MATCH: Wealdstone (A) 28/03/23

4 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

We were safe weeks ago.

We weren't and we still aren't. The teams below seem to be picking up and we are drawing too many and only 2 points from 9.

If we relax and think we're safe we could be right back in it within 2 games

• Like 2

I think we are safe even after the battering we will get this Saturday and losing a couple more by the end of the season.

Time for a rethink at the end of the season on where we have  gone wrong and the players we need to get rid of and replace.Unsworth should be licking Frank's  motorbike  boots for the money he has given him to save him from a mediocre season at best.

Edited by Flemboy
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Le miserable1 said:

Hudson kicked the ball out of play once,we’re you actually watching.Nuttall in play goal,we’ll the less said about the England C keeper the better,dive for the penalty by the way!!!!

Hudson kicked it out 5 times, watch it back. A dive ? He cleared him out. It was also great control from Nuttall to bring the ball down. 

Did you watch the game ? Probably to busy shoving commas up your own ass. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Nuttall 2 goals.

Only scored 1 today

39 minutes ago, St92 said:

Another point on the board but we're definitely not safe. Wrexham up next so unlikely to get anything there.

Don't know when Yeovils game in hand is but could be down to a 5/6 point gap by the Altrincham game, and teams below us picking up wins.

We're safe

20 minutes ago, Le miserable1 said:

Hudson kicked the ball out of play once,we’re you actually watching.Nuttall in play goal,we’ll the less said about the England C keeper the better,dive for the penalty by the way!!!!

Is this your 3rd or 4th account? Boring c...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Lazy, disinterested finish from the big lad.

😂😂

He’s scored a goal- good on him and hopefully it builds his confidence. But let’s not re write history with populist bollocks. 

He has been really poor- and been rightly criticised/highlighted. 

Tonight he’s played well by all accounts and rightly takes the praise. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, League one forever said:

😂😂

He’s scored a goal- good on him and hopefully it builds his confidence. But let’s not re write history with populist bollocks. 

His 14th goal of the season, playing for two crap sides.

He’s doing alright. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, St92 said:

We weren't and we still aren't. The teams below seem to be picking up and we are drawing too many and only 2 points from 9.

If we relax and think we're safe we could be right back in it within 2 games

We could still do with one more win to absolutely guarantee safety, but in reality there's more than enough teams between us and the dropzone who can't all go on a winning run.  Added to that Yeovil are on course to score less than a goal a game which doesn't bode well in a relegation battle.

After Wrexham on Saturday our run-in is mostly against mid-table teams.  Can't see us bombing for the rest of the season.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Le miserable1 said:

Not that it matters but Hudson kicked the ball out 99% of the time he had it. 

21 minutes ago, League one forever said:

😂😂

Played ok Saturday. By far the better of our 4 current strikers. 

2 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

His 14th goal of the season, playing for two crap sides.

He’s doing alright. 

Yep- fair comment. 

He played well when he first joined, and he looked a real threat. Then he went missing for 12 games. . Hopefully he’s turned a corner. 

But my wider point still stands. 

Fans generally call it as they see it. If any player is poor- he should be big enough to take it on the chin. You can’t have the praise without the criticism. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, League one forever said:

We’ve had this discussion before. 

I’d have Reid all day over Nuttall- but each to their own. 👍🏻

I think he's referring to the 4 currently available tbf

I agree Nuttall hasn't been great but I think there's a player there if we can get him and Reid playing together consistently. Unfortunately I think a lot of fans have already made their minds up about him. Someone on here called him our worst ever player at weekend which is mind boggling

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

I think he's referring to the 4 currently available tbf

I agree Nuttall hasn't been great but I think there's a player there if we can get him and Reid playing together consistently. Unfortunately I think a lot of fans have already made their minds up about him. Someone on here called him our worst ever player at weekend which is mind boggling

I think we have a decent strike force but need to add another in the close season  for loss of form,injury and suspensions

Edited by Flemboy

Weird game. Rather than it being end to end it was one side having control for 5/10 mins then the other side taking control for 5/10 minutes. I quite enjoyed it as a contest.

It’s really good to see how urgent we are the majority of the time. That’s a big change from a few weeks ago. 

Good to see Unsworth make a change to the set up when they were overrunning us and it got us back in the game. 

Nuttall played similarly to how he always does, pleased for him that he got a couple of goals. It was definite pen, it was right in front of me. 

All 3 subs were busy and involved when they came on. 

Sheron did really well defensively. Shelton did more on the ball than he has been doing of late. 

Those are some of the positives. I won’t bother with looking for negatives as other posters have found plenty as always. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The energy and confidence of Wealdstone in the second half was something else. Played nothing like that in the first half, took us by surprise I think and we seemed to drop deeper throughout the second half. Over the 90 mins thought a draw was a fair result. 

• Like 1