Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

56 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Nothing. Just that he isn't catching much at Fleetwood and has a history of scoring goals at this level...

Looking at Burton forum Cole Stockton is more likely.
Didn’t MM inquire as to his availability a few weeks ago?

The majority on there reckon he’ll be on his way very soon.

24 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Probably to Carlisle

1 minute ago, aaronoafc said:

Few rumblings Willoughby will be off and it will be a perm rather than a loan.

Reckon we’ll bring in a RB on a perm and probably another striker. Especially if Willoughby and possibly Reid leave this month

That is a shame re Kurt.

I still want him to do well.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, SpotTheBall85 said:

Feel sorry for Willoughby, feel like he hasn't been given much of a chance to show us what he can do

Yeah, I think it was just bad luck for him. Signed to be a big part of our attack but then along comes Norwood to make him superfluous. He's barely had a sniff and thats not his fault. Hopefully it won't harm his career and he manages to get into another NL team and start smashing goal in (just not against us). 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, aaronoafc said:

Few rumblings Willoughby will be off and it will be a perm rather than a loan.

Reckon we’ll bring in a RB on a perm and probably another striker. Especially if Willoughby and possibly Reid leave this month

Should keep him and get rid of Nuttall and Reid 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OAFC Blues said:

How frequent have Conlon's injuries been? I'm a bit concerned about it. I remember when we signed Gardner thinking 'he'll boss this league if he can stay fit' and he's barely managed to string more than a few games together. Its great to sign quality players but ultimately a bit pointless if they never play. I'm not trying to be negative, I can't wait to see the lad play and hopefully make our midfield look more assured. Just feeling a bit of trepidation. 

Did Dickenson have concerning injuries before he came here?

16 minutes ago, OAFC Blues said:

Yeah, I think it was just bad luck for him. Signed to be a big part of our attack but then along comes Norwood to make him superfluous. He's barely had a sniff and thats not his fault. Hopefully it won't harm his career and he manages to get into another NL team and start smashing goal in (just not against us). 

More like Unsworth probably lead him up the garden path.  Signed to be an integral part of attack then he goes and signs Norwood and then he almost instantly becomes surplus.  Poor form...

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

His manager Micky Mellon stated that "he's a good size and he uses his physique very well. He knows how to use his frame and his strength... he's got an unbelievable strike on him and he's a good finisher... but he’s not going to run channels for you and things like that".[

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, JoeP said:

More like Unsworth probably lead him up the garden path.  Signed to be an integral part of attack then he goes and signs Norwood and then he almost instantly becomes surplus.  Poor form...

I think Willoughby & Norwood could have made a really good pairing but we had no supply line and no decent wingers. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Hemel latic said:

I always like to read between the lines with MM and he makes a point about his personality as well as his playing ability

Port Vale stars launch charity to help disadvantaged youngsters access coaching - (stokesentinel.co.uk) -

New registered charity Pro Level Vision aims to support children from low-income households, children who have experienced abuse or neglect, children in care, young carers and children who have special educational needs or disabilities.

Pro Level Vision plans to offer weekly group sessions at Pro Level Academy at Keele University on Tuesdays and Thursdays, school-based group sessions and bespoke programmes focussed on coaching and confidence building in young offender institutions and local authority secure children's homes, including kit and football boots for youngsters to participate.

Seems like a decent guy.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, IanMarshall's Mullet said:

Did we pay a fee for Conlon?

It's a good question. There's no mention of a fee on either website but he was under contract at Vale, it's described as a permanent transfer on the Vale website, permanent signing on ours. They seem to have allowed him to leave after signing a midfielder on loan from Brighton for the rest of the season. Given he wasn't catching their team presumably if a fee was involved it was nominal. But a good question to ask someone who might know.

1 hour ago, Hemel latic said:

It's a good question. There's no mention of a fee on either website but he was under contract at Vale, it's described as a permanent transfer on the Vale website, permanent signing on ours. They seem to have allowed him to leave after signing a midfielder on loan from Brighton for the rest of the season. Given he wasn't catching their team presumably if a fee was involved it was nominal. But a good question to ask someone who might know.

Think it may have been one of those deals where because his contract was up at the end of the season he was allowed to leave early. Sometimes those deals involve a fee, think we paid one for Rhys Murphy in similar circumstances, but may not do if the player isn’t catching the team.