With six recognised strikers as well as the promising duo promoted from the youths there will be plenty of competition for places in that area of the pitch come the season start;

Reid

Nuttall 

Fondop

Willoughby 

Hope

Luamba

Moore 

Forshaw 

You could even throw Green in to the mix in a front three wide right, be interesting to see the various pairings come preseason and how they gel, not sure where some of those fit in but we seem to have a decent group there who will hopefully bag a shit load between them, I'm excited to see Reid/Willoughby as a two they could terrorise some of the plodders we played against last season.

16 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

With six recognised strikers as well as the promising duo promoted from the youths there will be plenty of competition for places in that area of the pitch come the season start;

Reid

Nuttall 

Fondop

Willoughby 

Hope

Luamba

Moore 

Forshaw 

You could even throw Green in to the mix in a front three wide right, be interesting to see the various pairings come preseason and how they gel, not sure where some of those fit in but we seem to have a decent group there who will hopefully bag a shit load between them, I'm excited to see Reid/Willoughby as a two they could terrorise some of the plodders we played against last season.

Not sure I recognise Hope or Luamba as strikers.  The former averages a goal every five games during his career and on the (admittedly few) times I've watched Luamba play he's looked way short of first team level.

20 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Reid

Nuttall 

Fondop

Willoughby 

Hope

Luamba

Moore 

Forshaw 

As one top scout once told me, it's all right having strikers, but they need players to supply them.

I would be very surprised if Fondop and or Hope are still here come August?

Either of them could probably make the bench at best and then you have to factor in Tollitt too.

Hopefully there will be one or two of them leaving next month and their contract extensions could possibly have been sanctioned with the idea of receiving a small fee?

21 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Reid

Nuttall 

Fondop

Willoughby 

Hope

Luamba

Moore 

Forshaw 

I'll be surprised if Nuttall is still here next season 

Just now, oafc1955 said:

Either of them could probably make the bench at best and then you have to factor in Tollitt too.

Hopefully there will be one or two of them leaving next month and their contract extensions could possibly have been sanctioned with the idea of receiving a small fee?

And them 3 as well 😊

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

Almost certainly a few more transfers in and out, you may be correct about both, particularly if a decent bid is made.

I like Mike Fondop, he is a character, capable of causing all kinds of problems and weighed in with a decent goal tally last season.

That said, I dont think he is first, second or third pick for David Unsworth in his front three.

Mike needs to give himself the very best chance, be fully fit from the start of the season this time, stop giving the ref an easy decision to send him off, take his chances when he does come on as sub.

The first team improved significantly through the course of last season, not least in having bigger, quicker and more powerful players in key areas.

Clearly need to add quality and guile in midfield to be a credible promotion prospect, although we did manage to rattle in a good number of goals in the second half of the season, which I didn't expect to happen back in January.

2 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Fondop only signed a new contract a few months ago and I doubt it was a Jose Baxter style “someone wants you give us 6 months and we can at least get some money for you”

I do see him as a squad player/impact sub player only though.

id like to see Reid, Nuttall up top with Willoughby slightly behind

i say this having never seen Willoughby kick a ball though 

3 minutes ago, OAFCLongsuffeting said:

Fondop only signed a new contract a few months ago and I doubt it was a Jose Baxter style “someone wants you give us 6 months and we can at least get some money for you”

I do see him as a squad player/impact sub player only though.

id like to see Reid, Nuttall up top with Willoughby slightly behind

i say this having never seen Willoughby kick a ball though 

Fondop - very good impact player 😃

3 hours ago, League one forever said:

Of course- but the better strikers still bag off one or two chances in a tight game. 

Do you think Haaland good as he is would score as many without De Bruyne assists?

30 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Do you think Haaland good as he is would score as many without De Bruyne assists?

Why are we after him??  ☺️

To be honest he would score plenty whoever played in midfield as his only weakness in his game is heading.

Obviously the better class of teammate you have the easier it is to play, in any position.

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Or Silva or Mahrez or Grealish or Foden. They have a multitude of creative players which means that they create a huge array of chances,  which means all Haaland has to do is play centrally and the chances will eventually come to him.

We were very clinical in the second half of last season, I would have been fairly confident of a promotion push with our forward options even if we didn't add Willoughby in. 

While yarddog73 has listed 8 potential options in reality its probably going to be 4 that are the forward line. Hope is likely to be in midfield assuming he's here. It seems Luamba isn't in Unsworths plans. The other 2 can, and probably should be given more time to develop through youth team/B team games or even be sent out on loan should it be right for them to do so.

So that leaves Nuttall Willoughby Reid and Fondop. It's going to be interesting to see what is tried in preseason personally I think we will most likely start with Willoughby and Nuttall with the 2 others occupying the bench. Fondop is an explosive player and suits coming off the bench he could have a huge impact by doing so. but that could change as the season progresses. 

If we get the right combination of players behind them  providing the chances and controlling games, then it's quite possible we could see not just 1 but 2 of them bagging over 20 in the coming season.

Edited by GlossopLatic

1 hour ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Why are we after him??  ☺️

To be honest he would score plenty whoever played in midfield as his only weakness in his game is heading.

Obviously the better class of teammate you have the easier it is to play, in any position.

I'll take a striker who is so weak at heading that he has scored 7 or 8 in a season with his head.. 

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Didn't do badly without de Bruyne at Molde, RB Salzburg or  B Dortmund! 

Do take the point though BP about better service, more chances.

3 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I’m not disputing that, and to use a team as good city who create at least 10 chances a game isn’t reflective of non league. 

In non league our strikers might get two good chances created for them they might get none, so it’s important they capitalise on other chances (by their own work/mistakes by the oppo) by being clinical.