MATCH: Woking (H) 07/03/23

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get in. Was never going to be pretty on that pitch against those very well organised cloggers, but that was a well executed game plan. 

I thought he got his tactics and substitutions right. And the players put in a shift. Well earned 3 points.

Thumbs down to the fans sarcastically cheering Nuttall’s number going up. 10 times worse than booing and won’t help a player a bit low on confidence in any way. 

God it’s turgid to watch. Prob the hardest watch ever. I can’t pay to watch that as it’s not a spectacle but the facts are they had no real chances, rooney and reid should have bagged, we’ve won and form recently is good. If he’s going to play like that they just have to win a huge % of games to keep people happy 

1 minute ago, Careca9 said:

God it’s turgid to watch. Prob the hardest watch ever. I can’t pay to watch that as it’s not a spectacle but the facts are they had no real chances, rooney and reid should have bagged, we’ve won and form recently is good. If he’s going to play like that they just have to win a huge % of games to keep people happy 

I can remember times, long ago, when Latics played shit yet won. Nobody complained, just happy to have won and collected the points. We are so critical and instantly demanding these days and I am not saying I am any different. 

Anyway, it's another three points to safety and the promise, maybe, of some kind of renaissance during the summer break. 

1 minute ago, Wardie said:

I can remember times, long ago, when Latics played shit yet won. Nobody complained, just happy to have won and collected the points. We are so critical and instantly demanding these days and I am not saying I am any different. 

That was in league one when we would beat someone like Doncaster at home in a four win. 

It can’t be compared to losing against Boreham wood who are 1/6th of our size and are doing far better than us. 

It’s all relative. 

Anyway - credit again where it’s due. 

I hate the football. 

But I love winning more. 

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

That was in league one when we would beat someone like Doncaster at home in a four win. 

It can’t be compared to losing against Boreham wood who are 1/6th of our size and are doing far better than us. 

It’s all relative. 

Anyway - credit again where it’s due. 

I hate the football. 

But I love winning more. 

League One??
I'm going back way before that! :D 

We are where we are and have to accept it, teams like Boreham Fucking Wood know tis league inside and out. We are still adapting to it. I agree with your sentiment, though.

11 minutes ago, League one forever said:

That’s exactly what we are. . . 

Disagree. We were in a battle tonight and won it. But still managed to create a few chances and I think they were all from open play. It’s getting better. 

13 minutes ago, rossy52 said:

how (apart from the obvious , that we paid a fee for him)  does Nuttall start before Fondop!! even Roy can see the difference ffs

Made a world of difference when he came on. 

Good team performance all round, Got to start putting these chances away though

7 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Disagree. We were in a battle tonight and won it. But still managed to create a few chances and I think they were all from open play. It’s getting better. 

We are getting much better at battling, that isn’t in question. Unsy deserves credit for that. 

We are not in my view getting any better at playing football, and nor will we under Unsy- this is his style. We see it time and time again. The only difference is he he’s now got better players and a settled side. 

But- it’s producing results, which is the ultimate currency. 

Archived