FSA annual survey 2023

52 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I tried but after the first 5 questions decided not to.  The priority given to some of these subjects is ridiculous.  #dinosaur

You can't be a dinosaur if you're using a hashtag!

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

I tried but after the first 5 questions decided not to.  The priority given to some of these subjects is ridiculous.  #dinosaur

I’ve just completed the survey - 60 or so questions - after the first few that @Dave_Og objected to, it seems a reasonable survey to me 👍

1 minute ago, TheBigDog said:

I’ve just completed the survey - 60 or so questions - after the first few that @Dave_Og objected to, it seems a reasonable survey to me 👍

If I'd said I wasn't sure if I was Arthur or Martha what do you think they'd have done with that information?

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

I agree with you. I looked at the first five questions and thought "what the %$*£". But then I believe you're either a man or a woman, born with a penis or a vagina. Old fashioned maybe but the prominent view in the circles that I move in and in my age group.

Slightly off topic but I saw a Director of Oxfam apologised the other day for using English in a written message as it is 'the language of a colonising nation'.  Presume he wont be wanting any Pounds Sterling then. 

21 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Slightly off topic but I saw a Director of Oxfam apologised the other day for using English in a written message as it is 'the language of a colonising nation'.  Presume he wont be wanting any Pounds Sterling then. 

I'd like to apologise in that case for doing Latin through to university. It's high time the Romans apologised for their behaviour, does anyone have the Italian Prime Minister's email address?

Perhaps on a football survey those initial questions should have been at the back end as they are les important, as I too found them a little bizarre. Then you hit the illegal drug section christ on a bike ...... whatever happened to pie pint footie a little bit of swearing to let off steam, home to the family kinda Saturday afternoon. Although Ketamine might make the match seem a bit quicker :D 

8 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

I'd like to apologise in that case for doing Latin through to university. It's high time the Romans apologised for their behaviour, does anyone have the Italian Prime Minister's email address?

This week's Italian prime minister or next week's?  My Latin O Level is now a mark of shame!

I think the "point" of those first few questions is to try to monitor the extent to which the people responding reflect the match-attending public, and the overall UK public as a whole. The FSA is also a membership organisation that will derive a direct benefit from knowing who they are talking to, in broad terms. Every survey I've done has these questions, it is just that they are usually at the end.

It's also a survey that is designed to make sure the FSA knows what a very broad spectrum of people think about the game as it is, and their views about how it should be in the future. It's pretty easy and quick to complete and the more people who do so, the more authoritative it is likely to be.

17 minutes ago, basilrobbie said:

I think the "point" of those first few questions is to try to monitor the extent to which the people responding reflect the match-attending public, and the overall UK public as a whole. The FSA is also a membership organisation that will derive a direct benefit from knowing who they are talking to, in broad terms. Every survey I've done has these questions, it is just that they are usually at the end.

It's also a survey that is designed to make sure the FSA knows what a very broad spectrum of people think about the game as it is, and their views about how it should be in the future. It's pretty easy and quick to complete and the more people who do so, the more authoritative it is likely to be.

In my line of work I have a rule when issuing questionnaires which I do, a lot.  Never ask a question unless the potentially differing answers which will be returned will lead to different courses of action.  I cannot see that me telling them the answer to these questions will do that and therefore I won't be completing the survey as I think any actions taken will be built on sand.  It strikes me as them deciding that they need to ask these questions because, well, because everyone else does.  Pointless virtue signalling.

1 hour ago, basilrobbie said:

Thanks for coming on here and trying to educate us. I can't speak for others, but for me, please don't fucking bother again.

4 minutes ago, redlion said:

Thanks for coming on here and trying to educate us. I can't speak for others, but for me, please don't fucking bother again.

I'm sure Robbie can speak for himself, but I for one appreciate his input on here. 

33 minutes ago, redlion said:

You are correct, you can't speak for others. Basil has been a great contributor to the board. Not sure what you've taken offence to here but your response is a bit rude 

12 hours ago, redlion said:

Don't be picky, it's perfectly ok to ask the question and progress the thread.

2 hours ago, redlion said:

Lol! As you said to me. Don't be picky

Archived