There has been occasions where these bottles have narrowly missed peoples heads. Someone is going to get seriously hurt.

I understand that people get excited when we score, especially late goals. But it just feels like some people just want to do that "limbs" thing for the sake of it. Stay off the bloody pitch.

I'm going to be honest, but I didn't enjoy that game of Football last night. Just like I haven't enjoyed most of the games this season. That's probably down to me going off Football in general. That being said, it's a superb 3 points to gain. 

Keep The Faith. :comeon:

4 minutes ago, AnthonyOAFC said:

Although I think Nuttall has been awful, I don't think it's the wisest of decisions to boo him. I understand that booing isn't really all that hurtful or bad, but I don't think it benefits anyone. He's clearly suffering from a lack of confidence. 

The Alex Reid song sang by the Athleticos sounds decent. Caught on quite quick too. I still think some of our chants have gone far into that weird Italian/German/French ultra style though. Not sure it suits the English atmosphere. 

A bottle came from the middle/back of the Athleticos block and went onto the pitch near their Goalkeeper. What's the point? It's just thuggish behaviour. There has been occasions where these bottles have narrowly missed peoples heads. Someone is going to get seriously hurt.

I understand that people get excited when we score, especially late goals. But it just feels like some people just want to do that "limbs" thing for the sake of it. Stay off the bloody pitch.

I'm going to be honest, but I didn't enjoy that game of Football last night. Just like I haven't enjoyed most of the games this season. That's probably down to me going off Football in general. That being said, it's a superb 3 points to gain. 

Keep The Faith. :comeon:

I thought I was just being grumpy, but glad someone else has said it. I don't buy for a minute that a last minute goal against Woking makes people want to jump around like lunatics and try and get on the pitch. Definitely just so they can try and get on a club video for "limbs". Clenched fist from me when the ball hit the net and I was already on my way out of the ground by the time Woking had kicked off again...

15 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I thought I was just being grumpy, but glad someone else has said it. I don't buy for a minute that a last minute goal against Woking makes people want to jump around like lunatics and try and get on the pitch. Definitely just so they can try and get on a club video for "limbs". Clenched fist from me when the ball hit the net and I was already on my way out of the ground by the time Woking had kicked off again...

Agree, and as for the bottle being thrown, what goes through these peoples minds. 

Nuttall obviously hasn't just become a bad player overnight. But he's struggling and needs a rest. Him looking to pass it when through on goal in the first half is surely a striker completely devoid of confidence.

27 minutes ago, jsslatic said:

Nuttall obviously hasn't just become a bad player overnight. But he's struggling and needs a rest. Him looking to pass it when through on goal in the first half is surely a striker completely devoid of confidence.

I'm pretty sure it's now a confidence thing, I don't get the cheering when he gets subbed but Unsworth is partly to blame because it's his job to protect the lad, at the minute nothing is happening for him and he probably needs a week off.

Problem we have is we don't really have many other options, it looks like Hope, Porter and Luamba are all out of the picture for one reason or another, Fondop is good for about half hour tops and Abraham offers less than Nuttall if we are being truthful other than being a bit of a nuisance in the last 10 against tiring defenders, if we play a 2 you can see why Unsworth persists because he's still probably our best option to play alongside Reid, maybe start Reid and Fondop and bring Nuttall on at half time after a lot of the donkey work has been done?.

I'd be in favour of protecting Nuttall and giving him a breather as I think long term he could be a player for us particularly with a decent pre season based around improving certain aspects of his game, I know a lad who was with him at Blackburn and he's surprised he's coming in for stick with regards his work rate as he says he trained harder and longer than anyone at the club which makes me believe he wants it but it's just not happening for him at the minute, I hope he doesn't become a boo boy it's not good to hear your own players getting sarcastically clapped and cheered off and I'm not sure it achieves anything other than letting the manager know he probably should of subbed him half hour earlier.

Thought Green was unlucky not to be involved last night but it probably wasn't the game for him, another option Unsworth may try could be a front three of Tollitt Reid Green with Rooney and Shelton in behind and Sheron holding although after last night I think we'll see more use of the 3-5-2 particularly if we could bring in a more accomplished RWB.

I'm still in the give Nuttall a fair crack as I think he will come good, I suppose as fans we should try and support him in that although at times it's painful to watch.

8 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I'm pretty sure it's now a confidence thing, I don't get the cheering when he gets subbed but Unsworth is partly to blame because it's his job to protect the lad, at the minute nothing is happening for him and he probably needs a week off.

Problem we have is we don't really have many other options, it looks like Hope, Porter and Luamba are all out of the picture for one reason or another, Fondop is good for about half hour tops and Abraham offers less than Nuttall if we are being truthful other than being a bit of a nuisance in the last 10 against tiring defenders, if we play a 2 you can see why Unsworth persists because he's still probably our best option to play alongside Reid, maybe start Reid and Fondop and bring Nuttall on at half time after a lot of the donkey work has been done?.

