Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

4 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

We can't buy another player every time we lose a game of football, I keep hearing these players we are bringing in are better but I haven't seen any evidence yet, Unsworths getting a bit David O'Leary for me, can't coach what he's got so is always asking for more, bet there isn't a manager in our League whose had his backing yet apparently we still need to give him more time.

Who's suggesting we should buy another player every time we lose a game of football? Don't be so stupid. I merely asked a question about a rumour IE what this thread is supposed to be about. 🙄

The bottom line is our midfield needs improvement.

Edited by IanMarshall's Mullet

47 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

You think we can buy wins? It doesn't work like that. 

Seemed to work for Blackburn,  ManUre, City, Liverpool,  Chelsea, Arsenal down the years. 

Granted it doesn't work all the time and Leicester bunked the trend however it as more than not

3 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

It's a problem because it's unsustainable, unless of course we think Frank is Oldham's very own oligarch, if you think collecting players for the same position on over the odds money is healthy then fair enough, personally I don't for a variety of reasons.

I'd rather let Darren Royle and the board be the judge of that but you're entitled to your opinions. 

Edited by IanMarshall's Mullet

21 minutes ago, IanMarshall's Mullet said:

I'd rather let Darren Royle and the board be the judge of that but you're entitled to your opinions. 

It's not my money so I'm not going to lose much sleep over it but I suspect whoever is writing the cheques will be. 

38 minutes ago, Lags said:

Seemed to work for Blackburn,  ManUre, City, Liverpool,  Chelsea, Arsenal down the years. 

Granted it doesn't work all the time and Leicester bunked the trend however it as more than not

Yeah, with each player worth more than our club

Some comparison that

6 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Yeah, with each player worth more than our club

Some comparison that

It's a direct comparison to the post I replied to.  Off course money buys you wins. History tells us it does,  the more you spend the bigger prizes it buys. 

Perfect comparison. 

28 minutes ago, Lags said:

It's a direct comparison to the post I replied to.  Off course money buys you wins. History tells us it does,  the more you spend the bigger prizes it buys. 

Perfect comparison. 

Wrexham won promotion because Hollywood stars pumped money in. 

Stockport won promotion because their owner pumped money in.

It took both a couple of years, but, I agree, of course investing money helps. Weird to argue otherwise. It's what we've needed for....well, forever. However, you still need the right people to make it actually work. Frank's doing his bit.

The manager, however, has a lot to prove.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Wrexham won promotion because Hollywood stars pumped money in. 

Stockport won promotion because their owner pumped money in.

It took both a couple of years, but, I agree, of course investing money helps. Weird to argue otherwise. It's what we've needed for....well, forever. However, you still need the right people to make it actually work. Frank's doing his bit.

The manager, however, has a lot to prove.

Yes it's ludicrous to think money doesn't buy success in football.  It's all relative to what degree. Forest Green, Gretna Green even Fulham on their rise from the lower reaches.

The right generals of course spend it better.