Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

54 minutes ago, samgoafc said:

Think that

25 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Euphoria like this hasn't been seen since we signed Championship captain David Wheater in 2019.

The signing of Norwood should be the difference between automatic and playoffs...

Stupid comparison 

Once again...massive thanks to Frank Rothwell for his help and support.

We must have the best set of strikers and a team with lots of talented players..It will still be a tough season but there is definitely  a buzz about the place and confidence  in getting promotion.

No excuses  now for anything  less than a play off spot.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, GKing521 said:

I’ve been right every season. 

Your hatred is misguided.

being miserable and saying sonething lile 'no way we win the champions league with david dunn's portacabins' does not make one 'right every season' 

can you tell us your prediction for this year?

just give us a position.

you cant say 'we will do OK but not good enough and disappointment will reign amongst the fans.' then be like told ya told ya told ya thats another win for Kingstrodamus 🙄

FWIW l'll go with we will win the league with over 100pts and also the none league fine red decanter or whateverthefuck its called. but l suffer painfully with the opposite of pessimism before a match/season.

anddddd Bob defo doesn't do hate. that was poor.

Edited by Monty Burns
more waffle. wot else!
  • Thanks 1

I might be wrong ... but it looks to me that these signings (Norwood especially) coupled with the possible RB means we may not stay one dimensional. Imagine what Willoughby and Reid can learn from him. He brought a togetherness at Barnsley (according to TTV) on and off the pitch. Maybe it that kind of mentality that will galvinise thje other players. Last season I was more shocked when we won than when we lost, this will be the most interesting and engaging season since... well a long time. I cant wait for Aldershot, there willl be 9-10k crammed into BP I hope we make it count!!!! 

Edited by andy_b_100

6 minutes ago, andy_b_100 said:

I might be wrong ... but it looks to me that these signings (Norwood especially) coupled with the possible RB means we may not stay one dimensional. Imagine what Willoughby and Reid can learn from him. He brought a togetherness at Barnsley (according to TTV) on and off the pitch. Maybe it that kind of mentality that will galvinise thje other players. Last season I was more shocked when we won than when we lost, this will be the most interesting and engaging season since... well a long time. I cant wait for Aldershot, there willl be 9-10k crammed into BP I hope we make it count!!!! 

no there won't we struggle to take 683 to southend on a wednesday before the season hasn't even started yet until that weekend.

sorry l'm just givin this pessimism lark a go, see what the attraction is.

Edited by Monty Burns
pessemisming it up to the max
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

is it just me or is there sumat intrinsically humurous about people being upset in a yorkshire accent??

Watched this expecting to see one of those over the top ranting fan tv vids. But by the end I just wanted to give the guy a hug. He’s proper devastated!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Watched this expecting to see one of those over the top ranting fan tv vids. But by the end I just wanted to give the guy a hug. He’s proper devastated!

yeah if l had watched until the end before l posted l may have been less antagonistic in my post or possibly not even shared it!!!!

11 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

"I'll just miss him... he was a great bloke!"

Sounds like he's doing his best mate's obituary! 

• Like 7

lve also read thru a barnsley forum and the only negative thing l could find was 'he looked a bit chunky in one photo. maybe the club is concerned about his fitness.'

for me he has been told of less minutes at barnsley, didnt fancy disney following his kids for obvious reasons and has been told he will be our main man. it's all rather exciting.

2 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

yeah if l had watched until the end before l posted l may have been less antagonistic in my post or possibly not even shared it!!!!

I can’t agree fully with your sentiment as I’m from Doncaster. But I definitely find people being upset in a Barnsley accent pretty funny!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, andy_b_100 said:

Just watched his goals video on you tube....... tap ins,overheads, volleys, headers and always seems to be in space..... or where the rebound is going .... he will do well here

yes l did that last night and was more excited by him stealing other peoples goals, slide tackling goalkeepers and getting sent off!!!!

his ability to hit the target from tight angles using the calcaneus area of his right foot is tremendously promising.

my one concern is that he seems to have a devastating touch of pace/first touch combo in recieving awkward passes around 25 yards from goal. if that isnt there anymore then he might only score 30 this season 🙄🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, andy_b_100 said:

Just watched his goals video on you tube....... tap ins,overheads, volleys, headers and always seems to be in space..... or where the rebound is going .... he will do well here

Me too, what we’ve needed for ages 

OK -that's enough. Let's move on to talking about what is undoubtedly the most (contextually) exciting signing the club has ever made and not nitpicking posters, or posters talking about posters, or posters tal... you get the point. 

Please and thank you.

(Context - I've hidden a bunch of pointless nit-picking of a person not their post, again and as always).

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Ackey said:

OK -that's enough. Let's move on to talking about what is undoubtedly the most (contextually) exciting signing the club has ever made and not nitpicking posters, or posters talking about posters, or posters tal... you get the point. 

Please and thank you.

(Context - I've hidden a bunch of pointless nit-picking of a person not their post, again and as always).

*sheepishly looks at feet and melts into the hedges. again. 🙄.*

56 minutes ago, Ackey said:

Please and thank you.

Nothing wrong in Posters talking about posters - as long as it is not derogatory or insulting.

I’m not sure I agree with this - sounds like a suppression of free speech to me 🤔