I'd be in favour of protecting Nuttall and giving him a breather as I think long term he could be a player for us particularly with a decent pre season based around improving certain aspects of his game, I know a lad who was with him at Blackburn and he's surprised he's coming in for stick with regards his work rate as he says he trained harder and longer than anyone at the club which makes me believe he wants it but it's just not happening for him at the minute, I hope he doesn't become a boo boy it's not good to hear your own players getting sarcastically clapped and cheered off and I'm not sure it achieves anything other than letting the manager know he probably should of subbed him half hour earlier.

Thought Green was unlucky not to be involved last night but it probably wasn't the game for him, another option Unsworth may try could be a front three of Tollitt Reid Green with Rooney and Shelton in behind and Sheron holding although after last night I think we'll see more use of the 3-5-2 particularly if we could bring in a more accomplished RWB.

I'm still in the give Nuttall a fair crack as I think he will come good, I suppose as fans we should try and support him in that although at times it's painful to watch.

Not Tollitt. 

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Think you have to remember that the ones jumping around like lunatics against Woking at home haven't had the kinds of days supporting Oldham some on here of a certain age have. I'm sure they'd love to be celebrating a title winning goal against Sheff Wed to clinch a title but that's not where we're at.

3 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Agree. 

When you look into it though our improved results corolate exactly with him coming into the side.

W7 D3 L3 in the NL since his debut in that abysmal performance on Boxing Day at Notts County.

Could it be that he occupies defenders and does a lot of the dirty work leaving space for others?

Agree on the surface he sometimes comes across as a bit lazy, but I guess we are watching the game, and not his every move and contribution off the ball for 90 mins!

He's on a 3 year contract so we'd better get used to him🙂

28 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Agree. 

When you look into it though our improved results corolate exactly with him coming into the side.

W7 D3 L3 in the NL since his debut in that abysmal performance on Boxing Day at Notts County.

Could it be that he occupies defenders and does a lot of the dirty work leaving space for others?

Agree on the surface he sometimes comes across as a bit lazy, but I guess we are watching the game, and not his every move and contribution off the ball for 90 mins!

He's on a 3 year contract so we'd better get used to him🙂

Played most mins since arriving I'd bet as well. Rest needed for body and mind. Let Fondop show again he can't play over an hour and bring Nuttall back in.

Might help him when we aren't using him as a target man and play some football. Christ we may even get to the byline and send some crosses into him in the box.

7 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

A pineapple? ‘Brisbane speak’ or down with the yoof?

Pineapples are normally delivered when you have stuffed something up or when someone else has stuffed up and blames you. Aka shithousery. They can also be given for regular  misdemeanours such as being an hour late when deadlines are involved. 

Generally speaking, they are delivered with a high velocity propellant and aimed squarely at the rectum. 

Like a bollocking with spikes.

2 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

Pineapples are generally delivered when you have stuffed something up or when someone else has stuffed up and blames you. Aka shithousery. They can also be given for regular  misdemeanours such as being an hour late when deadlines are involved. 

Generally speaking, they are delivered with a high velocity propellant and aimed squarely at the rectum. 

Like a bollocking with spikes.

😱

11 hours ago, League one forever said:

Apart from create one of our only three chances by playing on the shoulder and anticipating a defenders mistake. Oh and getting his head on a  half chance by beating his man to the near post. Ah yes, and in the first half when Nuttall got clean through but took 5 touches and the defender cleared, and then literally one minute later Reid had a sight on goal (not as clear as Nuttall) had one touch and shot- keeper made a save. 

Apart from that - yeah he just runs more. . 

Your defending of Nuttal is just bizarre. 

He clearly needs a rest, and to regain some confidence. Even his hold up play has become really poor/non existent. He look miles off it. 

9 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

You really are flogging a dead horse comparing the two at present.

To say Reid "runs more" just highlights how little energy and effort Nuttall is showing. It may well be that's just the way he plays and has other qualities but currently they're chalk and cheese with regard to affecting the game.

I certainly haven't given up on Nuttall and would start him over Fondop but the difference in intent and atmosphere when Fondop replaces Nuttall is immense. We definitely step up a gear.

Reid has his faults, has no right foot as evidenced when clean through second half ( albeit at a tight angle so not comparable with Nuttall first half ) but is well worth his starting spot and hopefully will forge a successful partnership with one ( or both ) of the big men up front.

All I read there was he scored as many as Nuttall. Zero. I don't get the flack he gets when he isn't delivering considerably less than Reid. I think both have stuff to offer and I love Fondop as well. Just annoys me when we always have one player selected as the boo boy for the season and people shouting shit at them from the stands. Ye, that'll help...

