MATCH: Bromley (H) 05/03/24

7 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Sorry wasn’t directing it at any posters, was just a general statement haha. 

We need a win on Saturday or people will panic and meltdown. 

Even if you were I took it as a witty come back :) It made me laugh.

I don't think any of the posters on here who are taking issue with the negativity are overly positive.

We all readily admit some things are bad but we are just trying to get people to stop dwelling on them and them alone. We are trying to say there are positives too which hopefully balance some of it out.

BP is cursed at the moment, we all agree,  so what shall we do? Moan, moan and moan , does it help?

Have a little moan, then talk about the players who did OK, rejoice that it's starting to be easier to get a half-time pint, move on.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Only Blue said:

Even if you were I took it as a witty come back :) It made me laugh.

I don't think any of the posters on here who are taking issue with the negativity are overly positive.

We all readily admit some things are bad but we are just trying to get people to stop dwelling on them and them alone. We are trying to say there are positives too which hopefully balance some of it out.

BP is cursed at the moment, we all agree,  so what shall we do? Moan, moan and moan , does it help?

Have a little moan, then talk about the players who did OK, rejoice that it's starting to be easier to get a half-time pint, move on.

Amen. 

Have we got another thread of moaners moaning about the moaners?, it appears so.

My apologies, I'll try to be more positive in future and appreciative of the fine squad and tactics we've been blessed with this season.

Onwards and upwards as we steam roll our way to Wembley with our progressive, dynamic football sweeping all aside, developing and nurturing our youth and setting the standards as we go.

EI EI EI O, lets pack the park, cheer unconditionally and roar this fine group of men led by our best ever manager to the promotion spot our joyful displays deserve.

You make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know how much I'll miss you so please don't take my Oldham away.

Any news on ST sales yet?, monies waiting here to support the team I love. Can't wait for next season already, I'm going to embrace it wherever we are.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Have we got another thread of moaners moaning about the moaners?, it appears so.

My apologies, I'll try to be more positive in future and appreciative of the fine squad and tactics we've been blessed with this season.

Onwards and upwards as we steam roll our way to Wembley with our progressive, dynamic football sweeping all aside, developing and nurturing our youth and setting the standards as we go.

EI EI EI O, lets pack the park, cheer unconditionally and roar this fine group of men led by our best ever manager to the promotion spot our joyful displays deserve.

You make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know how much I'll miss you so please don't take my Oldham away.

Any news on ST sales yet?, monies waiting here to support the team I love. Can't wait for next season already, I'm going to embrace it wherever we are.

Come on Yardy don't rise to the bait. 

49 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Come on Yardy don't rise to the bait. 

Give over. It’s about balance. 

I’ve just asked him (on a messsge board of opinions) to say what’s he’s enjoying in our best season for years. That’s not winding him up, that’s just what it is. 

What I’m asking isn’t difficult or challenging. He won’t answer. 

We all know we’re not the finished article, we all know we are a tough watch at home. But in the last 3 years we’ve gone- relegation - 12th - currently 5th. We are the 2nd best team away from home, and in with a chance of going up. 

He wanted all the ‘EIEIEO shite’ to stop when we first crept in the playoffs. . why cant we just enjoy a bit of hope? 

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I’ve just asked him (on a messsge board of opinions) to say what’s he’s enjoying in our best season for years. That’s not winding him up, that’s just what it is. 

We all know we’re not the finished article, we all know we are a tough watch at home. But in the last 3 years we’ve gone- relegation - 12th - currently 5th. We are the 2nd best team away from home, and in with a chance of going up. 

He wanted all the ‘EIEIEO shite’ to stop when we first crept in the playoffs. . why cant we just enjoy a bit of hope? 

Was it ever thus, cup half full or half empty. If he thinks it's not a good watch(he'd be right) why wouldn't he call it as this. If your not happy with the negativity just ignore his posts. 

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Ladies and gentlemen, sarcasm at it's very best. Well done yard dog!!!

This is why I love your posts, you take everything to the extreme, there is no middle ground with you, no grey areas.

Bravo 

Oh you've brought season tickets up. I am going to love your take when they announce the new prices, uptake etc. :)

2 hours ago, League one forever said:

You're becoming a bit "McFluffy" by digging at all his posts...

32 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

You're becoming a bit "McFluffy" by digging at all his posts...

😂🤦🏻‍♂️

Fluff has been going one poster for months and months, and he gets personal at times. 

I’ve asked questions of the forum over a couple of days and then later to one person, and never made it personal. 

But if you wanna make up stuff then go nuts. 

A message board of opinions.

We all see things differently, some of us think its dire to watch with no plan or football played at home, with the exception of a few minutes out of 90. Nothing wrong with saying that.

Some think thats fine due to our position and where we have come from as a club in recent years, and the recent ownership nightmare.

Problem is some believe their opinion is the only one that matters.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, League one forever said:

😂🤦🏻‍♂️

Fluff has been going one poster for months and months, and he gets personal at times. 

I’ve asked questions of the forum over a couple of days and then later to one person, and never made it personal. 

But if you wanna make up stuff then go nuts. 

I think you find it hard to comprehend that others have different opinions, if we all thought the same it would be a bit boring wouldn't it. You feel the need to analyse others feelings and emotions which for me  is a bit strange but there you go.

