The Next Oldham Manager

7 hours ago, League one forever said:

3 of them produced the same result 

One didn’t. 

He played the 3 that didn’t 80% of the time. 

He played the one that worked 20% of time and then ditched it. 

All the formations produced the same type of performance. 

The original point was- he listened to fans and didn’t go out on his sword.

I think that’s nonsense. He had a style, aka - Rhinoball; every performance was the same, and the only time the results changed was in a formation he didn’t want to play. He got sacked for because his preferred style of play couldn’t generate results. 

I don't necessarily buy this. there were plenty of times he played 442 and we were shit. Formation isn't the main thing, or anywhere near

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I don't necessarily buy this. there were plenty of times he played 442 and we were shit. Formation isn't the main thing, or anywhere near

Yep, it’s more a case of when were we the least shit. (442) But were poor in nearly every game- which is also motivation, man management, ability to change a game. 

Thompson played 442 on Tuesday by the way. 

Probably had nothing to do with it though. . 😁

2 hours ago, League one forever said:

Yep, it’s more a case of when were we the least shit. (442) But were poor in nearly every game- which is also motivation, man management, ability to change a game. 

Thompson played 442 on Tuesday by the way. 

Probably had nothing to do with it though. . 😁

More to do with the get the ball out wide quickly and get it in the box approach. Could do that with most formations tbf

1 hour ago, LaticMark said:

According to Suzanne Geldard in the Oldham Times: "Latics are understood to have been flooded with applications for the Boundary Park hotseat."

As long as none of them have any links to Everton

We should be able to navigate our way up the table 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LaticMark said:

According to Suzanne Geldard in the Oldham Times: "Latics are understood to have been flooded with applications for the Boundary Park hotseat."

Thing about floods is sometimes the sewage pops up , crude i know but as long as the board are aware 

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Defo, I’d play Dicky, Lundy, and Gardner as my midfield three in that shape. 

harsh dropping anybody and Sheron when hes allowed to tackle actually contributes massively to the team. if hes only allowed to jockey in a La Liga styleee then yeah leave him out.

5 hours ago, LaticMark said:

Yes ,if your offered a 3 year contract and allowed to lose most of 50 games as well as playing crap football then even I might apply!No wonder there is a huge interest.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

Yes ,if your offered a 3 year contract and allowed to lose most of 50 games as well as playing crap football then even I might apply!No wonder there is a huge interest.

Unso didn't lose most of his games but cool comment Diggle. 

Being sacked would indicate that he wasn't allowed to be as shit as he was however.