MATCH: Woking (H) 07/03/23

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woking are the biggest side in the league - they have at least 7 or 8 players over 6 feet tall including a young striker, Dackers on loan from Salford, who is 6’7”…

I was at the 3-0 defeat at their place and we were comprehensively outplayed. However our starting eleven on that day included such luminaries as Threkeld, Stobbs, Roberts, Cooper, Wellens, McGahey, Okagbue with McGlynn coming on at half time…

Expect a tough contest but also expect a reaction after the totally inept second half showing on Saturday. 

If it was me, I’d start with a front two of Reid and Fondop 👍

Oh, and I suggest a little less hoofball and little more play on the ground maybe…

31 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Woking are the biggest side in the league - they have at least 7 or 8 players over 6 feet tall including a young striker, Dackers on loan from Salford, who is 6’7”…

I was at the 3-0 defeat at their place and we were comprehensively outplayed. However our starting eleven on that day included such luminaries as Threkeld, Stobbs, Roberts, Cooper, Wellens, McGahey, Okagbue with McGlynn coming on at half time…

Expect a tough contest but also expect a reaction after the totally inept second half showing on Saturday. 

Oh, and I suggest a little less hoofball and little more play on the ground maybe…

Absolutely no recollection of McGlynn!

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

-2 overnight predicted.

Sub zero forecast from 7.00pm…we might start the game but finishing it will be the problem.

Woking are coming a long way…I think it may be postponed.

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

Sub zero forecast from 7.00pm…we might start the game but finishing it will be the problem.

-3 at 6am and -2 at 9pm latest forecast.

3 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Could be a blessing in disguise after Saturday.

9 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I don’t fancy us at all in this game. I’d take a draw now- which is slightly pathetic but there you go. 

Same but I can't help but thinking we could do with putting some sort of performance together at home given season ticket prices and the start of sales will no doubt be released soon.

6 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

no wonder they got beat 3-0 with all them playing. Dear god! Hoping that’s as low as we go 

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Same but I can't help but thinking we could do with putting some sort of performance together at home given season ticket prices and the start of sales will no doubt be released soon.

I don’t think the football will ever be free flowing under Unsy, but I can take that- as long as we really compete and put a performance in. 

7 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

They are also a good footballing side, who move the ball about quickly, and have a good manager in Darren Sarll. He did well at Yeovil with a limited budget and is flying with Woking this season. 

He is relatively young, but served his time learning his trade and is 4/5 years ahead of where Unsworth is experience wise.

Woking are transformed from the season before when they really were pretty average.

I know Woking very well as my lads in the Academy there...make no mistake if they don't go up this year in the playoffs, they will be really strong next season. 

They are the biggest club in Surrey believe it or not...which is the biggest and richest county in England, and will have some serious financial backing next season I understand to strengthen further.

Tomorrow will be a good indicator as to where we are for next season, with the current squad we have.

My guess is Unsworth will be outcoached tactically by Sarll and we will lose by the odd goal and go down with a whimper....

7 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

And how bad was McGahey that night😵💫

51 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

They are also a good footballing side, who move the ball about quickly, and have a good manager in Darren Sarll. He did well at Yeovil with a limited budget and is flying with Woking this season. 

He is relatively young, but served his time learning his trade and is 4/5 years ahead of where Unsworth is experience wise.

Woking are transformed from the season before when they really were pretty average.

I know Woking very well as my lads in the Academy there...make no mistake if they don't go up this year in the playoffs, they will be really strong next season. 

They are the biggest club in Surrey believe it or not...which is the biggest and richest county in England, and will have some serious financial backing next season I understand to strengthen further.

Tomorrow will be a good indicator as to where we are for next season, with the current squad we have.

My guess is Unsworth will be outcoached tactically by Sarll and we will lose by the odd goal and go down with a whimper....

Certainly isn't that.  I'll give you richest!

33 minutes ago, disjointed said:

How many arseholes have we had this year? Seems we get torn a new one quite regularly. 

Usually they are players left in acres of room to operate , every team seems to have one, last Saturday it was Brunt of Boreham  Wood.

Archived