15 hours ago, diggleblue said:

If I  could understand your posts I might agree. My post was about Mellons so can't understand how cheese comes into this? I suspect your just being provactive instead of following the title of the thread.with your comments.

15 hours ago, diggleblue said:

If I  could understand your posts I might agree. My post was about Mellons so can't understand how cheese comes into this? I suspect your just being provactive instead of following the title of the thread.with your comments.

this is funny. you are clearly very confused and struggle with reading and comprehension. any such misunderstanding l (and everybody else laughing at you) can just put it down to your low IQ and move on.

1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

Agreed. Which is why they (and others) should be rested for the tinpot trophy. Couldn't bear the thought of some non-league clogger breaking Norwood's shin! 

lets hope it doesnt happen in training then!!!!

altho tbf l agree with the sentiment of playing the youth in this comp.

• Like 1

Thought that was a good interview on the radio.

Seems genuine, interests away from the narrow confines of the job.

Straightforward re Nuttall- 'you need first team football and you aren't at the top of my list'

Balanced re goal keepers- 'great to have two need them '

Clear messages to the team- 'perform in the team, be ready if you aren't in the team'

'I'll pick the team I think will win the game'

Not much fluff or BS, avoided obvious own goals.

Think he is building something.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
29 minutes ago, ceskylatic said:

Won 5, Drawn 2, Lost 3 in the league since he took over. 6 of the games against top half sides. 
Lots of room for improvement, but given the opportunity to bring in 2-3 players in January, Mellon will hopefully have us in that top 7.

l dont think we need to hope for it, it's well within reach. not even a reach!

22 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

l dont think we need to hope for it, it's well within reach. not even a reach!

I’ve faith in Mellon, but not in the current set of players to consistently produce week in week out. However, he knows what he needs to take us forward and reach the play-offs.

58 minutes ago, ceskylatic said:

I’ve faith in Mellon, but not in the current set of players to consistently produce week in week out. However, he knows what he needs to take us forward and reach the play-offs.

l'm expecting a signing in CM from the EFL on jan 1st. no insider knowelege or owt, jus do.

that spurs guy would also be decent if we could pull that one off, however unlikely.

3 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

l'm expecting a signing in CM from the EFL on jan 1st. no insider knowelege or owt, jus do.

that spurs guy would also be decent if we could pull that one off, however unlikely.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mellon is focused only on recruiting from the EFL. You would have thought if he really wanted someone in our present orbit he would have gone after them by now, especially for our woeful midfield.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

A ball playing midfielder and a right back/right wing back should be the first couple of players to come in, followed by a proper winger. 
Mellon seems to like the 3-5-2 formation, so a player like the Spurs lad (Bowden?) would be ideal alongside Sheron and Lundstram.

• Like 2

On 12/26/2023 at 10:13 PM, Monty Burns said:

plus our run in looks on the more dificult side, which is what we need to perform!!

But how good will it feel if we beat Dale to cement our playoff spot and also eliminate them from contention.

Think TNT may have already earmarked that game for broadcast.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, League one forever said:

Yep. I’d much prefer that to a run in of sides we ‘should beat’ 

6 hours ago, rudemedic said:

But how good will it feel if we beat Dale to cement our playoff spot and also eliminate them from contention.

Think TNT may have already earmarked that game for broadcast.

indeed. its up to Eminem to work out how we win at home and turn up against the sports centres, but we will do.

just hope our fans can accept a play off loss without a pissboil, excessive booooooooing and some uneccessary scapegoating.

• 2 weeks later...