By the way I think this seasons been disappointing, that's just an opinion on a game of football, this isn't directed at you necessarily but comments about me maybe staying away if I can't get excited about it all are just plain stupid, I may well pick and choose next season if things don't improve but that's my choice, I generally don't post to antagonise and it's just my take on it so why do I need to answer to you or explain my thought process?, for me all views are welcome and I know some people probably disagree with a lot about what I say but there will be others who agree. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, League one forever said:

What I’m asking isn’t difficult 

But I'm not really accountable to you am I?, who are you the forum police?, I've gone through some of your posts post match piss poor home performances and our views seem to align, just because I'm not as active on here after a decent away win doesn't make your contribution anymore balanced or worthwhile.

6 hours ago, League one forever said:

For fuck sake let it go, I don't like the song,  neither do I like the 'we are on our way shite' strangely that's my opinion again

8 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

This is the only appropriate sentiment for being on target for our first playoff finish since 2007. 

36 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I think you find it hard to comprehend that others have different opinions

😂😂

if we all thought the same it would be a bit boring wouldn't it.

Yep. 

37 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

By the way I think this seasons been disappointing

Fine. That’s all I was asking 37 posts ago. We disagree, but that’s life. 

38 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I may well pick and choose next season if things don't improve but that's my choice

Absolutely. 

39 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I generally don't post to antagonise and it's just my take on it so why do I need to answer to you or explain

You have strong views, so do I. I’ve never said you need to answer me. I’ve challenged the perception of some fans on this season, you asked- who are these fans. I said you, and wanted to debate it with you. That’s what a forum is for. 

But I'm not really accountable to you am I?

Nope. Never said that. Again, you post strong views, and I strongly disagree. 

38 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I've gone through some of your posts post match piss poor home performances and our views seem to align,

Yes they do! I’m genuinely not having a dig here- but I’ve said at least 5 times on this thread alone- home performances are poor, they are tough watch, and not sustainable in the long term. 

40 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

just because I'm not as active on here after a decent away win doesn't make your contribution anymore balanced or worthwhile

I’d say you are one of the top 3 contributors on here. You’re not an occasional user. If we lose you’re straight on. If have we have a decent away win, you’re admitting you’re ‘not as active’. Each to their own I suppose. 

Last word from me on this. 

This is tedious now, as I’m sure you and the rest of the board would agree. I’ll swerve your posts for a bit. If you’re going Saturday. Enjoy the game. 👍🏻

• Like 2

We all have choices and I chose not to attend for the second home game running because I have not been enjoying it. It was the 2nd lowest home league attendance of the season on Tuesday @ 5538 so looks like quite a few others are in the same boat despite our relatively lofty league position. It's an interesting (worrying?) fact and surely is evidence that home performances do matter? People want to see some semblance of something resembling decent football and it's not been evident at home. I came back into the fold for the Woking game and we've won one in 5 home games since then. Much of the football has been appalling. You can't argue with that. Equally, I accept MM's away form has been great.

Looking at the arguments on here, I think one worth thinking about is this. If the home and away form was reversed, home attendances would be better. Cash flow would be improved and that is better for the club. When you are building for the future you have to bring the fans along with you. That's not currently happening, so it's hard to fully accept the "points (wherever they may be won) is all that matters" stance.

Edited by spanishfly
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, spanishfly said:

Looking at the arguments on here, I think one worth thinking about is this. If the home and away form was reversed, home attendances would be better. Cash flow would be improved and that is obviously better for the club. When you are building for the future you have to bring the fans along with you. That's not currently happening, so it's hard to fully accept the "points (wherever they may be won) is all that matters" stance.

If we go up- not one person will say- I’m pissed off we didn’t win more at home. 

If, more likely we don’t go up this year. I completely agree, and said exactly the same the other day. Home form and performances will have to improve next season. There’s no doubt about that. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, spanishfly said:

We all have choices and I chose not to attend for the second home game running because I have not been enjoying it. It was the 2nd lowest home league attendance of the season on Tuesday @ 5538 so looks like quite a few others are in the same boat, despite our relatively lofty league position. It's an interesting (worrying?) fact and surely evidences that home performances do matter? People want to see some semblance of something resembling half-decent football and it's not been evident at home. I came back into the fold for the Woking game and we've one one in 5 home games since. Much of the football has been appalling. You can't argue with that. Equally, I accept MM's away form has been great.

Looking at the arguments on here, I think one worth thinking about is this. If the home and away form was reversed, home attendances would be better. Cash flow would be improved and that is obviously better for the club. When you are building for the future you have to bring the fans along with you. That's not currently happening, so it's hard to fully accept the "points (wherever they may be won) is all that matters" stance.

I'm a bit flabbergasted that anyone doesn't appreciate the last two home games. 

OK I accept the quality isn't great, but I think we have seen a team really stand up to the task at hand, be rock solid and really seem to care about trying (and unfortunately falling short) of winning games of football.

If you can't find any joy at all in the last 2 games, how on earth have you stuck with it for the last 5 years???

I honestly think some fans are so messed by the shit we've had had to endure that they aren't able to see the wood from the trees.

Please Spanishfly and other like you. Stick with it. You don't deserve the destination, if you can't stomach the journey. 

Please don't take this overly personally although I did directly quote you 🙂

• Like 2

• Matt unfeatured this topic