MATCH: Bromley (H) 05/03/24

31 minutes ago, aaronoafc said:

2-0 home win. We rarely lose on Tuesday nights, especially at home. 

I’d love someone to do some analysis on Tuesday night results over the last 8 years. 

10 minutes ago, AndyB2 said:

I’d love someone to do some analysis on Tuesday night results over the last 8 years. 

Someone on twitter did the last 12 months and it was played 13, won 8, drawn 3, lost 2. 

Can’t see him changing formation so I guess we’re looking at a few selection choices…

RWB - Sachdev or Sutton

CM - McGahey or Conlon

ST - Norwood or Fondop

23 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Can’t see him changing formation so I guess we’re looking at a few selection choices…

RWB - Sachdev or Sutton

CM - McGahey or Conlon

ST - Norwood or Fondop

RWB is an obvious one with Sutton coming back. 

CM- I feel like Conlon is being shoe horned into the deeper lying midfielder - but I don’t think that’s what he was bought for/ is his best position? I’d stick with MaGahey, he’s done ok the last two games. 

ST - I wouldn’t be surprised if he starts Garner and Fondop again with Nors off the bench. 

4 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Let's hope the crowd is a low turnout, then they won't bottle it! :D 
I think a win for the Latics.

If we do get in the playoffs, and get a home game- do you think the club will arrange a massive screen in the car park to alleviate the pressure on the players. With perhaps cheers being filtered in through the tannoys (if they work) 

6 minutes ago, League one forever said:

If we do get in the playoffs, and get a home game- do you think the club will arrange a massive screen in the car park to alleviate the pressure on the players. With perhaps cheers being filtered in through the tannoys (if they work) 

Haha, could be an option! 

58 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

RWB - Sachdev or Sutton

CM - McGahey or Conlon

ST - Norwood or Fondop

It's going to be a physical encounter Bromley love goals from set pieces and balls into the box so for that reason I'd go big and pick Sutton over Sachdev and Mcgahey over Conlon. I think its likely he will start Norwood over Fondop but if their is any doubt over Norwoods fitness I'd hold him back we have a number of games coming up and we can't afford to lose him for the run in. I also have a feeling he will pick Hogan at RWB bringing Conlon into the centre while Hoga  will do it with 100% commitment for the team because Hogan is that type of player I'd rather we picked a player more suited for the roll.

Edited by GlossopLatic

I thought Hogan did well at RWB on Saturday but not sure if he's got the legs for it every three or four days, might be another chance for Sutton.

Conlon needs to play as does Norwood but it's who to play with them as others have done little wrong.

Tough one, naturally, but I fancy us. Home games against those sides struggling provoke a nervousness around the ground, but the reverse is often the case for sides up the top, so expect a bit of unsaid excitement.

They're about as confused away as we are at home.

3-1 Latics.

Edited by Astro

We thinking Norwood Garner up top? 

If Bromley are cloggers I really think it might be worth throwing Dallas in from the start with his pace and movement, just risky him and Norwood as both probably aren’t fully fit yet. 

Also Garner has been great and is such a nuisance up there. 

They are a big strong team but it would be a mistake to think they're devoid of skill. Although I don't want to see hoof ball I think Fondop has to start to at least allow for targeted long balls into the front two and his arial presence will be useful in our own box too. If we don't play Mike then anything pumped long will just come straight back at us, Webster et al are monsters in the air. Aim has to be play through the lines but Fondop can do that too, unleash Norwood in the second half.  

Halifax boss, Chris Millington, after their defeat to Bromley at the weekend:

"They got the ball forward quickly and go back to front quickly. Then they hit you with the physicality of their team. It is a successful system and today they did what they do better than what we do"

They did have defender Topalloj sent off for dissent, so he will be out tonight.

8 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Halifax boss, Chris Millington, after their defeat to Bromley at the weekend:

"They got the ball forward quickly and go back to front quickly. Then they hit you with the physicality of their team. It is a successful system and today they did what they do better than what we do"

They did have defender Topalloj sent off for dissent, so he will be out tonight.

One of the best players so thats a bonus. Was at that game on Saturday - we need to keep Whiteley and Krauhaus quiet but other than that there is nothing to fear.

48 minutes ago, Hemel latic said:

They are a big strong team but it would be a mistake to think they're devoid of skill. Although I don't want to see hoof ball I think Fondop has to start to at least allow for targeted long balls into the front two and his arial presence will be useful in our own box too. If we don't play Mike then anything pumped long will just come straight back at us, Webster et al are monsters in the air. Aim has to be play through the lines but Fondop can do that too, unleash Norwood in the second half.  

This is a bad idea - get it on the deck and play in behind Webster

38 minutes ago, dannyboy55555 said:

This is a bad idea - get it on the deck and play in behind Webster

I'm not saying lump it up top to Big Mike, I am saying we need his physicality so the well directed long ball remains an option, and also to just put some wear and tear on their defenders before Nors is introduced to finish the job. I suspect Norwood isn't ready for 90 minutes yet so probably a largely academic discussion.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hemel latic said:

I'm not saying lump it up top to Big Mike, I am saying we need his physicality so the well directed long ball remains an option, and also to just put some wear and tear on their defenders before Nors is introduced to finish the job. I suspect Norwood isn't ready for 90 minutes yet so probably a largely academic discussion.

Interesting challenge tonight. Naively, I'm looking forward to it.

Predicting Garner to completely outsmart the big lumps.

8 minutes ago, trickyrickyholden said:

Interesting challenge tonight. Naively, I'm looking forward to it.

Predicting Garner to completely outsmart the big lumps.

I am hoping they will underestimate us after absolutely bossing us at there place. Equally hoping that Micky Mellon's Oldham will be so much more competitive than we were in Unsworth's last game in charge. Feel like we owe them, they took the p1ss at their place. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

I thought Hogan did well at RWB on Saturday but not sure if he's got the legs for it every three or four days, might be another chance for Sutton.

Conlon needs to play as does Norwood but it's who to play with them as others have done little wrong.

Not sure on Conlon - apart from Barnet he's provided nothing and is another who can't run. Hope that's just match fitness and he improves but it's a worry at the minute.