6 hours ago, b0ndl1ne said:

Well that’s a bit ominous isn’t it @L1onheartNew

@Monty Burns I landed in Sydney a month ago. Doubt I’ll be here come 2025 though as rent is extortionate and we want to buy. Could well be in Adelaide (where I’ll try and ask Ryan Tunnicliffe if he was ever close to signing for us) 

l'm well jel

Just listened to Mellon on the official site and he comes across as being very experienced, sincere and I'm sure the club will be proved right on choosing him

He also talked about a book he's written called the First 100 Days about leadership skills and the proceeds go to help motor neurone disease which a close friend of mine died from when only 40..Anyway here's to a good game this afternoon and our fans/supporters enjoy the match.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

A serious amount of work to do. Anything similar ever again and I expect his P45 to be swiftly handed to him.

That can't, and mustn't, happen ever again.

What, and we go through the management-merry-go-round yet again?
Are you fucking nuts?

You'd think it was life and death the way you react.

It's football.
Grow up.

• Like 10

On 10/21/2023 at 2:16 PM, TheBigDog said:

He’s going to continue working as Sporting Director for New Saints FC 😮 what’s that all about? 

Hopefully, he will bring half of their top of the league team here, they can't be any worse.

11 hours ago, GKing521 said:

A serious amount of work to do. Anything similar ever again and I expect his P45 to be swiftly handed to him.

That can't, and mustn't, happen ever again.

Agree apart from the P45 bit. I expect one or two thrashings over the coming months because our squad has a soft underbelly. Plenty of quality there so we'll rinse one or two teams too. I'm sure a manager who's got five promotions under his belt can see we don't have many players who can put a firm tackle in. I'm sure, unlike DU, he'll remedy this when players who have become available.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Agree apart from the P45 bit. I expect one or two thrashings over the coming months because our squad has a soft underbelly. Plenty of quality there so we'll rinse one or two teams too. I'm sure a manager who's got five promotions under his belt can see we don't have many players who can put a firm tackle in. I'm sure, unlike DU, he'll remedy this when players who have become available.

I hope you’re right because that was appalling on Tuesday. Worse than any Unsworth game and that’s saying something. There was literally nothing there. Every battle lost, second to every ball, outmanoeuvred, outpaced and out skilled. It’s a good thing they didn’t appear to have anyone particularly left footed because the amount of times they skipped past us down the right wing then cut in almost to an open goal but couldn’t let go with their left foot. 
That really can’t happen again but with some of this lot we currently have I wouldn’t put it past them . 

2 hours ago, LaticsPete said:

Or posted by someone who is starved of affection in real life, so becomes desperate for attention. 
Is it a cry for help? 
😩

dunno but l 100% us this board as therapy! have you noticed l can now leave an argument (and the board)

for 2-3 days 'coolings off' without an official ban?!!!!!!

l did get a richly deserved monitoring recently for openly wishing selective, communal death of a section of the fanbase!! took me a week to realise thats just unacceptable!!

there have been others come thru stuff on here too, l can pick them up thru their writing style changes. or them just open saying it, thats usually a good clue!!

again, thanks to you and everyone and also sorry to everybody for this. you have all (yes ALL even Magister) played a small part in keeping me alive. thanks 

• Like 3

Thinking back to Tuesday I'd be gutted more than anything if I were Mellon that a group you are now managing disrespect you that much early on in your employment that they would effectively fail to turn up for work, after what he said early in his tenure I'd imagine that is as big a slap in the face you could give him and I doubt he will give some of them another chance if that happens again, any winning team never downs tools in that way and it showed real weakness all round, hopefully he's been able to iron out whatever the issue was Tuesday.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Thinking back to Tuesday I'd be gutted more than anything if I were Mellon that a group you are now managing disrespect you that much early on in your employment that they would effectively fail to turn up for work, after what he said early in his tenure I'd imagine that is as big a slap in the face you could give him and I doubt he will give some of them another chance if that happens again, any winning team never downs tools in that way and it showed real weakness all round, hopefully he's been able to iron out whatever the issue was Tuesday.

The sobering thought for me is that as bad as we were, I cannot remember a game where we have been anywhere near as good and as dominant as Fylde were on Tuesday night!

They didn’t just beat us they absolutely murdered us and were so much better than us all over the pitch!

If we really have what has been described as a very decent squad I really don’t know how that could possibly happen.

3 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

The sobering thought for me is that as bad as we were, I cannot remember a game where we have been anywhere near as good and as dominant as Fylde were on Tuesday night!

They didn’t just beat us they absolutely murdered us and were so much better than us all over the pitch!

If we really have what has been described as a very decent squad I really don’t know how that could possibly happen.

We may well have more talented players (off performances we don't know that for sure), what we can certainly say is, we have a squad unwilling or uncapable of leaving it all out there on the pitch. The other possibility is they are leaving it all out there on the pitch it what they perceive is their own position, hence not for the team.

33 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

The reason is most of our players are slow moving and thinking, cant pass a ball, and don't support or cover for each other. Fylde were the opposite, they will overtake us before long unless we sign some dynamic young players.

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

The reason is most of our players are slow moving and thinking, cant pass a ball, and don't support or cover for each other. Fylde were the opposite, they will overtake us before long unless we sign some dynamic young players.

Or we can get Alfie Atherton back from his sensational week at Burscough and start our climb up the division...

• Like 3