MATCH: Woking (H) 07/03/23

31 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Why do you think that is…seeing that we are 3/4 way through a season?

Lacks professionalism to get himself fit enough. No excuses for it. Great impact player but he's not fit enough.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, nzlatic said:

So to be crucified over work rate or supposed laziness when we don’t know the facts is wrong. Especially when our massive up turn in form pretty much started after he signed.

No! 😂

To ‘you’ it’s wrong. 

And please don’t miss quote me. ‘I’ didn’t crucify him or mention supposed laziness, you’re putting words in my mouth to suit your narrative. 

I said his work rate is poor- it is. 

I said his first touched has deserted him- watch the games it never sticks. 

I said his hold play is non existent - watch the game he never brings the midfield in. 

I then said- his previous form and early games suggest there is a player- which is what? That’s right-  a compliment. 

Those are fair criticisms- that are balanced with a positive. 

I have a pair eyes and many, many fair minded people agree with me. 

16 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Ok! 🤦🏻‍♂️

What ‘I am’ saying is- his work rate is poor, his first touch has deserted him and his hold up play is non existent. I don’t advocate booing or sarcastic clapping, but he’s been piss poor recently and needs a rest. 

His record prior to joining and early games suggests there is a player there. But he can’t keep getting picked on reputation. 

Who drops deep to support midfield? Reid or Nuttall? Nuttall 

Who is the poor fucker battling for yet another Hogan or Yarney hoof with a centre half crashing into him? Reid or Nuttall? Nuttall 

Who has to be shouted at constantly to even bother to close down? Reid or Nuttall? Reid.

Nuttall's minutes/starts in the league this season mean he is very likely to be burned out. Not having he's lazy, not when playing next to Reid. Reid was driving the bench made with his lack of movement at times on Tuesday. 

Nuttall has 34 appearances in the league this season. Started them all. Only not finished 6.

He's not a lazy bastard. He's burnt out. Only Sheron has played as many games outfield in the league. 

8 minutes ago, League one forever said:

No! 😂

To ‘you’ it’s wrong. 

And please don’t miss quote me. ‘I’ didn’t crucify him or mention supposed laziness, you’re putting words in my mouth to suit your narrative. 

I said his work rate is poor- it is. 

I said his first touched has deserted him- watch the games it never sticks. 

I said his hold play is non existent - watch the game he never brings the midfield in. 

I then said- his previous form and early games suggest there is a player- which is what? That’s right-  a compliment. 

Those are fair criticisms- that are balanced with a positive. 

I have a pair eyes and many, many fair minded people agree with me. 

You said his work rate is poor. Plenty of others are crucifying him for being lazy. 

I’m saying none of us fans know the full situation so can’t say that for sure. He might be doing exactly what the coaching staff are asking of him for all we know.

Work rate aside, he definitely looks short on confidence. Which probably explains his touch and lack of goals etc and a spell out might do him good. But maybe Unsworth thinks doing that would be have a negative impact on the team? 🤷‍♂️ 

5 minutes ago, Shrek said:

Who drops deep to support midfield? Reid or Nuttall? Nuttall 

Who is the poor fucker battling for yet another Hogan or Yarney hoof with a centre half crashing into him? Reid or Nuttall? Nuttall 

Who has to be shouted at constantly to even bother to close down? Reid or Nuttall? Reid.

Nuttall's minutes/starts in the league this season mean he is very likely to be burned out. Not having he's lazy, not when playing next to Reid. Reid was driving the bench made with his lack of movement at times on Tuesday. 

Who came in as our ‘number one’ striker- Reid or Nuttall? Nuttall.

Who has played at a higher level? Reid or Nuttall. Nuttall.

Which player cost money. . 

And on it goes. We can all play that game, and the reasons why it suits our argument. 

He is offering nothing at the minute. Nothing. 

Reid is scoring screamers and looking a threat, he is playing on the shoulder and creating his own chances. 

It’s absolutely laughable to compare their recent form. 

NOT ABILITY.

Form. 

2 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Work rate aside, he definitely looks short on confidence. Which probably explains his touch and lack of goals etc and a spell out might do him good. But maybe Unsworth thinks doing that would be have a negative impact on the team?

Spot on. 

The chance he had early on last night, he was clean through-  took to long and the defender cleared, he buries that normally in my view. 

He needs a rest and to get his confidence back and he’ll be reet. 

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Who came in as our ‘number one’ striker- Reid or Nuttall? Nuttall.

