MATCH: Halifax Town (A) 12/03/24

6 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

Off then? Inspection over 24 hours before the KO. Doesn't look good. 

It doesn't look good. 

I mean I've booked match tickets, train tickets, hotel (non-refundable) AND manipulated work commitments to go the match, but the lads deserve a decent surface for their cultured style, so I'd be happy with the decision...

• Like 2

If off more time in training for MM to perfect his 7 at the back and encourage the players to constantly hoof the ball into touch rather than straight to the opposition.

The logic is if we keep the ball from being in play for 80 minutes there's less chance of conceding goals.

That's what Baldtick told me was his cunning plan anyway.😉

59 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

If off more time in training for MM to perfect his 7 at the back and encourage the players to constantly hoof the ball into touch rather than straight to the opposition.

The logic is if we keep the ball from being in play for 80 minutes there's less chance of conceding goals.

That's what Baldtick told me was his cunning plan anyway.😉

He keeps saying he’s not telling them to play that way so it’s a little puzzling to say the least. They’ve hoofed it in just about every game I’ve seen, both  home & away!

52 minutes ago, Hemel latic said:

I've seen the pitch on twitter, doesn't look fit for professional football (cue gagsmiths).

Fit enough for the rugby to churn it up though.

4 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

This is when sharing a pitch goes horribly wrong. If the next five are called off and then the surface is destroyed for the rest of the season. Is that one match worth it?

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Let's have it right. Pack horses could thunder round on it all day and it'll still be fit for a rugby match. Not sure what your point is on this, they're incomparable games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Fit enough for the rugby to churn it up though . . .

. . . with a game on the Sunday, where FC Halifax also had a home game the day before.

Don't forget, we also need a good surface for our free-flowing pass along the ground style of football!

😉

Bloody he'll. 60 years ago, when I was a lad, that would have been a great surface to play on . And would more than likely have produced a cracking game, complete with wintergreen ( ask yer dad ), blood, snot, and crunching tackles. And everyone would have been so full of mud, that you couldn't tell who was on your side. But today its a no no, the little loves could fall over and get their knees dirty. Or worse still could fracture an eye lash, or dislocate a finger nail. The game has turned to shit. Blah blah blah.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, diggleblue said:

Disgraceful. They should be fined if game off.

Clearly no global warming in Halifax!

somebody that doesnt understand how outside works tryna make a point about global warming?

• Like 1