Let's wait and see Personally  I liked his first speech which was imo both honest and its obvious he won't suffer fools gladly or have  his favourites despite lack of form

Edited by Flemboy
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Sparkleking said:

I think most managers sound good in their first interview.  They all churn out the things that supporters want to hear.  I even remember thinking Darren Kelly's first interview was good.  Shows what I know.

I was impressed by Unsworth’s first interview. Saying nowt.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sparkleking said:

I think most managers sound good in their first interview.  They all churn out the things that supporters want to hear.  I even remember thinking Darren Kelly's first interview was good.  Shows what I know.

Yep. Even that City tit Keith Curle came across well initially. Proof will be what he churns out on the pitch...

• Like 1

I think the difference this time is we know the successful candidate has a wealth of experience both on the playing and managerial side of things. I remember being distinctly underwhelmed by the appointment of Unsworth and never thought Thompson, as well as he did, would become manager. So many times in the past we have seen appointments which were risky, bewildering and sometimes the obviously cheap option.

He appears to know his stuff and what he wants. I am confident he will give the team a playing identity and whether or not it proves successful, we will have to wait and see. Unsworth proved pretty quickly he wasn't manager material, the club persisted too long and it may well have cost another season in the NL. I think we need to be patient, which is easier said than done if results don't come but underneath it all, I feel we have a proper manager at the helm at last.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Sparkleking said:

it really, really wasnt!!!!!

11 hours ago, penrhyn said:

Some of you may find this interesting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpYqrQStT00&ab_channel=ChristieScanlon

why thank you very much, thats my next 47minutes covered!!!

Some of you may find this interesting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpYqrQStT00&ab_channel=ChristieScanlon

lm not spamming l jus wana get some thoughts down before they slide away.

very intelligent, will be able to read people from across rooms and the like. should know how far to push a ref before subbing somebody.

think he supports Celtic. nothing exactly wrong in that, just if he glorifies cowardly murderers keep it inside your mellon please!!

'streetsmarts' my Gran was a very big fan of these and they also seem to fearure heavily in his character.

respect. he understands its a two way street within its foundations no room for any mistakes. laugh on sarurday night if you win on sarurday afternoon otherwise get that fuckin grin off your face unless The Boss has got one on his.

evoltion of philosophy. needs no elaboration.

'its all about the Players'. oh fuck. oh fuck yes it is.

exciting times 21mins in, l dont look for negatives they usually blare at me. l might go and have a sniff around if he carries on being this good to be true.

that was absolutely brilliant l'm so excited right now, can't wait for saturday!!

l've literally come back to jizz a bit more.

expectations are thru the roof now.

4 hours ago, dannyboy55555 said:

I feel this thread might last a while so please please can we correct the title??

yano like l spend most of my time on here coming accross as SuperTwat??

l so wanted to say what you said 🤣🤣🤣

lve also just realised how easy it would be to assume lve just called you supertwat!!!!!

l really didn't mean to and please accept this spam as both a sign of my growth as an internet troll and also clarification l do not think you are SuperTwat. thats me.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

lve also just realised how easy it would be to assume lve just called you supertwat!!!!!

l really didn't mean to and please accept this spam as both a sign of my growth as an internet troll and also clarification l do not think you are SuperTwat. thats me.

We all knew who was the "supertwat" Monty.  😁

• Like 1

Very impressed with the 2 interviews with the new gaffer. Yes, we've all seen the initial interviews with new managers but to me, this seems very different. It wasn't the usual sound bites that all managers roll out, this was a genuine guy who has learnt his trade and is still looking to learn and improve. I've always felt football management is way more than just about football, yes you need decent coaches on board but the actual manager needs to manage all the different personalities within his squad, motivate them, bring all the different departments within a football club, including fans, together in order to succeed. In many ways, you don't really need that much football experience if you have the right coaches around you. It's why people like Mourinho and Wenger were so successful. The greatest of them all, Ferguson, would have excelled in any industry in a management position because he led by example and was the greatest man manager i've ever seen. It is all about winning and having that winning mentality, let's hope Mellon can instil it into this squad. I'm sure given the same amount of time and backing Unsworth got he will assemble a squad of winners and ultimately get us back in the EFL and potentially further up the pyramid than League 2. I was a bit meh initially about his appointment but in all honesty I didn't know that much about him, i'm now genuinely excited about this guy and what he can bring to the club.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PeteG said:

Very impressed with the 2 interviews with the new gaffer. Yes, we've all seen the initial interviews with new managers but to me, this seems very different. It wasn't the usual sound bites that all managers roll out, this was a genuine guy who has learnt his trade and is still looking to learn and improve. I've always felt football management is way more than just about football, yes you need decent coaches on board but the actual manager needs to manage all the different personalities within his squad, motivate them, bring all the different departments within a football club, including fans, together in order to succeed. In many ways, you don't really need that much football experience if you have the right coaches around you. It's why people like Mourinho and Wenger were so successful. The greatest of them all, Ferguson, would have excelled in any industry in a management position because he led by example and was the greatest man manager i've ever seen. It is all about winning and having that winning mentality, let's hope Mellon can instil it into this squad. I'm sure given the same amount of time and backing Unsworth got he will assemble a squad of winners and ultimately get us back in the EFL and potentially further up the pyramid than League 2. I was a bit meh initially about his appointment but in all honesty I didn't know that much about him, i'm now genuinely excited about this guy and what he can bring to the club.

you seen the 47min marathon one?

12 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

yano like l spend most of my time on here coming accross as SuperTwat??

l so wanted to say what you said 🤣🤣🤣

Flowery

• Ackey changed the title to Micky Mellon
On 10/18/2023 at 10:58 AM, Bobledgersheart said:

We all knew who was the "supertwat" Monty.  😁

was??

l've defo grown as a person but lm shill keepin that badge!!

found out last week lve either got early onset alzheimers or post concussion syndrome. mix that with the Aspergers and lots of sfuff makes more sense!!!!!