MATCH: Bromley (H) 05/03/24

Scrappy, frustrating game. Ref blew up a lot. They’re a well organised side but sums up the state of the league this year that they’re 2nd. 

Sachdev much improved on previous showings. Overall what frustrates me about our play is still the lack of desire of midfielders for the ball. We have wide players double marked but no one looking to get into the spaces that must leave. And Conlon is still puzzling me. Even if he is still feeling his way back from injury he doesn’t play with the same sort of swagger and confidence that the likes of Norwood and Garner who’ve also dropped down. 

Main positive - still not seeing anything to fear from the other play off teams so we’re still in with a great shout as far as I’m concerned. 

Edited by nzlatic
  • Like 2

Awful game of football, five at the back and McGahey in front, Unsworth would of been lynched. 

Norwood, Kitching (again), Conlon, McGahey all poor for me and should be offering so much more, Dallas looks a shadow of the player from last season and I can't remember him having one meaningful contribution in the minutes he's played. 

It's just largely negative, turgid shite from a team full of limited footballers more bothered about diving and shithousery than playing football, crowd down again despite us sitting in the play offs, hardly surprising given the borefest I've just witnessed. Had a good 15 and that was that. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Never expected a 0-0. Might have been a tough watch but at least it's not a loss, as per the usual outcome of these insanely turgid home games.

True but still a poor result given we also only got 1 point on Saturday. Playoff place now looking fragile and especially given upcoming fixtures.

Our home form is nothing short of pathetic. Suspect if we do make make the play offs it will be with the lowest home points tally in history.

Perhaps we should scruff up the pitch..

We have no identity.

I have no idea what our aim is during a game.

Other than just kicking the ball there is a severe lack of wide play, balls into the box, link up from midfield to attack and very little quality on the ball.

On paper a good point but woeful to watch.

In 5th position and we look clueless.

• Like 5

Latics like a pub team, just kick/ head the ball as far as possible without any composure. Nearly all the throw ins go down the line to the opposition. Utterly frustrating to watch. Effort without effect.

• Like 6

It’s such a shame that the home form and the confusion around various players and squad size etc is making what should have been an exciting playoff chase feel like a mid table trudge. 

MM really has done a poor job with the home tactics and the club has done a terrible job of promoting away games where we are actually very good. No feckin mention of Aldershot, we should be taking a thousand to that now but suspect it’ll be the usual 450 or so. The club don’t seem to have any interest in away games which I assume is a financial decision.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Lags said:

MM has 9 more games to get it sorted before the play offs

I'm not confident of a win against Aldershot, they are on form, so a draw would probably be a good result. But, this is Latics..

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

Without Green offering width we look so, so limited and incapable of taking it to teams. 

It's the typical Latics misfortune that seems to dog us with player injuries. Must be a hell of a lot of dead black cats around the ground. 

3 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Not hopeful tonight, set up for 0-0

10/1 for a slice of mellonball.

Not a good night for the 

'Tuesday night lads' or the 'We play better against the better team' lads.

Scrappy long ball game that seemed to suit them more than us. We really didn't create much at all in the second half - or maybe they didn't allow us to play?

I'll take a point but another average home display. 

That was so shit. 

First 20 minutes we where decent but both teams should have scored. After that, abysmal. 

Not sure how Hammond didn’t get on. 

McGahey is legit horrendous. 

Would have left Garner on.

We are too slow, at everything.

Sachdev was good. 

• Like 2

Just now, TheBigDog said:

Scrappy long ball game that seemed to suit them more than us. We really didn't create much at all in the second half - or maybe they didn't allow us to play?

I'll take a point but another average home display. 

I would love to see an average home display because imo that was well below average.

I think the word average is being very kind to the team and MM

• Like 2

How shit was Kitching tonight, what's wrong with him? He runs like a 60 year old and just stares at the ball like he has no interest half of the time. Weird his slump in form, he plays like he's after a move.

Truth is we should have won that. Their keeper made two good saves (the second was a great save down to his left). I don’t recall them testing ours. 

Not sure we would have deserved it mind.

Kitching continues to drive me mad… he’s a shadow of his previous self. Why? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

How shit was Kitching tonight, what's wrong with him? He runs like a 60 year old and just stares at the ball like he has no interest half of the time. Weird his slump in form, he plays like he's after a move.

I thought I’d seen on Twitter/X he’s Reid’s mate and since his suspension he’s dropped off. Not sure if true or not but his form since Xmas has been nowhere near what first half of season was