The Christmasgate Videos

1 minute ago, nzlatic said:

It’s still on his Instagram story as far as I can tell. 

It’s obviously meant as a joke. They would have been in today whatever happened against Gateshead. Fans getting knickers in a twist over a bit of bantz. 

It's no joke, some would sooner be elsewhere.

Where's the rallying team spirit after being beaten?

Having seen the video, I wouldn’t personally get too wound up by it. It could just be traditional bleak humour, and not meant to be taken seriously. 
Why on earth anyone would want to film that, let alone go public with it, is another matter. I know we all joke about footballers’ IQs, but dear me!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

It's no joke, some would sooner be elsewhere.

Where's the rallying team spirit after being beaten?

I fully expect a video of Sheron doing the speech from Henry V before the end of the day. 

Happy Christmas everyone! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

It’s still on his Instagram story as far as I can tell. 

It’s obviously meant as a joke. They would have been in today whatever happened against Gateshead. Fans getting knickers in a twist over a bit of bantz. 

Why is it obvious?

It would only be obvious if they were performing week in week out, and it was said taking the piss- as in ‘why do we need to train when we’re top of the league.’ That would actually be funny. 

Trouble is - they’re non of the above. They start every game poorly. I’ve repeatedly questioned their mindset and said too many are coasting on relatively big wages, that video confirms it. And even if it’s joking, it’s still not a great mindset. I’m genuinely baffled why people can’t see that. 

Anyway. 

We’ll see if they’re laughing tomorrow. 

Get a result- it’s will be forgotten as banter. (Reid will probably do another video saying ‘ah you all thought we couldn’t be arsed’) What a jester he is. 

Don’t- and they given themselves an unnecessary stick to beaten with - especially when they’re 11th in division 5. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

The fact is some don't want to be there, it mirrors how they play during a match.

We might see a few changes tomorrow and some gone in January. 

I'd be worried if they did want to be there rather than at home with their families on Christmas Day... but it's part of what you sign up for as a professional footballer, I'm afraid.

Don't begrudge them moaning about it, though - as most of us probably would if we were asked to work on Christmas Day. But a bit naive to post it on social media in the circumstances. 

1 hour ago, south east latic said:

No doubt it’s a stupid thing to post but I also don’t get what they’re moaning for - being in on for a couple hours on Christmas Day is pretty standard in professional football. 

They’d have as much leeway as they wanted if they’d been even half competent this season but given how they’ve performed, they’re lucky if they’re not in all day. Think fans have a right to be miffed though I can’t say their attitude surprises me.

Absolutely, bantz or not after the latest circus performance on Saturday maybe leave the daft vids for another day. 
I’d definitely have them in on Christmas Day but then again would it make any tangible difference with this lot. They just aren’t particularly good. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, OneSizeFitz said:

I'd be worried if they did want to be there rather than at home with their families on Christmas Day... but it's part of what you sign up for as a professional footballer, I'm afraid.

Don't begrudge them moaning about it, though - as most of us probably would if we were asked to work on Christmas Day. But a bit naive to post it on social media in the circumstances. 

In the olden days I worked for British Railways on Christmas day. After cycling 5 miles I got there at 5:30 and made the waiting room fire. It was a pleasure to serve the public. These have no idea.

Edited by BP1960

36 minutes ago, OneSizeFitz said:

I’ve worked more Christmas days and new years than I can remember, proper shifts too. For much less money , zero sympathy for them I’m afraid . Humbug 😂

If you ever played for a team and got sent out to train in bad weather then many a team-mate would say the same thing so it's nothing new and it doesn't necessarily mean they won't put the effort in once they train, but at a professional club the image is everything and it has turned into a bit of a PR disaster.

The club has tried hard to create an affinity with the fans and I am fully on board with everything they are trying to do, but for some reason this has irritated even me and I really shouldn't let it.

I never boo the team but I will definitely be letting them know at Hartlepool the reason why they are there.

27 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

In the olden days I worked for British Railways on Christmas day. After cycling 5 miles I got there at 5:30 and made the waiting room fire. It was a pleasure to serve the public. These have no idea.

Must have been the best part of 60 years ago, because Christmas Day services had all but vanished by the mid-1960s. Times change (though admittedly, not always for the better). 

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

And then went and scouted two matches, spotted five youngsters that went on to play for England, had Christmas dinner with Brian Clough, and wrote three official complaints.

Edited by LaticsPete
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, OneSizeFitz said:

Exactly. Working Christmas Day is one of those things you have to accept if you work in certain employment.

On the list of jobs where working Christmas Day is just one of those things, I'd wager footballer /professional sportsperson is the most desirable.

I'd be interested if Chesterfield were training today. Because I'd think they'd have the day off and that might be the lesson some of our players need to learn. 

3 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Bet you beat kids who moaned about going up chimneys at 5 years old back in the day as well