Unsworth Out

1 hour ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

14 wins in 48 now. 29% win ratio

Not exactly championship winning stuff is it

We're not set up to challenge, let alone get anywhere near winning it outright,

More of doing the usual of having to look over our shoulders and so the journey continues.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Do people genuinely believe that David Unsworth is currently under no pressure from the board right now.

I know Frank gave his speech yesterday as he does like to addressing the people, telling us to get behind the manager. But if you were him right now would you be coming out and saying openly that he's got a month to turn this round otherwise he's gone. Knowing full well that he's surrounded by people with phones and camera's so that anything like this would be on social media and around the world within seconds.

I don't believe for one minute that if this form continues that they won't sack him. Their patience won't be inexhaustible certainly not when you consider the outlay they have put out. 

Don't forget 12 months ago they were saying we have no money to spend on transfers. Since then we've probably been on the biggest spending spree since Chris Moore's time as owner.

What is said to the media and the masses should be very different to what is said in private. That's true in the boardroom and the dressing room.

Who knows??

If there was doubts in the board's mind, why did Frank need to make that speech?  It wasn't just the dreaded "vote of confidence" - it was a ringing endorsement!  Keeping council would have been the sensible move.  It's going to be a hell of a U-turn now, if he does sack him in a month..

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Do people genuinely believe that David Unsworth is currently under no pressure from the board right now.

I know Frank gave his speech yesterday as he does like to addressing the people, telling us to get behind the manager. But if you were him right now would you be coming out and saying openly that he's got a month to turn this round otherwise he's gone. Knowing full well that he's surrounded by people with phones and camera's so that anything like this would be on social media and around the world within seconds.

I don't believe for one minute that if this form continues that they won't sack him. Their patience won't be inexhaustible certainly not when you consider the outlay they have put out. 

Don't forget 12 months ago they were saying we have no money to spend on transfers. Since then we've probably been on the biggest spending spree since Chris Moore's time as owner.

What is said to the media and the masses should be very different to what is said in private. That's true in the boardroom and the dressing room.

The upcoming run of fixtures should mean we’ll get results to climb the table. I look at the next eight games and we have to get a minimum of 16/17 points, and when you look who we have to play we really should do.

If we don’t then who knows, but we’ll pick up enough points to keep him safe for a while.

We’ll probably be nowhere where we need to be or should be, but sniffing around the bottom end of the playoffs will keep a good few happy and him in the manager’s seat.

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

We've got a great squad apparently so that can't be the reason.

We've the biggest wage bill so going by the theory you usually chuck out we should be pissing the league, or is there no direct correlation between crowds/finance and success in the NL.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

We've the biggest wage bill so going by the theory you usually chuck out we should be pissing the league, or is there no direct correlation between crowds/finance and success in the NL.

Certainly helps but you still have to spend it on the right ones in the right positions...

after that speech yesterday every single time a person says sack him they are non fungibly spitting on Franks glasses.

every person saying yesterday was the same bollocks and ignoring the irony at that at 2-1 we should have reverted to Rhinoball to see out the win and booooooing or shitposting about it is harming the club. don't bother hiding behind constructive criticism bc lve literally constructively criticised in this para. so don't say it, waste of time, youre falling victim to confirmation bias bc in reality we drew a tough away match.

Frank has asked you have a good look at yourselves please. not me. not matt dean. not sexy dave bradley. not Zendy. but FRANK.

sorry for shouting.

9 minutes ago, Steve_R said:

The upcoming run of fixtures should mean we’ll get results to climb the table. I look at the next eight games and we have to get a minimum of 16/17 points, and when you look who we have to play we really should do.

If we don’t then who knows, but we’ll pick up enough points to keep him safe for a while.

We’ll probably be nowhere where we need to be or should be, but sniffing around the bottom end of the playoffs will keep a good few happy and him in the manager’s seat.

yes we can not be where we are now in a month if we want to win the league.

4 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

after that speech yesterday every single time a person says sack him they are non fungibly spitting on Franks glasses.

every person saying yesterday was the same bollocks and ignoring the irony at that at 2-1 we should have reverted to Rhinoball to see out the win and booooooing or shitposting about it is harming the club. don't bother hiding behind constructive criticism bc lve literally constructively criticised in this para. so don't say it, waste of time, youre falling victim to confirmation bias bc in reality we drew a tough away match.

Frank has asked you have a good look at yourselves please. not me. not matt dean. not sexy dave bradley. not Zendy. but FRANK.

sorry for shouting.

