• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

Looks like his lad had a bad knock at the weekend.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68273991

Did sound like a bad one. Good job the doc just ran on.

This new thing where players get a mandatory minimum of 30 seconds off the pitch to get treatment has meant occasions where a ref has assessed head injuries and agreed with the injured player that he does not need the physio or doctor to assess him.  That really should not/cannot happen as they are not trained to do so.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pidge said:

Did sound like a bad one. Good job the doc just ran on.

This new thing where players get a mandatory minimum of 30 seconds off the pitch to get treatment has meant occasions where a ref has assessed head injuries and agreed with the injured player that he does not need the physio or doctor to assess him.  That really should not/cannot happen as they are not trained to do so.

I've not seen that watching Oldham. Any hint of a head injury and the Refs usually (and quite rightly) stop the game. It is a great way to time waste and I imagine we'll see a lot of it tomorrow when Boring Wood are hanging on for the inevitable 1 nil win...

Edited by TwistingMyMellon

1 hour ago, TwistingMyMellon said:

I've not seen that watching Oldham. Any hint of a head injury and the Refs usually (and quite rightly) stop the game. It is a great way to time waste and I imagine we'll see a lot of it tomorrow when Boring Wood are hanging on for the inevitable 1 nil win...

nah. smash these tomoro season starts lets go

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TwistingMyMellon said:

Maybe you are looking for different things then me. I can assure you there have been occasions when players went down with head injuries, the ref, yes, stopped the game and having spoke to the player allowed the game to restart.

So far no harm done but the facts are that a player with a more serious head injury and confusion, will often say they are fine and want to carry on.