Who has played at a higher level? Reid or Nuttall. Nuttall.

Which player cost money. . 

And on it goes. We can all play that game, and the reasons why it suits our argument. 

He is offering nothing at the minute. Nothing. 

Reid is scoring screamers and looking a threat, he is playing on the shoulder and creating his own chances. 

It’s absolutely laughable to compare their recent form. 

NOT ABILITY.

Form. 

Not sure Reid was free tbh.

Reid needs to work harder. Looking a threat and missing a sitter isn't going to cut it.

Hang on- so he is struggling at the minute. 😁

He is, you slow on the uptake? Needs a rest. Some suggestions he's not trying or he's crap, neither true.

3 minutes ago, Shrek said:

Not sure Reid was free tbh.

Reid needs to work harder. Looking a threat and missing a sitter isn't going to cut it.

Reid is playing great, some suggestions he needs to work harder or he’s crap- both bollocks. 😂

3 minutes ago, Shrek said:

He is, you slow on the uptake? Needs a rest. Some suggestions he's not trying or he's crap, neither true.

I must be, you’re worse than eyrsey for changing your mind to suit an argument. 

Reid is playing great, some suggestions he needs to work harder or he’s crap- both bollocks. 😂

I must be, you’re worse than eyrsey for changing your mind to suit an argument. 

Reid was great last night? Missed a sitter and contributed nothing else.

I've not changed my view on Nuttall. Gets in our starting 11 all day. Just needs a rest.

Just now, Shrek said:

Reid was great last night? Missed a sitter and contributed nothing else.

I've not changed my view on Nuttall. Gets in our starting 11 all day. Just needs a rest.

Which one- the one the first half where it was played into him- he took one touch and the keeper made a good save. No it can’t be, because that wasn’t a sitter. Ah, you must mean the chance he created for himself in the second half where he capatilsed on the defenders mistake ran 30 years and just missed from a tight angle. Yeah. . . real sitters. 

Oh sorry, one more- was it when he linked up with Fondop and got on the end of one of his crosses missing a header with a half chance. The only time in the entire game the two strikers linked up. . . 

Those moments alone outshone Nuttall. 

On ability- both should start,  no question. 

On form- only one can start. 

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

no wonder he’s knackered…🙄

Reminds me of a typo in a 1970s Oldham Chronicle newspaper. "The opening batsman scored the first double century for his club since 1066".🙂

22 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Reminds me of a typo in a 1970s Oldham Chronicle newspaper. "The opening batsman scored the first double century for his club since 1066".🙂

It could have been true if it was Brian Close

Nuttall is our best striker and since coming into the side our results have picked up, that’s no coincidence in my opinion. 

Why as a set of fans we have to see players run around like headless chickens to be satisfied I’ll never know. 

8 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Nuttall is our best striker and since coming into the side our results have picked up, that’s no coincidence in my opinion. 

Why as a set of fans we have to see players run around like headless chickens to be satisfied I’ll never know. 

Whilst I'm not for booing him Nuttall has been gash there is absolutely no disputing that, to say he's our best striker is frankly bollocks. 

4 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

I think it's more to do with having a more settled team and the improvement of players like Rooney and Hogan.

I haven't been overly impressed by Nuttall, but cheering when he was subbed is pretty embarrassing.

16 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Results have picked up since he came into the side, no one can deny that, but I would love to see his close control improve, also he seems to not compete for high balls with his back to the oppositions goal, now that may be something he consciously does for whatever reason. My only problem is he really doesn't look like he has a goal in him from open play. I suppose if we keep winning it doesn't matter but I like my main striker to pose a goal threat. 

45 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Whilst I'm not for booing him Nuttall has been gash there is absolutely no disputing that, to say he's our best striker is frankly bollocks. 

This.

There will have been fans ironically cheering Nuttall’s substitution but I think the majority did so out of frustration. Fondop came on around 15 minutes too late for me.

Nuttall has the most pedigree out of our 4 strikers but he certainly isn’t performing in a way that backs this up. What is he? Target man? Poacher? Run the channels? On the shoulder? None of these up to press.

Hopefully just a confidence issue and we’ll start to see the best of him soon.

5 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

He is a more rounded player than both Fondop and Reid. 

Where are you drawing this opinion from? Based on what? 

He gave a slight glimpse on Tuesday where he held the ball, got his head up and played a lovely ball out of to Kitch.

Archived