The Christmasgate Videos

Can anybody share the Alex Reid video going around on social media, I've tried but it wont allow due to the size of the file. Looks like Reid, Norwood and Raglan questioning why they are in today, highlights all that is wrong with this entitled group in my opinion. 

They've a chairman currently grafting in the middle of the Atlantic having a bag of crisps for his dinner whose happy to subsidise their wages and an hospital next door where nurses are caring for those who need them on about £15 an hour. I'm not trying to tar them all with the same brush but please try to stay humble, coming across as pretentious and obnoxious are not great traits particularly from average non league footballers.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Can anybody share the Alex Reid video going around on social media, I've tried but it wont allow due to the size of the file. Looks like Reid, Norwood and Raglan questioning why they are in today, highlights all that is wrong with this entitled group in my opinion. 

They've a chairman currently grafting in the middle of the Atlantic having a bag of crisps for his dinner whose happy to subsidise their wages and an hospital next door where nurses are caring for those who need them on about £15 an hour. I'm not trying to tar them all with the same brush but please try to stay humble, coming across as pretentious and obnoxious are not great traits particularly from average non league footballers.

14 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Well said. 

3 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Isn’t it common for footballers to be in on Christmas Day?

Yeah, they do it every year. . 

It’s almost like they’re top of league and feel they don’t need to train for a couple of hours. Instead of being midtable and throwing half arsed performances in. 

We wonder why we start games games slowly. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't begrudge them being given the day off, but being in on CD is part and parcel of being a footballer.

I also don't see the problem with them saying what they said to each other. The biggest issue with it all is the naivety of Reid to think it was wise to post it online. He's a bit of a numpty like that sometimes...

• Like 8

Just now, League one forever said:

Yeah, they do it every year. . 

It’s almost like they’re top of league and feel they don’t need to train for a couple of hours. Instead of being midtable and throwing half arsed performances in. 

We wonder why we start games games slowly. 

Which would suggest they’re just joking rather than putting actual real complaints on social media. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JoeP said:

"Take that down Alex, eh? You know what our fans are like..."

I don't like it for a number of reasons, over reaction?, who knows but I just think it's ill thought and dumb - regardless of what our fans are like, not sure the management team will be too happy about it either seeing as Mellon already goes out of his way to try and protect them.

• Like 1

No doubt it’s a stupid thing to post but I also don’t get what they’re moaning for - being in on for a couple hours on Christmas Day is pretty standard in professional football. 

They’d have as much leeway as they wanted if they’d been even half competent this season but given how they’ve performed, they’re lucky if they’re not in all day. Think fans have a right to be miffed though I can’t say their attitude surprises me.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JoeP said:

"Take that down Alex, eh? You know what our fans are like..."

Yeah, it’s our weirdo fans - that is the issue. . expecting them to be professional, pathetic from us.  And why should we expect that they might just think before they act when they represent a community. 🤦🏻‍♂️

1 minute ago, south east latic said:

No doubt it’s a stupid thing to post but I also don’t get what they’re moaning for - being in on for a couple hours on Christmas Day is pretty standard in professional football. 

They’d have as much leeway as they wanted if they’d been even half competent this season but given how they’ve performed, they’re lucky if they’re not in all day. Think fans have a right to be miffed though I can’t say their attitude surprises me.

Spot on mate. 

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Yeah, it’s our weirdo fans - that is the issue. . expecting them to be professional, pathetic from us.  And why should we expect that they might just think before they act when they represent a community. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Meh, try not to over-think it...

Happy Christmas, all!

25 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Course it is, that's why he's took it down.

It’s still on his Instagram story as far as I can tell. 

It’s obviously meant as a joke. They would have been in today whatever happened against Gateshead. Fans getting knickers in a twist over a bit of bantz. 

35 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I wouldn't begrudge them being given the day off, but being in on CD is part and parcel of being a footballer.

I also don't see the problem with them saying what they said to each other. The biggest issue with it all is the naivety of Reid to think it was wise to post it online. He's a bit of a numpty like that sometimes...

The fact is some don't want to be there, it mirrors how they play during a match.

We might see a few changes tomorrow and some gone in January.