Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

9 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Can only hope he's a reformed character... :

Tunnicliffe was given a two-match ban for the start of the 2015–16 season, a £5,000 fine and ordered to take an educational course after calling Middlesbrough's Patrick Bamford a "sausage boy" over Twitte

He's also been done for smashing his range rover into a van pissed up years back.

Couple of my relatives grew up with him. Apparently had all the talent in the world but had too much too young and was a became a bit of a dick with it.

Interesting that Paddy says the original source is Brad Knowles and he's just tweeted a free agent list with Ryan Tunnicliffe on it...

Frank, or the club, have generally been wary of players with, er, a colourful personal life but perhaps Tunnicliffe has matured. Mind you, it's nowt but an unsubstantiated rumour as things stand.

We already have three players that didn't pre-season with us, suspect they really do need time to bed in and improve their fitness. 

1 minute ago, Hemel latic said:

Frank, or the club, have generally been wary of players with, er, a colourful personal life but perhaps Tunnicliffe has matured. Mind you, it's nowt but an unsubstantiated rumour as things stand.

We already have three players that didn't pre-season with us, suspect they really do need time to bed in and improve their fitness. 

No time for that, we've only got two games left to save the season...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, True Tic said:

Could be him then, who knows although if he’s another one who’s flirted with the law I don’t think Frank would fancy him? 

I think we only lost out to Colclough because Chesterfield paid more. Not sure where this rumour came.

Norwood's had a drink driving ban

2 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

This isn't a hijack every topic Unsworth out post... But, I am struggling to get the same level of excitement I'd normally get when a "big name" is incoming. 

I get what you mean but if the rumour is true that it’s a midfielder we desperately need one asap considering the two we signed are out. Anything to try and get us within reach of the top end of the table 

2 minutes ago, True Tic said:

I get what you mean but if the rumour is true that it’s a midfielder we desperately need one asap considering the two we signed are out. Anything to try and get us within reach of the top end of the table 

Agreed. I just can't help feeling that it won't have the positive effect it should.

56 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Can only hope he's a reformed character... :

Tunnicliffe was given a two-match ban for the start of the 2015–16 season, a £5,000 fine and ordered to take an educational course after calling Middlesbrough's Patrick Bamford a "sausage boy" over Twitte

nah jus keep it in the dressing room

9 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

Agreed. I just can't help feeling that it won't have the positive effect it should.

It all seems a bit strange that Unsworth has banged on about a good pre season since he got here, said he was doing all his business early at the end of last season, now we seem to be in a mad scramble to bring in more new players every week.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, b0ndl1ne said:

It would still be annoying though as he would keep Unsworth in the job and part of me would rather get tonked in the next 5 games and get him out of the club

As long as we start winning I couldn’t give a shite!!😆😆

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, b0ndl1ne said:

I really hope it is Tunnicliffe, I was going to suggest him weeks ago but did some digging and word was he was staying in League 1.

Tunnicliffe and Lundstram would be a 7,578,923 billion % upgrade on SAS!!

Don't think right midfield is alien to him so could potentially line up there, at least to begin with.

2 minutes ago, Steve_R said:

It all seems a bit strange that Unsworth has banged on about a good pre season since he got here, said he was doing all his business early at the end of last season, now we seem to be in a mad scramble to bring in more new players every week.

Lundstrum and Ward tho!!! Can't plan for that.

if this ended up bein true tho 😳

1 minute ago, Monty Burns said:

Lundstrum and Ward tho!!! Can't plan for that.

if this ended up bein true tho 😳

Yes, my thinking, can’t really wait too long for these two to get back on the green stuff otherwise we will be chasing the top spots