Sorry Monty but I don’t agree with the speech that Frank gave. I love what Frank has done for this club, he literally saved us and we are so so fortunate. 

That doesn’t mean he’s exempt from criticism. I suspect a conversation will be had between the board about that speech because it’s now put them in a very difficult position moving forward. It was absolutely the wrong thing to do. 

I have seen enough of Unsworth and watched about 90% of the games. I’ve come to the conclusion he’s not good enough. A speech from Frank won’t change my mind or make me want to give him more time. Talk is cheap, I expect results. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Sorry Monty but I don’t agree with the speech that Frank gave. I love what Frank has done for this club, he literally saved us and we are so so fortunate. 

That doesn’t mean he’s exempt from criticism. I suspect a conversation will be had between the board about that speech because it’s now put them in a very difficult position moving forward. It was absolutely the wrong thing to do. 

I have seen enough of Unsworth and watched about 90% of the games. I’ve come to the conclusion he’s not good enough. A speech from Frank won’t change my mind or make me want to give him more time. Talk is cheap, I expect results. 

Just to add to this. 

If he really wanted us to back him. Then call a fans forum with the main supporters group and have the matter/ speech presented at that. 

Not in the away stand with about 400 pissed up Oldham fans. 

I am not advocating for the above. He should have just kept quiet. 

Edited by LightDN123
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, LightDN123 said:

Just to add to this. 

If he really wanted us to back him. Then call a fans forum with the main supporters group and have the matter/ speech presented at that. 

Not in the away stand with about 400 pissed up Oldham fans. 

I am not advocating for the above. He should have just kept quiet. 

he cant keep quiet he's got a plan and the fans arent all beiing the supporters he needs to fulfill his plan.

1 minute ago, LightDN123 said:

As far as I can see his plan is to trust DR to make footballing decisions. So far, it’s been a shambles. 

hmmmm. l'd have to disagree based on the decent players in the squad and again l'd have to zero in on 'shambles' and smash fuck out of it.

l'd call it mediocre, below average, tepid et cetera. but if you pour cold water on tepid stuff it gets colder. if you put a burner to it it warms up.

THAT is his current plan and he is begging you to give his agenda a nudge in the right direction.

can you bring yourself to do it? for him. not for me or the happyclappers or the starving children. for him. Frank Rothwell. ThevSaviour.

5 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

hmmmm. l'd have to disagree based on the decent players in the squad and again l'd have to zero in on 'shambles' and smash fuck out of it.

l'd call it mediocre, below average, tepid et cetera. but if you pour cold water on tepid stuff it gets colder. if you put a burner to it it warms up.

THAT is his current plan and he is begging you to give his agenda a nudge in the right direction.

can you bring yourself to do it? for him. not for me or the happyclappers or the starving children. for him. Frank Rothwell. ThevSaviour.

I totally understand the sentiment Monty, but we are no different to any other club. You can have the best owner in the world- but if the team isn’t winning fans aren’t happy. It’s just the way it is. Eventually they’ll do one of two things, the Partisan will boo and chant Unsworth out the more sedate will just stop going. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I totally understand the sentiment Monty, but we are no different to any other club. You can have the best owner in the world- but if the team isn’t winning fans aren’t happy. It’s just the way it is. Eventually they’ll do one of two things, the Partisan will boo and chant Unsworth out the more sedate will just stop going. 

oh lno. lve just never been begged at by a millionnaire whom l respect (which is rare AF for starters) before and l didnt like it.

Edited by Monty Burns
whom

10 hours ago, penrhyn said:

TNT said it was a very entertaining game . Is entertainment more important than results . We are all different some want a win at all costs ,whilst some people  demand champagne football. Gateshead made me laugh, imagine trying to play that stupid Kewellsque out from the back crap in front of 8k at BP. TNT soon stopped spouting how good the keeper was on the ball after he had made a few errors. We had obviously done our homework  on them . Thought Hobson was excellent, and Green , Never a red card on Shelton , Sutton will be a good player for us eventually but he is no full back and cost us the second goal. Think we are still lacking in midfield . But overall unluck not to come away with all three points.

Yeah the results are obviously important, but what I was getting at was there have been a lot of games under DU where we haven't been entertained, and haven't even come close to taking something from the game either 

It wasn't pretty in the most part,  but again like Chesterfield we should have won on better chances created. That's even given if their number 9 scores the 2 he should have. 

So on that basis,  it's improving.

On the plus side,  Shelton doesn't start next game. 

Edited by Lags
  • Like 1