The Christmasgate Videos

1 hour ago, LaticsPete said:

And then went and scouted two matches, spotted five youngsters that went on to play for England, had Christmas dinner with Brian Clough, and wrote three official complaints.

and wrote the screenplay for The Railway Children..

Edited by TwistingMyMellon
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, TwistingMyMellon said:

and wrote the screenplay for The Railway Children..

Not far off, I've written numerous Wikipedia articles, semi finals in the UK song writing contest, ran fan clubs for a couple of prominent USA musicians, competed in races for charity and met royalty.  I'm now looking for my next venture before I reach  80yo soon.😃

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OneSizeFitz said:

I'd be worried if they did want to be there rather than at home with their families on Christmas Day... but it's part of what you sign up for as a professional footballer, I'm afraid.

Don't begrudge them moaning about it, though - as most of us probably would if we were asked to work on Christmas Day. But a bit naive to post it on social media in the circumstances. 

This the perfect summary.

Just a pity that Reid, so beloved by a section of our fans, is not as wholeheartedly active on the pitch as he is on socials.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, trickyrickyholden said:

Hmm looks to me like Norwood is pissed off at Reid rather than agreeing. 

Thst said it could just be Norwood's resting pissed off face 😐 .

That's exactly what it is. I posted a similar comment on the Twitter hashtag and got a like from the man himself. 

2 hours ago, League one forever said:

We’re back on level terms! 😁

Happy Christmas mate. 

Happy Christmas! We all want the same thing and we need to remember that, me included. I appreciate being able to speak to any Latics fans and can’t wait for us all to have a bloody trip to Wembley or celebrate promotion together. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Canada_latic said:

That's exactly what it is. I posted a similar comment on the Twitter hashtag and got a like from the man himself. 

Not surprised. This lads a winner, some others are here for playing at a big club at our level and deserve the grief they get from our fans. We deserve better 

• Like 1

• Matt changed the title to The Christmasgate Videos
22 hours ago, JoeP said:

Probably is a bit of an overreaction to read much into. It's just #bantz..

Completely. Obviously it’s all a bit tongue in cheek. Obviously it’s probably not thought through very well. Obviously Reid loves his #content.

Wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if Reid just thought fuck it and provided no more dressing room #content which the same fans lap up in a fever when it’s after a win at Alty or Dale. Nor would I blame him.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Completely. Obviously it’s all a bit tongue in cheek. Obviously it’s probably not thought through very well. Obviously Reid loves his #content.

Wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if Reid just thought fuck it and provided no more dressing room #content which the same fans lap up in a fever when it’s after a win at Alty or Dale. Nor would I blame him.

You’re perhaps assuming that Reid can think rationally. Debatable.

• Like 2