OAFC Players of the Year 22/23

Fan's player of the year: Josef Yarney (68% of the vote)

Management player of the year: Mark Kitching

Players' player of the Year: Nate Sheron

Must say I'm surprised about Yarney, only been here half a season. For me you have to play the majority of the season to be player of the year, perhaps points to the immediacy of the fan experience in the social media age.

I'm pleased Sheron got some recognition for being a constant through the good times and bad this season. Personally think he's been excellent since deployed in the defensive midfield position and he was one of the few players that demonstrably tried and cared in some of the real low points.

Disappointing for Magnus Norman that he hasn't received any recognition after an excellent first season at the club.  

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Hemel latic said:

Fan's player of the year: Josef Yarney (68% of the vote)

Management player of the year: Mark Kitching

Players' player of the Year: Nate Sheron

Must say I'm surprised about Yarney, only been here half a season. For me you have to play the majority of the season to be player of the year, perhaps points to the immediacy of the fan experience in the social media age.

I'm pleased Sheron got some recognition for being a constant through the good times and bad this season. Personally think he's been excellent since deployed in the defensive midfield position and he was one of the few players that demonstrably tried and cared in some of the real low points.

Disappointing for Magnus Norman that he hasn't received any recognition after an excellent first season at the club.  

I picked Yarney because I think he's the one who's had the most positive impact on the team throughout the season.  The defence transformed after he joined which was a key part of our upturn in form. I'm suprised Norman hasn't picked up something, I'd put him above Kitching and Sheron.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, ceskylatic said:

I’m glad Sheron got the Player’s Player award. That’s the one that the players themselves appreciate the most.

Does most of the hard yards in midfield. Can't pass for shit though. Think there's a place for him if there's 1 or 2 of genuine quality alongside him.

Having said that, he's chipped in with one or two crucial goals this season. Enjoyed that daisycutter against Dagenham, mainly because I was right behind it. Love them sort of goals when you watch it arrow in from behind the player.

7 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Does most of the hard yards in midfield. Can't pass for shit though. Think there's a place for him if there's 1 or 2 of genuine quality alongside him.

It baffles me that any professional footballer cannot pass the ball to a team mate - it’s a basic skill surely? 🤔

12 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

It baffles me that any professional footballer cannot pass the ball to a team mate - it’s a basic skill surely? 🤔

You'd think so. I think a few I've seen for us don't like, or aren't used to the high press that most teams (mainly top half) employ in this division. They're used to having more time on the ball in higher divisions. We need players who are comfortable on the ball and can pass quickly and accurately. Notts and Wrexham mastered it and hopefully we will in time.

Wonder why we don’t have an awards do like what we used to have? Used to always be popular, and better still we have facilities to host something like that ourselves now and make some money out of it. Feels like an opportunity missed perhaps. 

1 hour ago, daniel said:

Wonder why we don’t have an awards do like what we used to have? Used to always be popular, and better still we have facilities to host something like that ourselves now and make some money out of it. Feels like an opportunity missed perhaps. 

I’m sure I read somewhere there was a an awards luncheon in the North Stand

probably too much uncertainty taking a squad where half of them are gettin binned off and mixing it with an entitled keyboard warrior fanbase, which can even get a bit salty in real life, together in a big room full of alcohol with nothing actually worth awarding.

this time next year however..

17 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

probably too much uncertainty taking a squad where half of them are gettin binned off and mixing it with an entitled keyboard warrior fanbase, which can even get a bit salty in real life, together in a big room full of alcohol with nothing actually worth awarding.

this time next year however..

We've already had that happen. Only the entitled keyboard warrior was on the Board.

• Like 1