Boring March....

Just leaving to make the long drive home again after another disappointing show😬.....another game where we didn't show enough intent to win and close out the game.

Our March record 

P5 W1 D2 L2 F3 A5 Pts 5

Saw the games at Eastleigh, and today and we just look bloody boring!

Solid enough in general, but scoring 3 goals in 5 games is really utter shite.

We are relatively safe so why the fuck we try to go all defensive in the last quarter of games and make puzzling substitutions is beyond me...

Just go for the jugular for god's sake! 

24 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Yep. My only surprise is people’s surprise at the tactics. 

I just can't buy in to it it's fucking desperate at times, what does Chapman and Abraham bring, two lonees who are fucking gash. Ones weak as piss and the other runs round like a fucking headless chicken.

1 hour ago, Londonboy said:

Just leaving to make the long drive home again after another disappointing show😬.....another game where we didn't show enough intent to win and close out the game.

Our March record 

P5 W1 D2 L2 F3 A5 Pts 5

Saw the games at Eastleigh, and today and we just look bloody boring!

Solid enough in general, but scoring 3 goals in 5 games is really utter shite.

We are relatively safe so why the fuck we try to go all defensive in the last quarter of games and make puzzling substitutions is beyond me...

Just go for the jugular for god's sake! 

He will probably  stroke his beard again and say it was a "one one er" 

15 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I just can't buy in to it it's fucking desperate at times, what does Chapman and Abraham bring, two lonees who are fucking gash. Ones weak as piss and the other runs round like a fucking headless chicken.

I know. 

Although to be fair to Unsworth he’s only doing what he’s always done, so we just have to be pragmatic about it. Because he isn’t going to change. 

The hope is the form since Christmas repeated over the season would have in and around the playoffs, and I’d take success over style any day of the week. But there’s no escaping it’s tough to watch and you have to win with his tactics. 

14 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

And has the fans singing his name for it 

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

I know. 

Although to be fair to Unsworth he’s only doing what he’s always done, so we just have to be pragmatic about it. Because he isn’t going to change. 

The hope is the form since Christmas repeated over the season would have in and around the playoffs, and I’d take success over style any day of the week. But there’s no escaping it’s tough to watch and you have to win with his tactics. 

In and around the play offs is not success

13 minutes ago, Steve_R said:

It’s only success if you win the play offs. Getting to the playoffs and losing will be failure

We have not finished in the top half of a table for over fifteen years…..so reaching the playoffs will surely not be considered failure 

5 minutes ago, Steve_R said:

It’s only success if you win the play offs. Getting to the playoffs and losing will be failure

The very reasonable, objective and dispassionate view .... is be threatening the playoffs next season, followed by promotion the following season, be that automatic or via playoffs.

In context of the major rebuilding process and a manager on a three year contract.

Will be interesting to see how next season goes, certainly if the performances are dull but effective to the point of being mid table.

Personally I feel the majority of our support EXPECT a serious promotion push next season, not marginal improvement.

This will be nailed on if and when Frank supports investment in quality new signings.

Turgid winning football will be tolerated.

My simple concern is how the manager is proposing to transform this team into a free scoring side by the start of next season.

13 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

We have not finished in the top half of a table for over fifteen years…..so reaching the playoffs will surely not be considered failure 

The aim next season has surely to be to win promotion. If we don’t do that we will have failed the aim

1 hour ago, Mayfield said:

My simple concern is how the manager is proposing to transform this team into a free scoring side by the start of next season.

He’s not. 

He’s going to repeat exactly what he’s done since Christmas. 

Turgid but effective football. If you want or are expecting a free scoring side I think you’ll have to wait for the next manager. 

4 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Nuttall doesn’t run enough, Abraham runs to much - do you have a certain distance in mind these players need to cover ? Can’t win 😂

19 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Nuttall doesn’t run enough, Abraham runs to much - do you have a certain distance in mind these players need to cover ? Can’t win 😂

Nuttall does run but runs like a sloth, that's not my criticism of him anyway, he's just shit, come on then list the guys strengths.

It's a tough conundrum I know...

Play boring as fuck footy and win or expansive and open football and lose a few.

My issue is we are playing boring as fuck footy and not winning....and we haven't seen what expsnsive and open can deliver...??

Come on Unsworth have a go ffs!!

6 hours ago, Londonboy said:

It's a tough conundrum I know...

Play boring as fuck footy and win or expansive and open football and lose a few.

My issue is we are playing boring as fuck footy and not winning....and we haven't seen what expsnsive and open can deliver...??

Come on Unsworth have a go ffs!!

Just listened to Unsworth post match … he does see things differently that’s for sure…😳

"Players were absolutely magnificent" says Big Dave… I know he has to put a positive spin on it but really? 

He speaks of the stats pointing to our dominance:

2 (TWO) shots on target - 6 off target in ninety minutes Dave (Solihull had 3 and 5 btw)

As you rightly point out @Londonboy, the football yesterday, particularly the second half, was boring. We were trying to keep the ball in the corner after 84 minutes - why?

Yes we are playing some neat stuff in patches, but generally the play is poor.

My opinion only but I thought that Shelton and Sambou had poor games and Sutton is simply not a right back. 

Standout players for me were Sheron and Rooney with Hudson doing well until his late flap.

In the end we got what we deserved and a draw was a fair result.

22 hours ago, Steve_R said:

The aim next season has surely to be to win promotion. If we don’t do that we will have failed the aim

Really? According to who?

You? If so, fine. 

But do you think if we don’t go up next season Unsworth will get sacked? 

I don’t. 

Because I don’t think the club will say to say to him-  anything less than promotion is failure. 

In fact if he finishes in the top 10 I think he’ll get the third year of his contract without any fuss. 

11 hours ago, League one forever said:

Really? According to who?

You? If so, fine. 

But do you think if we don’t go up next season Unsworth will get sacked? 

I don’t. 

Because I don’t think the club will say to say to him-  anything less than promotion is failure. 

In fact if he finishes in the top 10 I think he’ll get the third year of his contract without any fuss. 

I don’t think they’ll sack Unsworth and I’m not saying that if we don’t go up they should, far from it. A lot of things can happen over the course of a season that can affect where you finish, and to finish top of the pile will be a hard act to pull off. 
I’m saying that the aim should be to win the league next season and if we can’t do that win the playoffs not just get in them or somewhere near them. If we don’t do that, we’ve failed in that aim.

4 minutes ago, Steve_R said:

I don’t think they’ll sack Unsworth and I’m not saying that if we don’t go up they should, far from it. A lot of things can happen over the course of a season that can affect where you finish, and to finish top of the pile will be a hard act to pull off. 
I’m saying that the aim should be to win the league next season and if we can’t do that win the playoffs not just get in them or somewhere near them. If we don’t do that, we’ve failed in that aim.

Yeah, if the ambition isn’t to win the league there’s something wrong- I’m with you there. 

I just don’t think the club are putting any pressure on Unsworth to deliver it, nor I do think if he finished in the top 7 and we didn’t go up could it be classed as a failure. It would be a significant improvement on this season, and the club seem to be all about slow measured building. Which I can understand. 

I suppose it’s the difference between want and expect. 

I want us to go up. 

I expect us to finish top 7. 

This team, with a full season, would probably finish top half. To challenge for the league we will need at least 4 or 5 quality signings.

We need to get them in asap and be ready to hit the ground running.

I’ve given Unsworth the benefit of the doubt so far as constantly changing managers hasn’t worked for us but IMO he has to have us in and around the top 5 from the off next season.

Another season of slow progress will not be sufficient for the vast majority of supporters!

Archived