17 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

All I read there was he scored as many as Nuttall. Zero. I don't get the flack he gets when he isn't delivering considerably less than Reid.

If you don’t want to read a differing view then why come on a forum? If you think Reid and Nuttal are contributing the same or similar- I massively disagree. As I laid out in the previous post, but you don’t want to read it, which is a shame. 

20 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I think both have stuff to offer and I love Fondop as well

Agreed. 

It’s just one is playing well at the minute and the other isn’t- that’s football. Doesn’t mean he’s not or can’t be a player. 

21 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Just annoys me when we always have one player selected as the boo boy for the season and people shouting shit at them from the stands. Ye, that'll help...

There is a massive difference between being honest about a players form- and booing him off/sarcastic clapping- which is a bit pathetic and does him no favours. 

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

If you don’t want to read a differing view then why come on a forum? If you think Reid and Nuttal are contributing the same or similar- I massively disagree. As I laid out in the previous post, but you don’t want to read it, which is a shame. 

What are their assists and goals per minute return? Neither have performed as well as I'd hoped they would have

Unsworth needs to show a video to Nuttall of Fondops first minute on the pitch. He ragdolled that tricky blond haired shortarse to the ground off the ball then won a header against their centre half at the first attempt. Nuttall was battered by the same centre half, time after time after time. Apart from whatever else is missing from Nuttall's game he seems not to carry an ounce of aggression.....and in Division 5, a centre forward needs some.

1 hour ago, Shrek said:

Played most mins since arriving I'd bet as well. Rest needed for body and mind. Let Fondop show again he can't play over an hour and bring Nuttall back in.

Might help him when we aren't using him as a target man and play some football. Christ we may even get to the byline and send some crosses into him in the box.

It's obvious Fondop can't play over an hour(see Boreham Wood last Saturday) 

4 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

What are their assists and goals per minute return? Neither have performed as well as I'd hoped they would have

I could be wrong but I think Nuttal scored two in first two games. (One was a pen) and hasn’t been seen since goals wise despite starting every game. 

I think he’s 2 in 13. 1 from open play. 

I could be wrong but I think Reid has two as well, but has been in and out of the side through injury and non selection- so I don’t know his goals to games/starts ratio.  I know he scored a screamer 4 games ago, then got injured. 

All people are saying is- give Nuttall a rest. Which on his current form is entirely justified. 

5 minutes ago, League one forever said:

All people are saying is- give Nuttall a rest. Which on his current form is entirely justified. 

No they’re not! That might be what you are saying but there are plenty cheering his number going up, are all over the internet saying how shit he is, how lazy he is, how he doesn’t even want to be here, didn’t want to sign in the first place, worst striker we’ve had in ages etc etc.

16 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I could be wrong but I think Nuttal scored two in first two games. (One was a pen) and hasn’t been seen since goals wise despite starting every game. 

I think he’s 2 in 13. 1 from open play. 

I could be wrong but I think Reid has two as well, but has been in and out of the side through injury and non selection- so I don’t know his goals to games/starts ratio.  I know he scored a screamer 4 games ago, then got injured. 

6 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

No they’re not! That might be what you are saying but there are plenty cheering his number going up, are all over the internet saying how shit he is, how lazy he is, how he doesn’t even want to be here, didn’t want to sign in the first place, worst striker we’ve had in ages etc etc.

As @nzlatic said, nowhere near that being all people are saying.

if everyone said maybe he needs a rest there'd be no argument from me. People saying all the above is my issue

1 minute ago, nzlatic said:

Ok! 🤦🏻‍♂️

What ‘I am’ saying is- his work rate is poor, his first touch has deserted him and his hold up play is non existent. I don’t advocate booing or sarcastic clapping, but he’s been piss poor recently and needs a rest. 

His record prior to joining and early games suggests there is a player there. But he can’t keep getting picked on reputation. 

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Ok! 🤦🏻‍♂️

What ‘I am’ saying is- his work rate is poor, his first touch has deserted him and his hold up play is non existent. I don’t advocate booing or sarcastic clapping, but he’s been piss poor recently and needs a rest. 

His record prior to joining and early games suggests there is a player there. But he can’t keep getting picked on reputation. 

The paradox is we're winning. Why risk changing it?

Just now, League one forever said:

Ok! 🤦🏻‍♂️

I personally don’t think from the stands or the tv that fans can properly judge work rate. People have different styles of moving, some can look busier than others while putting in the same effort. We don’t know his physical stats from each game. And we also don’t know what role he’s being asked to play.

So to be crucified over work rate or supposed laziness when we don’t know the facts is wrong. Especially when our massive up turn in form pretty much started after he signed.

Archived